It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
That mechanically sounds like something I'd give a pass completely.anemo said:You could probably make a pretty awesome MMO If you took everything that was in the cash shop and made it a social mechanic:
- Want an experience gain boost. Spend 10 minutes "sparring" (mechanically dueling) with another human.
- Want to improve drop rates. Spend a few minutes looking at another adventurers "journal" (mechanically have every "quest" have a corresponding journal page that has some lore tidbits)
- Want rare cosmetics. Give each crafter the ability to apply skins that are earned on repairing gear.
- Want an "I WIN" button (self resurrection, out of class damage boosts, and similar) . Make it require assembling an artifact from a bunch of different adventurers (IE: Shield of Arav quest from Runescape which had tradable items that were down mutually exclusive quest paths, but where you needed one of each).
- Want BIS gear being rare/difficult/annoying, require each tier of gear to have more and more people needed for it's "improvement" ritual. (poking at the K-MMOs that have item shop hells that can destroy items when enchanting).
- Want pets/summons to have limits. Make it so that each pet has a consumable timer that is character specific, and after the timer is used up it stays at 0 until it's in another adventurers possession (and they use up the timer). (IE: two people can trade their used up summonable pet, and both come out way ahead with new usable summons)
That mechanically sounds like it would be a good design start for a PvE sandbox. Especially if you get everything spinning into some sort of feedback loop.
It's account wide.Albatroes said:Is it account-wide or 1 character? Sounds good for account-wide