It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Awesome post, says it all. Steer clear of this game folks, don't give your hard earned money to this team. Just let this sinking ship sink, don't help them patch it together to limp along prolonging the inevitable. Unless you like games like Sims, then have at this one because sitting around emoting, dance parties, and decorating your house is the extent of content in this game. It's just a cash grabbing grindy game with no soul.Aron_Swordmaster said:And just to make clear to those who haven't grasped the wider implication that we former Kickstarter backers who have left the game were long, long aware of;
Now I personally agree this was the right thing to do. However if you read the thread, even amongst those agreeing it was too there are many still asking for some form of compensation for losing the forums.
- We were promised a Buy to Own game, instead it's been hauled off by the economic designer Chris Spears (who incidentally thinks everyone who posts here is awful, do find his past comments) into being macro transaction driven and having a Premium Currency on top
- It is also legal to Real Money Trade both the items in game, the Premium Currency, but also the basic gold itself.
- Many of the early backers intended to push development towards this, and are responsible for pressuring the team into make the game Persistent so they could begin trading the stock they had built up. The economy however was so seriously unready for this, and the game so badly designed still it was instantly broken upon launch. So much so that Starr Long publicly stated that 90% of players couldn't even afford to play, and they've had to introduce a daily Log In bonus of both gold and XP to allow people to still take part.
- The RMT backers specifically signed up to Dev+ to get information ahead of time in order to take advantage of Inside Information on all the changes they knew would thus have to be made. In this case, the drama begins when a user who still cares for basic fairness becomes aware that one piece of information is that a vital component in crafting (which like everything else, is tied to not just RMT but the in game Premium Currency) was about to become 100x rarer on the live server. So RMTs were buying up these goods...
- ... however if you discuss anything you see in the Dev+ forums outside of them, you can be banned from the forums and even the game. So you have a situation where you can get a real money advantage over other players based on hidden information only you have access too, and have them banned if they try and discuss it.
- So despite Chris Spears pushing an insane Libertarian economic design for 4 years, Portalarium apparently don't understand what they've actually created until the above poster risks it all to call it out all the same, at which point the damage control kicks into affect... probably because Insider Trading where real money is concerned is ILLEGAL.
But they should have been closed at least a year ago, when the game effectively launched. And it was, it doesn't matter how you can spin it, once you start allowing full scale RMT, the game is effectively live for any realistic definition.
Insider Trading should never have been allowed to happen. It's Portalarium's sheer blindness and incompetence that ensured it did; and the linked thread shows why. 1 in 4 of the responders when I did a quick count are outraged that they've lost the insider information. 25% or so of the responding population not just demanding the right to be immoral, but continue doing something outright illegal..?! But this is the kind of greed driven Cult thinking Shroud encourages; those of us who tried to appeal against the ever growing focus on RMT ahead of RPG were slowly driven out (or banned from) from the forums.
Portalarium simply wasn't listening to anyone but the Whales. And now they're getting tied into increasingly awful moral and legal messes... and they're still nowhere near financial security, much less finishing Episode 1. That's why they're doing a deal to add a cyrpto-currency trading network in game next too. They. Never. Ever. LEARN.