Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is College Worth It?

2»

Comments

• abbabaabbaba Member Posts: 1,143
    I go to college right now at campus of about 6,000 students, in a town of about 10,000 non students. it's really laid back, and I'm enjoying myself - it's not too difficult, and plenty of time to hang around with friends. It sounds like some sort of 2 year tech school would be best for you though.
  • MisfitZMisfitZ Member Posts: 368

Originally posted by Kuzzle

Originally posted by zieen

I don't know if this has been mentioned, as I don't want to read all of the other posts, but you're going to have a much easier chance at getting scholarships/grants as a high school graduate.
    Also, I think you said you live in Alaska. I think that right there will get you access to a couple of grants.

Well, I know it would if I were a Native. As I'm not, I don't know...

And yeah, I know I'd probably have it easier if I graduated High School, but I just can't keep going there.

There's still grants available for students at UAA. You've got to look for them. I would recommend signing up for a class called "Getting an education debt free" offered at the uni. I think there's one in Oct. It's a 2-day, 1 credit course that basically teaches you how to find and apply for scholorships and grants. It's not quite a grant writing course, but there are some great things that can help you tremendously.

And UAA, like most schools, is as good as you want it to be. You get out of it what you put into it, anyone saying otherwise is a slacker with issues.

-----------------------------
    Listen Asmodeeus, seven years ago, Ultima Online didn't even have those pathetic "quests" that you refer to or those "professions" of ninja, samurai, necromancer, and paladin. Nor did it have any of the neon crap, or bug mounts. It didn't even have any "combat moves." You turned on attack and jousted with simplistic swings. It was a better game then. if you can't guess why then just uninstall the thing and move along. - Crabby