Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What profession do you think is the most useful?

last_exilelast_exile Member Posts: 196
In your opinion wich is most useful?

Comments

• VGJusticeVGJustice Member Posts: 640

Sadly, that's a question that can't be answered. At best, you'll get "I pick X because it's my favorite". When you really get down to it, every class is usful and needed in one way, shape, form or another. No single class or single character can or will be more useful than the ones around them.

That's my opinion.

--~~--
    Play Guild Wars? Go here - http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

• last_exilelast_exile Member Posts: 196

Originally posted by VGJustice

Sadly, that's a question that can't be answered. At best, you'll get "I pick X because it's my favorite". When you really get down to it, every class is usful and needed in one way, shape, form or another. No single class or single character can or will be more useful than the ones around them.
    That's my opinion.

Well said
  • grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102
    Without question its monk.....
    Im a great monk and only the most f-d up of parties dies on my watch. Problem is Ive seen a lot of bad monks that make our class seem un-necessary when a few key binds and some fast reaction times makes a world of difference.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

Very true about the monk being very important to any good party. But, I'd like to point out that as a full heal or prot monk, you've got no offensive capabilities. I should know, I also play a monk, and I also have a good amount of experience.

The Monk lets the others survive fighting things, but the rest of the pary is what takes everything out. A monk by itself is doomed to failure, much like any single character.

This is of course disregarding those crazy smite monks. :P

--~~--
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

• bugzapperbugzapper Member Posts: 26
    Since in most quests and pvp you need to deal damage in some way i would consider those classes most usefull that deal damage the best.

There are a lot of "enabler" classes such as monk but most usefull is what delivers damage.

Elementalist is up to par with warrior, especially those E/Mo s since they can deal loads of damage with a great energy potential for heals.

• I need to chagne my vote, I like dervish now :P

• emdtemdt Member Posts: 325

Originally posted by VGJustice

Very true about the monk being very important to any good party. But, I'd like to point out that as a full heal or prot monk, you've got no offensive capabilities. I should know, I also play a monk, and I also have a good amount of experience.
    The Monk lets the others survive fighting things, but the rest of the pary is what takes everything out. A monk by itself is doomed to failure, much like any single character.
    This is of course disregarding those crazy smite monks. :P

hm i concur as well. being is monk is fun cause of the responibility, but when a fellow monk is using flare.....tsk, it pisses me off so much

---------------------------------------------
    *characters*
    Guild Wars
    -Danish Kokor-lvl 20 monk/mesmer
    -Ettarde Aoi- lvl 7 warrior/ranher
    Maple Story
    -Danish-lvl30 Hunter
    -kokore-lvl8 Mage
    Runescape
    -Lady Ettarde-lvl 58

• hadzhadz Member Posts: 712

Dervish is now the most "rounded out" class of all 10. It can do ALMOST anything (even heals fairly well) AND IT HAS GOD FORM...haha. (Unfortunately, I'm expecting some nerfs...boo!)

My vote still goes to Ranger though, it is amazingly useful as a class. So many game altering abilities, and pretty much the ONLY class that can use ANY SECONDARY and use it well. Expertise reducing skill costs, bigtime ranged damage, high elemental resistance armor, and lots of speed/dodge increasing abilities...what more could you want.

• ata23ata23 Member Posts: 94

I am a assasin/mesmer. Pretty coll can take care of his health and great dmg deal besides with memer I can burn the magic, I like it fun to play besides

Nightfall is pretty good If I find it I will buy an online code

• Originally posted by canadian19
    I don't know what to think anymore after the preview event. I just know that monks aren't quite as necessary as we might have assumed, based on a TA build that my guildies and I ran with about 90% wins :D.

Oh, and Paragons seem slightly overpowered in a few spots, if used correctly.

Yeah I think that might be true, but keep in mind a necro can completely shut down and/or punish shouts and chants with just two skills.

We will see how it all shakes out.
  • jennau116jennau116 Member Posts: 3
    I liked the Paragon, and the dervish. for most of the event I played as a dervish, and it was kinda cool swinging a sythe around I got a really cool one too. cant remember what it was, but it was cool.

as far as useful professions I voted Monk. at least with a monk he/she can hang back and heal while everyone fights, and still hold his own. Personally my favorite Char type is ranger. I dunno why but wnehever I start a char it either is a ranger, or has a ranger seccondary (minus my N/mon in propechies).

and did anyone else notice that some of the Dervish Emots were the same as the rangers...? I do hope that changes some.

-Austin.

I wouldn't doubt that about the new class emotes. I noticed that with Factions, as the Assassin emotes are Ranger emotes minus the dance.

--~~--

• acidleakacidleak Member Posts: 33
    i have to say that even monk isnt needed. you can heal as a rit, you can heal as a paragon (that premade build is freaky, but it works) and saying that monk is more useful is totally wrong. if i get in a random with 2 monks ill most likely leave around the 7 min mark bc you need dmg as much as heals. and an anti healer build is always nice too :)

• hadzhadz Member Posts: 712

I'd have to agree that monks are one of the LEAST useful classes. (In that they have very little "utility" in a team, they only really do one job)

I remember so many times just grabbing a henchmonk or 2 (in an otherwise full group) and succeeding in missions easily (something to be said for NPC reflexes and their ability to never lose concentration or lag). But then again, the same can be said of almost any class. There is no "most" useful profession, as all of them are dispensable. The other day I did Boreas Seabed with a 6 PC team where our only warrior dropped and we were using a henchmonk, 3 necros all setup differently, a couple of rangers and an Ele...masters...easy.

(That being said, there's never a mission so easy as when you've got a good healer...and a good tanking Warrior can make a huge difference too...and then of course there's the MM or SS necro, which can have you chopping through mobs like gnats...oh, and if you have a really good mesmer, the mobs don't even get their shots off before they die...see what i mean)

• neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276
    I don't think you can really answer the topic question.   Now if you said "What profession do you think is most useful for situation X?" that is different.

Also it usually boils down to who is playing their class the best in a given situation.  

--------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com