Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I download the game?

SpeedhaakSpeedhaak Member UncommonPosts: 296

Hi EvE players,

I am just wondering is it possibly to download the entire EvE game, legally ofcourse. The reason I ask is becuase it isn't available in any Stores where I live (ireland) anymore :(

And I've heard nothing but great things about it from the community here, plus some old SWG players say its a safe haven for those long lost to SOE's wrath.

With kind regards

Comments

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312
    You can only download the game. Easiest way is to go to th main page and look for the EVE Client button on the left side. If you going to play the trial first (hell its 14 days free) I know the one on MMORPG ahs a link to download the client. note: there is no difference between the Trial and Full Client

• waylanderukwaylanderuk Member Posts: 40

Aye like nic said the client is free, download it from the eve website get a trial key and you are set.

Even if you found a CD in a shop (btw game in the UK sometimes has them) the client is over 2 years out of date and i don't think you can patch it from a client that old anyhow

You can get the key from this site (he says looking at the banner on the top of this page). When your trial is up and if you want to then make it a paying account then the irst month is £20 ish and then it drops down to the normal price.

one trick you can use if you find a CD copy they key in that is still good to use...and if you find a cheap copy (i got mine for £9.99 2 years or so ago). But I have seen a couple of copies this year in a Game shop. The down side is i you use the trial first you will not be able to transfer your trail character accross with out hops to be jumped through (used to be allowed but it was stopped for some reason not sure why).

Hope this helps.

PS. the devs know all about the old copies and no its not a exploit but a valid offer that is still active but no more of them will exist when the last of those keys are used.

• Sure thing Speedhaak, you can get started by following this link:

EVE Online | Free Trial

Just enter the code from the right hand side of the screen into the corresponding field, along with your e-mail address. Click the 'Get Access Pass' button. You'll be e-mailed a download link. It's as easy as that! See you in space!

• SpeedhaakSpeedhaak Member UncommonPosts: 296

Thank you all for your replies, I'll D/L and have a go, will report back soon.

Regards.

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700
    TIP:
    Play the ENTIRE tutorial.  Yes it is slow paced and yes it's a lot of strange info that you may THINK isn't important but it IS!  If you try skipping the Tutorial EVE isn't like other MMO's where you can just 'wing it' (At least not successfully).  EVE is a very intensive game and takes a while to really learn.

NOTE:  This is something people miss often!!!
    Once you complete the tutorial Make sure you go to the Agent that EVE refers you to and do all the missions that agent sends you on.  Don't talk to any other agents until that agent gives you your implant as a reward for the last storyline mission you do.

The implant itself is worth between 600k and 1.2 million ISK.  This will fund, at minimum a top-end Frigate or a low end cruiser (again depending on market prices and how much you've saved up throughout the missions).  Once you're done, if you're somewhat frugal with your money, you should easily have 2 million or so ISK saved up.  Use that to either get your first good ship or get skill books for training.  Which you choose is up to you.

But:  Make sure you do those missions.  They will teach you as much, or more, about all the options in EVE as the Tutorial does.  And once you're done... you've still only barely scratched the surface.  After that I'd recommend joining the EVE-University corp or one of the other newbie friendly corporations in EVE (Join the Recruiting channel, the tutorial will go over how to do this at some point). 

Good luck!  And welcome!

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell