Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Either mmo's suck or im picky

WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Cant seem to find any mmo fun to play, ive been playing nwn for awhile now and just about finished the campigns...

So is their any game that really offers somthing worth playing? Somthing someone who only has 2-3 hours a day to play..?

List of games ive played so far..:

Anarachy, Auto assault, Coh/v, D+D, DAOC, Eve, EQ/EQ2, FoM, FFXI, GW, Horizons, KO, L/L2, MS, Planetisde, Risk your life, Ragnarok, saga of ryzom, Silkroad, WoW *duh*, Mu online, Minions of Mirth, Turf battles, Rakion, Rubies of Eventide, and EQOA

think thats all of em...

Havent played em in awhile, but cant think of a good reason to reactivated any of them, because they're all pretty much the same, to time consuming, or offer very little to fun.

Comments

• TryggviTryggvi Member Posts: 83
    If you can stand a game from 1999, that's b2p then p2p, then try Asheron's Call.  The newest version is $20 and I believe it's 12 or 13 bucks a month.  It has been my favorite forever.  If I can't find a newer MMORPG coming out which is similar, I'm going to start this up again.  It has consentual PVP but if you want fullon HARDCORE PVP, join their Darktide server.  I played on it without any friends and the first thing that happened was a group of archers(player-made) killed me.  It was a rush, and their are death penalties.  I had to spawn and run as fast as I could and try to lose them, all the while avoiding other PKers and Aggro mobs.  It kicked ass.  That was 4 or 5 years ago though...it's probably dramatically different but still awesome.
  • Rakion isn't an mmorpg. And it is really hard to find an mmorpg where you can only play 2-3 hours a day and get somewhere. I would try shadow bane it is free and has open pvp so it doesn't ever get boring.  Well I guess it could... But really anything can get boring after a while
  • sunflamesunflame Member UncommonPosts: 181

Originally posted by Wolfenpride

Cant seem to find any mmo fun to play, ive been playing nwn for awhile now and just about finished the campigns...
    So is their any game that really offers somthing worth playing? Somthing someone who only has 2-3 hours a day to play..?
    List of games ive played so far..:
    Anarachy, Auto assault, Coh/v, D+D, DAOC, Eve, EQ/EQ2, FoM, FFXI, GW, Horizons, KO, L/L2, MS, Planetisde, Risk your life, Ragnarok, saga of ryzom, Silkroad, WoW *duh*, Mu online, Minions of Mirth, Turf battles, Rakion, Rubies of Eventide, and EQOA
    think thats all of em...
    Havent played em in awhile, but cant think of a good reason to reactivated any of them, because they're all pretty much the same, to time consuming, or offer very little to fun.

Well... u know that NWN2 is coming out next month so..... but anyway - about MMORPG - sounds like uve tried most of them - so u better wait for the "new" ones to come out (Warhammer/AoC/Vangaurd/LOTR Online/Gods & Heroes) - im @ the same situation as u are and im just waitting till one of these games will come out.
  • CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440
    OMG your too picky.  Why cant you play the same generic grind feast over and over again with the same tired themes, quests, and classes?  Learn to be corporate meat, its the popular thing to do now.  You don't want to be left out do you?

• SassymolassySassymolassy Member Posts: 363

Im not excited about any of the current crop but I have high hopes for 3 or 4 coming out this year.  Wouldnt be nice if they didnt go the way of archlords and DnL.

Dont go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. (Mark Twain)

• AngelboundAngelbound Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,437
    rofl
  • LaazarLaazar Member Posts: 20
    wow after reading that list i'm surprised you ever stayed with any game to really get immersed in it...sure glad i'm not the one that has to coook for you too. i myself still play asheron's call and altho many get in thee rut of dungeon squatting and killing same boring beasties over n over n over ad infinitum one doesn't have to do that to have fun for ther is a lot of content and some of which can be very challenging. on another note if games too easy or boring try playing it with less character skills and or buffs etc,,, it can get really tuff and interesting fast...unless your like most and just want to be "uber" and steamroll over everthing,,,,no fun in that
  • CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

I know your problem.  Its the cursed fear of all mmo clone publishers.  You want an actiony casual game.  You want to get in there and feel you accomplished something in 2 hours while still having a nice action packed adrenaline rushing game.  Damn these players they are so many and demand so much out of the developer.  I can just hear the rants:

• I want fun twitch based and balanced pvp
    • I want to do other things then kill things all day long
    • When I log on I want to craft, like actually craft and it to mean something
    • I want to be able to just be an explorer and see every pretty little thing the artist created along the way without having to fight all those annoying monsters.
    • Robots are cool, I want a robot(trust me I hear it)
    • I want to feel special like my time is worth something
    • I want customer support that won't ban me for addressing a problem
    • I want a sophisticated monster AI for some sort of challenge and PvE and have it so killing 1 big monster is more beneficial then killing 100 weak monsters.
    • I want emmersive quests where I can make decisions that have real outcomes
    • blah blah blah blah blah

Edit- Ohh worse yet

I wanna try all the classes without having to rework a toon for 1000 hours.