Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Martial Arts Game?

BostonCrabBostonCrab Member Posts: 8

Is this gonna be just another silkroad, Hero Online etc game? Havn't really looked at the game, just wanna get some thoughts. Seems every now and then another one of these Asain games comes along. This one any better?

Which FF Character Are You?

~Currently Playing L2~
~6x OL~

Comments

• jrobinsondcjrobinsondc Member Posts: 10
    Well the game looks promising, but only if u like Kung Fu. 9D have a lot of background history if u really like to rp and also the rpg is good cuz u will feel like a kung fu fighter, lots of techniques to learn and also u must train ur skills and tecniques to become a real master. Lots of quest to do. Graphics r very good. Dunno how will be the USA version but from my Viet experience the game have a lot of grind, the cool is that the grind is funny for the quest, the movements u make, the animations and cuz u will change from mobs very often.
  • zanadazanada Member Posts: 48
    I have faith that this game will blow Hero Online and Super Grindfest Galore(aka Silkroad) away I got into closed beta and made 3 chars and so far the game has a lot of promise
  • jfk070jfk070 Member UncommonPosts: 13

Originally posted by zanada
    I have faith that this game will blow Hero Online and Super Grindfest Galore(aka Silkroad) away I got into closed beta and made 3 chars and so far the game has a lot of promise

ugh, i'm in the CB as well, it's too much grind for me. If you read the CB forum, a lot of players think that way too.
    They make it sound like a decient quest based mmo, but in reality, it's a grinder.

Plus I was hoping for more combat interation with decient combos and such. I got to level 15 and those are usually the fun fast leveling times in an mmo. It just seemed to drag on and on.
  • AkikiAkiki Member Posts: 95

Originally posted by _jfreak
    They make it sound like a decient quest based mmo, but in reality, it's a grinder.

Most of the quests haven't even been put in yet....it's closed beta (the devs said themselves only very little of the quests are available right now, but there will be hundreds available by open beta). If they gave us ALL the quests now, then we would know the whole game's storyline before we even play the REAL game. Not to mention the fact that at level 15, you don't have many fighting moves, so of course combos will be a bit hard to do at that level. It sounds to me like you barely played at all.

• jfk070jfk070 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    that's part of our job is to test the questing system and story line. but of the quests i've seen so far, i'm not thrilled with it.

I'm sure they will put more content in as per one of their previous interview comments, but something about them just isn't sitting right.

My spidy sense is telling me this isn't the quest based buffet they promoted a while ago.

I guess we'll see.

I'm not so happy with the combat system but maybe at level 60+ it starts to get interesting.

Maybe the OB will be better for all of us.

• BostonCrabBostonCrab Member Posts: 8
    How is the quest system btw? Is the typical *kill 200 monsters to get a potion* or have they put some time into it like in WoW?

Which FF Character Are You?

~Currently Playing L2~
    ~6x OL~

• AkikiAkiki Member Posts: 95
    Some are "go get stuff for me" quests, others are "deliver this for me" and some are "find out the name of something for me", where you find out the name, and actually type it in. But as I said, there are so few quests at the moment, its hard to tell how they will all be (or how many kinds there are). I can't say anymore, because of the beta code of silence, so sign up at the official forums and hope someone leaks information (or hope you get into beta) :P
  • jrobinsondcjrobinsondc Member Posts: 10
    Yes they r some based time quest, i found one for Wu-tang that u have 3 mins to kill like 5 wolf and open a chest and go  back to the npc with a strange item u will find, also i read in somewhere some of the delivery quest are based time too since u will transport strange poisons or remedy that will not work if u arent in time.
  • demonwingdemonwing Member Posts: 5
    this game seems very good. judging from what i have played so far it will be pretty good if u like martial arts.