Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

will a mmo ever reach the 10.0 rating?

Comments

• WolfjunkieWolfjunkie Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 985
    Never.

• opeth313xopeth313x Member Posts: 234
    When I get a hot girlfriend.

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170
    No because there will always be people who rate it low because it's not the game they play.

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

It's doubtfull, very doubtfull.

The wonderful thing about the MMO genre is that there's something, or at least hopefully, for everyone. No one game is perfect for everyone and every game will have those who think it's great and those think it's horrible.

By their very nature MMO's can be intensely personal experiences which also means they tend to evoke emotional responses from people, good and bad.

A 10.00 score would mean a game that was perfect for everyone on a personal level which I find extremely unlikely. Thankfully so perhaps?

• JackBauer24JackBauer24 Member Posts: 283
    When President Bush is smart.
  • opeth313xopeth313x Member Posts: 234

Originally posted by JackBauer24

He's smarter than you.

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Have to wonder why its not there yet then. Quit it with these kinds of unfounded attacks, he's no ivy league, but hes not some retard picked up off the street either.

To OP: never. There will always be some players rating games that do not like a game simply because they dont play it, and it rivals one that they do.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490
    Is there any normal game that has attained a 100% marking? Plus it is even more less likely with the categories divided determing the score.

• RinicRinic Member Posts: 715
    Real life doesn't even get a 10, and it has the best graphics, and content out there!

How could someone make a 10.0 MMO?

• MeonMeon Member Posts: 993

Originally posted by RockyRambo

yes. If a game just came out and there is 1 rating of 10 :)

On a more serious note. Games will only appeal to a minority (exept if it's WoW
    ::::01::), no matter how hard they try

• RockyRamboRockyRambo Member Posts: 37
    i wanna see a 10.0 rating one day
  • XpheyelXpheyel Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 704

Since the decimal only goes down to the tenths place, theoretically all we have to do is get a game to 9.95 and it should kick over... If we all spammed some unpopular game with few votes, it could probably be done.

Giving a game a giant hype-rating would probably be easier though.

• PTEDPTED Member Posts: 464

Just look for a game that hasn't been voted on and vote it for 10, simple.

• acmtalkacmtalk Member Posts: 405
    never ever

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

Originally posted by Aelfinn

Have to wonder why its not there yet then. Quit it with these kinds of unfounded attacks, he's no ivy league, but hes not some retard picked up off the street either.

To OP: never. There will always be some players rating games that do not like a game simply because they dont play it, and it rivals one that they do.

But he is Ivy league....  You know, Yale

I really, really, really think he is Machiavellian.  To understand what I am saying, read Niccolo Machiavelli's The Prince.

To the OP, When the "War on terror" is won (by either side, heh not likely), there will be a 10.0 MMORPG.

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• MMO_ManMMO_Man Member Posts: 666
    Isn't Eve ranked 11 on this site?

I sleep with a pillow under my gun.

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

i wanna see a 10.0 rating one day

you won't though it is technically possible....maybe one day mmorpg.com will give a game a 10/10 though

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

There have been a number of MMO's that were at the 10 rating...when they were first added. Then they get bombed with low scores and after that things balance out.

• ApocalypticaApocalyptica Member Posts: 491
    There is not one mmorpg that deserve a 10.0. They all have flaws even if they are very small. Will there ever be a 10.0? Mhhh, not for a long time I think. There are still too many technical rpblems, like server lag, etc. For me that counts as well into a ranking.

------------------------------------------------------
    Do I ever sleep?

• logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

Originally posted by opeth313x

Originally posted by JackBauer24When President Bush is smart.
    He's smarter than you.

Highly doubtful.

• logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

Originally posted by Xpheyel
    Since the decimal only goes down to the tenths place, theoretically all we have to do is get a game to 9.95 and it should kick over... If we all spammed some unpopular game with few votes, it could probably be done.Giving a game a giant hype-rating would probably be easier though.

TY for explaining how EvE got its high score.

• SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

Nope. True perfection is impossible.

But you can come close if it's hitting a 9 maybe....

• XtromassXtromass Member Posts: 662

Originally posted by opeth313x
    When I get a hot girlfriend.

haha
  • outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    I dont think I have ever seen a 9 for that matter.

• SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

Originally posted by outfctrl
    I dont think I have ever seen a 9 for that matter.

Guild Wars and EVE currently share joint first with 8.3 each.