Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what type of movement is in the game

SpikeDXSpikeDX Member Posts: 37

is this game like a point and click style movement or using w-a-s-d or arrow keys to move?

and can u jump?

Comments

• zanadazanada Member Posts: 48
    from wat I heard it will be point and click, but its not 100% certain yet, which is a big disappointment but not a deal breaker for me , though being able to use wasd or the arrow keys would have been great

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Point & click obviously.

• Thekobe8Thekobe8 Member Posts: 57
    a beta tester from the vietnamese versione said in the official forums that is mainly point & click but there are some skills that increase your running speed and you can only control them with WASD (or the arrows)

• PowerDXPowerDX Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by Thekobe8
    a beta tester from the vietnamese versione said in the official forums that is mainly point & click but there are some skills that increase your running speed and you can only control them with WASD (or the arrows)

Actually, those skills, called "khinh co^ng" in Vietnamese, are the art of rapid movement and manouevres, enabling you to move quickly from place to place or escape from your enemies. Since there's no vehicles or teleport portals, you have to use those skill to run faster (and it's really fast). If you have watched Tian Long Ba Bu, you'll recognize that it's similar to Duan Yu's Lin Bo Wei Bu.
    WASD and your right mouse button are used for rotating the camera. Once you have activated "khing co^ng", you'll keep running forward until you bump into a wall or tree, so WASD or right mouse button will be used to control your direction. Note that you can't use it while PK-ing.

Basically, there's no teleport portals but there're some major cities that have roads leading to most places.
  • unklbozkounklbozko Member Posts: 5

mouse point and click and the arrow keys for movement

the wasd keys are used for opening other windows.

you did what, to who's dog, for how many oreo cookies?

• TruongDuK?TruongDuK? Member Posts: 6

Click to move.

You don't have WASD in this game.

btw, you can't jump

• J_HurryJ_Hurry Member UncommonPosts: 230

Yay, point-n-click. Retardation at its finest.

LGM Alchemist (Legendary Grandmaster)
  • DevilfishDevilfish Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by acidworm

I'm guessing that you're incompetant at point-n-click, therefore it's retarded to you? Move on if you don't like the control system.
  • Thekobe8Thekobe8 Member Posts: 57

70-80% of the mmorpg use point and click as the main movement system. i guess it's time for you to get used to it
  • karloskarlos Member Posts: 13
    no offense but only the none popular and crappy mmo's use point and click as main option only, wasd or otherkind of keyboard customization/w mouse is the way to go and it's been like that since a long while.
  • IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Originally posted by karlos
    no offense but only the none popular and crappy mmo's use point and click as main option only, wasd or otherkind of keyboard customization/w mouse is the way to go and it's been like that since a long while.

Ultima Online? Ragnarok Online? Lineage 2? Shall I continue?

• RenderclipRenderclip Member Posts: 5

Well it isn't that bad, because WASD woudn't be that handy in close combat, and if you had WASD you can only walk, but than ya had to move your viewpoint with the mouse, and than it's like a FPS.
    Now ya only use the mouse

• DerosianDerosian Member Posts: 8
    The way I see it is, there are the point and click skill tappers, and the mouse and WASD movement types.

They generally evolve into two very different games. 

Point and click generally depend upon how long you've played.

WASD can also depend upon personal skill. 

Then their is WoW, with a either form, but does depend upon how long you've played, everything can't be true all the time.

• GrimReapezGrimReapez Member Posts: 463

Originally posted by IdesofMarch

Ultima Online? Ragnarok Online? Lineage 2? Shall I continue?

QFT

Ps: wtf is "since a long while" ?

-
    Do not hate it, but instead embrace the diversity.

• thang212thang212 Member Posts: 7

what games do u play that u dont  point and click in can you name some? even if you are using WASD as movement controls you are still pointing and clicking with your mouse. i dotn understand your post can you ellaborate.
  • acidleakacidleak Member Posts: 33
    so basically, wasd isnt even an option? if so no thanks i went through 2 mice with diablo2 heh.

if wasd are used for different actions in the game, cant you just switch things around in key bindings or some other config list that should b provided in the game?

• AkikiAkiki Member Posts: 95
    I'm beta testing the game, and honestly, the point and click isn't very bad. Once you get the lightfoot ability, you never have to use point and click again if you don't want to (unless you are fighting), although that would make the land a bit hard to navigate (running at high speed all the time).
  • havocthefirshavocthefirs Member Posts: 229

I agree movement should be holding down the right mouse button and if you move the mouse to the right you move right.
  • demonwingdemonwing Member Posts: 5
    what he said...

Originally posted by Thekobe8

• TarsickTarsick Member Posts: 41
    i've always prefered wasd but don't mind point to click if the game is fun

• AndoraeAndorae Member Posts: 103
    yea, movement and fighting should be like in rakion :D