Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what next for us all?

Short term:  I am playing EQ2 on a PvP server.  Pretty hardcore and deep. 

Long term:  I've seen that there is now some functional fighting on the duck pond.

Comments

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252
    Hmm...must go check that out.  Hopefully you don't mean the actual ducks. 

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• ErwinnErwinn Member Posts: 48
     I only hope that there is something that can fill tha gap that SWG Pre-CU did. Every other game I've tried to play since then has totally sucked ass and not fulfilled my expectations. WoW, EVE, etc, whatever,  don 't y'all remember the excitement and adventure that y'all experienced during pre-cu when you started as a noob with a knive and a melon?  Man, I hope that SOE realizes that there is a large market for those of us that love Pre-cu SWG and will soon release Pre-cu servers so that we can actually play the game we love instead of bitch on these forums.  Peace y'all..........

FoE
    "Our Enemies are sacred cause they make us strong."

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

Originally posted by Erwinn
    Man, I hope that SOE realizes that there is a large market for those of us that love Pre-cu SWG and will soon release Pre-cu servers so that we can actually play the game we love instead of bitch on these forums.  Peace y'all..........

For what it is worth, I just spent the last 3 hours summarizing this situation in the market analysis section of a business plan I am writing.  It's all pretty damning when you detach yourself from the situation and honestly look at the business decisions they have made.

And yeah, I remember the knife and the melon and the CDEF pistol.  I was like, "eh, why is this knife kicking butt compared to this pistol? And boy do I suck, a butterfly just killed me."  When I got to use my first 1 handed sword...so cool.  "Wanna go again tough guy?  No butterfly is going to give me the smackdown!" 

But what really got me was wasting my first stormtrooper.  I was hooked! 

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• bigfootsbigfoots Member Posts: 198
    Yep fantastic memories. Makes you wonder if the decision makers at SOE were bothered to try to immerse themselves in their own game world before utterly wrecking it....clowns.

Proud Master CH -
    Sorry,
    Proud FORMER Master CH...
    my toon was untimely converted into something more Star Warsy

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

• MorlanMorlan Member Posts: 16

Short term: Trolling the SWG refuge forum, waiting for NWN2

Long term: Im going to try out LOTRO and Age Of Conan, besides hoping for a PRE-CU miracle for SWG.

• OssirisWardOssirisWard Member Posts: 74

Short term: playing D n D online and continueing with league play in BF2.

Long Term: Waiting for the ducks to get their act together to delve into pre-cu!

• VastarVastar Member Posts: 176
    SWG is down for the count. UO is it for me now but OSI/EA has nothing to do with it... ya know, *cough cough* *wink nudge*.

• MrArchyMrArchy Member Posts: 643

Short term:  fantasy football and maybe getting a CoX toon to 50

Long term: wishing upon a star that a good company comes out w/ a quality SW MMO.

SWG Veteran and Refugee, Intrepid server
    NGE free as of Nov. 22, 2005
    Now Playing: World of Warcrack
    Forum Terrorist

• suskesuske Member Posts: 714
    playing auto assault and waiting for that gods and heroes beta invite
  • ZaushZaush Member Posts: 371
    I may be done with MMORPGs. I am waiting for 2 things, classic servers (soe or ducks) or the Bioware MMO announcement. If niether pan out the way I would like, I am buying an XBOX 360 and going back to console games for good.

SWG brought me into this world, and becuase of SWG:NGE I will probably be leaving.

• Plasuma!!!Plasuma!!! Member Posts: 1,872

Short term: Trolling forums far and wide. Playing Halo and CS to frag game jocks while using ridiculously humiliating screen names.

Long term: Working with the CORE team to create an interesting and immersive RPG (not quite MMO) for a wide range of audiences. Until the team can actually announce itself as a development company, rather than a few hobbyists with too much spare time, I'll be waiting for Age of Conan and Star Trek Online... I gave up on Darkfall =/.

• paintchipspaintchips Member UncommonPosts: 107

I'm currently half-heartledly playing CoH/CoV and waiting for Vanguard to be released, Vanguard looks to have a certain level of complexity but I'm put off by the squeaky clean fantasy theme, so I may go Conan in the end just for a bit of grime. But what I really want is a gritty Sci-Fi.

Singleplayer games I'm waiting for are NWN2, Gothic 3 and Assassins Creed.

I'm really mourning the loss of playing SWG today, I have this incredible urge to just log on and play, but the game I want to play is not there anymore.