Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More Questions

PibblePibble Member Posts: 285

If I buy Factions, i don't need normal GW right?

If I play in Factions, do I also see the normal GW players, playing Guild Wars?

The questiosn above, please answer them to for Nightfall.

If I play Factions, would Xfire count the hours for Guild Wars, 'cause in the game list is no GW Factions, or Nightfall.

Isn't Nightfall very shortly launched after Factions? It's going to launch in October or something right? So what should I buy, Factions or Nightfall?

Comments

• NFWolfDudeNFWolfDude Member Posts: 304

1) No, you don't need the original GW to play factions.

2) Only if they own factions and go to the cities from that campaign (you can travel between them with a character if you own them both.

3) Same answers for Nightfall.

4) That's your choice, if I was just getting in, which I did a few months back, I would buy and go through the original campaign, buy factions and run my character through that then buy NF. A lot of people will tell you that the original is still the best. Factions has a definate oriental "theme" to it and has the assassin and ritualist classes, not available in proficies, which is what they call the original game, or nightfall (unless you travel). Nightfall seems to be central american "aztec" in theme. Nightfall has two unique classes also, same deal as factions. Factions is PvP heavy and Nightfall is PvE heavy.

5) Xfire doesn't care which campaign you are playing it all is "Guild Wars"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628
    Nightfall actually has a north african theme.
    Which chapter to buy depends on wheither you are primarily a pvp or pve player.  Prophecys has a long pve storyline, where as factions is short and concentrates on playing against other players.

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581
    Prophocies is aslo cheaper in most places ATM... A couple of stores are selling a combo pack.  AKA if you get faction and prophets at the same time that give you $20 off or something.  That depends on the retailer though.

Waiting for Nightfall isn't a bad idea.

Reguardless of whether you get Faction or prophets once NF releases most players will move to focus on NF for at least some time.

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

Originally posted by augustgrace
    Nightfall actually has a north african theme.
    Which chapter to buy depends on wheither you are primarily a pvp or pve player.  Prophecys has a long pve storyline, where as factions is short and concentrates on playing against other players.

people say north african theme i say arab theme... the buildings etc seem to be arab u know :P
  • PibblePibble Member Posts: 285

So it's the best if I buy the normal Guild Wars, and if I really love it, what I think I do, then I should buy Factions or Nightfall, or both.

Anyway, thx so far for the asnwers!