Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About the Ships

Well, I read some and i saw, "Everyone is captain of there own ship" does this meen you cant get your own crew   of real players?

If so it sucks quite hard.

Starwars Galaxies, An Empier Diveded, That's what it says on my box anyway.

Comments

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Go take a look at the forums of the game, there are tons of threads about this, and even a few here on the mmorpg.com forums.

basically, being a crew member of a ship was not FUN by any stretch of the imagination, and does not make for engaging gameplay.  Why on earth would somebody want to be cleaning the decks of your sloop when they could be firing cannons from their very own frigate?  It doesn't make for good gameplay, it sounds interesting on paper but in implimentation it would suck.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• TrubadurenTrubaduren Member Posts: 575

Well how about, some fires the canon, some is fixing the sail, and some is controling the boat.

This would seem like a singleplayer rpg, not a mmo.

• EowielEowiel Member Posts: 3

In almost every mmorpg you're the only one in control of your character, does that make them all single player rpg's? I'm not saying it can't be fun to have real players on your ship but that statement is false.

If you can think of a nice way to implement real players on ships, feel free to post it on the FLS forums (butread some the older threads about the same issue, so you don't run into the same problems and loopholes as others)

• zalvadorzalvador Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by Trubaduren
    Well, I read some and i saw, "Everyone is captain of there own ship" does this meen you cant get your own crew   of real players?

Rofl.. "Get your own crew of real players." Damn, I wanna be the deck boy.

Just to be alittle serious. Who would like to make the sail? It sounds stupid to have a crew of real players. IMHO..
    Ofcourse I would like to have my own ship and control it. Not tell the real players what they should do on the ship. Damn...

Yarr, you maybe drank to much rum.

• orion016orion016 Member Posts: 11
    Well i think it would be cool to have other people on your ship, but boring for the other people... more fun if you have a fleet of ships helping out.... that would be great....
  • pi.til.12pi.til.12 Member Posts: 10

I'm affrAID U are right... It sucks!
  • KorneliusKornelius Member Posts: 54

And what would the "slave crew" on the ship would do ? Sailing, firing, ok, but how would it be organised in the interface, would it be interesting only to click on one or two buttons "up" "down" / "fire" "load" ?

---
    If you are thinking of such games as Puzzle Pirates (in which you start by being in a crew), the goal isn't the same and i don't think the devs are developping this game to make people able to play puzzles... ::::04::
    ---

::::02::

GW- Warrior lvl18 - Monk lvl4

• TrubadurenTrubaduren Member Posts: 575
    Works in swg, perhaps you dont need to have other players onboard, but they should make it so you could do it, dosent that seem more fun?

• JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

Works in swg, perhaps you dont need to have other players onboard, but they should make it so you could do it, dosent that seem more fun?

No.

Soloers would be at a disadvantage.

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

• NastyNitroNastyNitro Member Posts: 75

lol they already put off the release to put in avatar combat, plus it would be really boreing being the person who swabs the poop deck or the person who raises the mast....so i hope to god they dont do that, i would really hate to sit on someone elses ship and be the cabbin boy.....

• XxkarateXxkarate Member Posts: 27
    Everyone is a captain of their own ship, meaning they control each ship. They might implement it where friends might be able to come on your ship. But at release you wont be able to get a crew of real players. Then you would have to wait for everyone of your friends to get on before you could sail. The crew are NPC's that you can probably hire.

SWG- Left after they ruined it
    WoW- Left after 2 years
    EVE- Left after three days
    Pirates of the Burning Sea will be the cure to my cancer.