Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another "Can't take it anymore" Rant/Vent

After almost a year after the total bastardizaton of our beloved game (Nov. 15).

I am more upset today, this very minute, then i have been since it hit.

It absolutely sucks that I can't log in and do what i want. These idiots over at SOE/LA who ripped this freedom from us can kiss my rear. They have forced me into playing "WoW", as just something to do. Who all has played WoW and Pre/cu-CU SWG, and notices you can't just go out into the middle of nowhere and just take in the world? Mobs all over the place, and everyone has been at the exact spot you are, a million times over. Who loved spending a while checking out vendors and just going shopping, and buying something you didn;t know you needed until you saw it, on a vendor? Who remembers searching for a specific type of crafter. Finding one placing the order, and hearing "I'll go make it right now!". I miss the excitement of the ride over to pick up my new item.

Why could'nt you see that once the "kids" who are playing Warcraft would eventually all hit 60 and get bored and look for something more mature and challenging.

It would have happened. I mean how many years did we hear rumors of Prequals to the Star Wars movies, we waited patiently and came out in force to the movies when they finally showed up, Lucas"arts".

SOE/LA you didn't just dumbdown/change the interface, you ripped the most diverse, community oriented MMORPG from a loyal, "paying your wages" customer base.

Give me back, what I spent over a thousand dollars on.

DAMNIT, DAMNIT, DAMNIT.

<<<seethe>>>

Comments

• WakizashiWakizashi Member Posts: 893
    That's funny, more and more people are fed up.  I thought the game was ruined when the original bastardization, ie jedi publishes-->CU happened.  But the important thing is that the word gets out that this game needs to die in a fire.
  • SODAofBRIASODAofBRIA Member Posts: 351
    Welcome to the fold!

Love, Sodapop

• KillerJimmyKillerJimmy Member Posts: 216

Originally posted by rollnstns

After almost a year after the total bastardizaton of our beloved game (Nov. 15).
    I am more upset today, this very minute, then i have been since it hit.
    It absolutely sucks that I can't log in and do what i want. These idiots over at SOE/LA who ripped this freedom from us can kiss my rear. They have forced me into playing "WoW", as just something to do. Who all has played WoW and Pre/cu-CU SWG, and notices you can't just go out into the middle of nowhere and just take in the world? Mobs all over the place, and everyone has been at the exact spot you are, a million times over. Who loved spending a while checking out vendors and just going shopping, and buying something you didn;t know you needed until you saw it, on a vendor? Who remembers searching for a specific type of crafter. Finding one placing the order, and hearing "I'll go make it right now!". I miss the excitement of the ride over to pick up my new item.
    Why could'nt you see that once the "kids" who are playing Warcraft would eventually all hit 60 and get bored and look for something more mature and challenging.
    It would have happened. I mean how many years did we hear rumors of Prequals to the Star Wars movies, we waited patiently and came out in force to the movies when they finally showed up, Lucas"arts".
    SOE/LA you didn't just dumbdown/change the interface, you ripped the most diverse, community oriented MMORPG from a loyal, "paying your wages" customer base.
    Give me back, what I spent over a thousand dollars on.
    DAMNIT, DAMNIT, DAMNIT.
    <<<seethe>>>

I feel your pain. Man, do I need a game to play right now! lol
  • n2k3156n2k3156 Member Posts: 523
    Yeah man. There are no good MMO's these days. Closest interesting thing for me is PoTBS, which is like a year away.

NGE Refugee.