Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Night Sisters

Remember when it took skill to kill Night Sisters.. /cry

Cozmic

Comments

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304

And you wouldn't go near Dathomir without a crate of swoops.  Nightsisters HATED swoop bikes.

Remember when Rancor were actually scary?  And grinding in Rancor Valley anyway?

• AmnestieAmnestie Member UncommonPosts: 24

Originally posted by Wildcat84
    And you wouldn't go near Dathomir without a crate of swoops.  Nightsisters HATED swoop bikes.Remember when Rancor were actually scary?  And grinding in Rancor Valley anyway?

I forgot about that. I lost so many bikes to those witches. Just flying by and WHAM! I have no bike and I'm all of a sudden struggling to run up a 90 degree inicline.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Originally posted by tillamook

lol,  found some good pics on imagedump of NS hunts

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=86632
    http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=17952

That second one made me want to cry...

I'd take that back in a second, Over Powered Buffs, Comp Clones, Over Powered DOT's & all....

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

I remember when me and my cousin killed our first Ranchor...

I think we were celebrating it for a week...in RL...

It was like..wow, we killed a Ranchor dude! Beer! Partay! Fook, we killed a Ranchor!

We were unbuffed and I was a novice commando, he a novice BH..it was really something. I don't think my cousin got that excited when he got his Jedai even...

W000000t!! We killed a RANCHOR!!!

imageThe last of the Trackers

lol,  found some good pics on imagedump of NS huntshttp://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=86632

Those pics look about right. I remember training up on my polearm skills with those night sisters. A friend and I would go out and just take them one after another. A TKM and a Master Pikeman can do a lot of damage to those girlies.

Originally posted by Amnestie

lol,  found some good pics on imagedump of NS hunts

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=86632

Those pics look about right. I remember training up on my polearm skills with those night sisters. A friend and I would go out and just take them one after another. A TKM and a Master Pikeman can do a lot of damage to those girlies.

I remember the first time I went there with my guild. I can still remember riding out to find them and seeing those scary looking NS rancor tamers perched ominously atop their rancor as shadowy figures in the distance. That planet was pretty scary when you were a noob. We had a Master pikeman, some TKMs. Good tankers. I can still hear the *clank *clank* clank* sound when I think back. Anyone remember the fire balls NS used to use? I remember my group leader telling me to stay back from the fire balls. I got a little to close, and bam I was dead. He said "I told you to stay back from the fire balls". I was only novice Marksman at the time but it was fun. I just cloned and came back. Later I died again when for some reason a group of them spawned on top of us and one came right at me like it knew I was just a noob and it had some form of intelligence. Good times.

SWG Bloodfin vet

• thamatharthamathar Member UncommonPosts: 103
    I still remenber one night i wasted about 5 crates of rocket launcher up their *** lol whit some friends of my guild

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Originally posted by wolfmann

I remember when me and my cousin killed our first Ranchor...
    I think we were celebrating it for a week...in RL...

It was like..wow, we killed a Ranchor dude! Beer! Partay! Fook, we killed a Ranchor!
    We were unbuffed and I was a novice commando, he a novice BH..it was really something. I don't think my cousin got that excited when he got his Jedai even...

There's an incredibly important thing to note here: Who DOESN'T have hunting photos like this? It used to be an accomplishment, and a point of pride... and now look at the game... You can solo anything you can hunt. True, in the CU you could solo many things, and in Pre-CU during the Uber-Buff times you could Solo a ton of creatures, but now it's rediculously easy. I've soloed 2 Grand Krayts at once now... It's just sad...

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

since we are in a sharing mood.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

SWG Bloodfin vet

Originally posted by tillamook Originally posted by Amnestie Originally posted by tillamooklol,  found some good pics on imagedump of NS hunts http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=86632http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=17952
    Those pics look about right. I remember training up on my polearm skills with those night sisters. A friend and I would go out and just take them one after another. A TKM and a Master Pikeman can do a lot of damage to those girlies. I remember the first time I went there with my guild. I can still remember riding out to find them and seeing those scary looking NS rancor tamers perched ominously atop their rancor as shadowy figures in the distance. That planet was pretty scary when you were a noob. We had a Master pikeman, some TKMs. Good tankers. I can still hear the *clank *clank* clank* sound when I think back. Anyone remember the fire balls NS used to use? I remember my group leader telling me to stay back from the fire balls. I got a little to close, and bam I was dead. imageHe said "I told you to stay back from the fire balls". I was only novice Marksman at the time but it was fun. I just cloned and came back. Later I died again when for some reason a group of them spawned on top of us and one came right at me like it knew I was just a noob and it had some form of intelligence. Good times.
    I remember the first time I ran into a night sister. During the beginning part of the game when it was still young our new guild went our to hunt baz nitches. That was a big ordeal. We needed practically a full group just to survive out there. We saw a night sister and said, "huh, what's that?" Then we foud out very quickly what they were capable of. We lost a few people during our first meeting with a NS. We steered clear of them the rest of the night or ran screaming when we stumbled onto a group of them.

• MorlanMorlan Member Posts: 16

I remember the first time i tried the NS-cave, it was right after server restart on Bria, so i had to go solo. Some guildmates told me that the cave was difficult to solo so i had lots of stims, food etc.. I went out to NS stronghold being Master Doc/Master Swordsman, and killed everything in my path down to the bottom of the cave, thinking this isn so bad. My cocky attitude soon changed when the NS queen summoned the 6 NS protectors(who my guildmates had "forgot" to mention) which spawned on top of me...LOL.

That being said i stood my ground fairly well until my armor reched 0 condition and i had to run like hell out of there.

Had a similar incident when i tried to solo the Singing Mountain Clan cave as a master fencer. Except here i got my ass whopped by the Giant Spider at the end.

• kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508
    Dathomir was the hell planet early on. Some of my old guild still bring up the times I would go hunt rancors solo without buffs or armor. It took skill to pull them correctly and to kill them. You couldnt just run in blazing like you can now. Even with the legendary T21 I got later, I still had to use alot of caution.

Those hunts would take hours. And were well worth it. As a master Ranger/Rifleman I even got paid to lead hunts on Dathomir.

Kai

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

Originally posted by Morlan

That being said i stood my ground fairly well until my armor reched 0 condition and i had to run like hell out of there.

Reminds me of the time I was out with two friends on Dantooine and I was helping them kill the Dark Jedi you had to kill when running the missions from the Jedi Cave.  I was Master Rifleman / Weaponsmith so I did not have the defense to go toe-to-toe even in Comp.  But I was able to kite him.    So everybody in our wimpy guild would call me for help.

Well, we got to that point in the mission where we had to kill the DJK and as usual I attracted the aggro.  5 minutes passed and I still had not dented him.  I was pissed.  What did SOE do?  Make them even stronger?  My two friends were plugging away as well but nothing was happening.  My hand was getting tired from all the kiting.  What to do?

I noticed a manned Rebel Base 250m away so I kited my way there.  He was slightly faster than me, so I had to use my terrain negotiation bonus to increase distance so I had to continue running in circles to keep him at a distance by running him into hills.  Finally we got there and I was able to get him to drop aggro on me and go after some Rebel NPCs.

My friends are like, "WTH?  I thought you could kill him?"  So I check his resistances and HAM, then check my weapon damage stats against his resistances...then I noticed it!  My weapon had died a long time ago!!! 

So I pulled out my DXR6-B and pretty much wasted him in 4 minutes or so. 

Only in the pre-CU my friends.

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
    /sigh...  I both love and hate seeing pre-CU screenies.  I love seeing the game as it was when I truly loved it.  And I feel very sad too.

Originally posted by jrscott

Originally posted by Morlan
    That being said i stood my ground fairly well until my armor reched 0 condition and i had to run like hell out of thereimage.
    Reminds me of the time I was out with two friends on Dantooine and I was helping them kill the Dark Jedi you had to kill when running the missions from the Jedi Cave.  I was Master Rifleman / Weaponsmith so I did not have the defense to go toe-to-toe even in Comp.  But I was able to kite him.  image  So everybody in our wimpy guild would call me for help.Well, we got to that point in the mission where we had to kill the DJK and as usual I attracted the aggro.  5 minutes passed and I still had not dented him.  I was pissed.  What did SOE do?  Make them even stronger?  My two friends were plugging away as well but nothing was happening.  My hand was getting tired from all the kiting.  What to do?I noticed a manned Rebel Base 250m away so I kited my way there.  He was slightly faster than me, so I had to use my terrain negotiation bonus to increase distance so I had to continue running in circles to keep him at a distance by running him into hills.  Finally we got there and I was able to get him to drop aggro on me and go after some Rebel NPCs.My friends are like, "WTH?  I thought you could kill him?"  So I check his resistances and HAM, then check my weapon damage stats against his resistances...then I noticed it!  My weapon had died a long time ago!!!  imageSo I pulled out my DXR6-B and pretty much wasted him in 4 minutes or so.  Only in the pre-CU my friends.

Now that's funny. I've spent wasted time trying to kill mobs with the wrong pistol. I felt pretty stupid when I finally figured it out each time. You'd think I would learn to check my weapon against the mobs' resistances after it happened the first couple times.

• MrArchyMrArchy Member Posts: 643

.........brings back memories, Jerik and I hunting on Dath, often with pals or other guildies.  Good times..........

SWG Veteran and Refugee, Intrepid server
    NGE free as of Nov. 22, 2005
    Now Playing: World of Warcrack
    Forum Terrorist