Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'd Like To See SWG Done Again But Like WOW! (Details Inside)

Main points of interest:

1) Updated WOW engine.
2) Large seemless worlds, and space. Only loading screens when entering planets.
3) Busy towns/cities like Mos Eisley with huge draw distance.
4) Level cap of 75 until expansion. (50% speed of WOW leveling)
5) Same races as SWG. 3 Factions. Imperial/Rebel/Nuteral
6) You can learn 2 professions out of 10 including:

Bounty Hunter
Combat Medic
Creature Handler
Storm Trooper
Engineer
Artisan
Scout
Witch
Priest
JEDI (Only unlocked when a random 2 professions unlocked when 2nd profession reaches level 75. Then its levels 1-75 again but in Jedi profession. Padawan lvls 1-50, Initate 50-70, at level 70 you can either go Master Jedi or Sith upto lvl 75)

7) Same planets as SWG. Each one contains one 10 man dungeon, and one 25 man raid. First dungeon is Jabba's Palace on Tatoonie at level 20.

8) Crafting similar to SWG

9) Player housing and guild towns, but only in designated zones.

10) Talent points similar to WOW.

11) Good, Superior, Rare, Epic, Legendary loot tables. Nothing is bind on pick up.

12) Similar mounts to WOW, but first mount is available at level 25. Epic at level 50.

13) 1 character per server, per account.

14) Death penalty = 5% XP loss of current level.

15) PVE - PVP - RP servers... World PVP with locations that can be captured.

What do you think so far?

Comments

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    No thanks....

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• Jade6Jade6 Member Posts: 429

It was done already... they call it "NGE"...

• Squall15Squall15 Member Posts: 454

Originally posted by MARTYB2K

wtf....
  • NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312
    I thought all the SWG players hated it when SOE tried to "WoW/EQ" it

• WolfjunkieWolfjunkie Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 985
    I didn't think SWG NGE could become much worse.. But you did it. Grats 

• CooktasticoCooktastico Member Posts: 599
    Yeah, I think I would like to see SWG how people originally liked it. I never got a chance to play it back during the release and would love that opportunity. WoW's leveling is too fast for my taste.
  • Jade6Jade6 Member Posts: 429

Originally posted by Cooktastico
    WoW's leveling is too fast for my taste.

SWG's leveling was always fast as well, but that's not the point. The original version was a complex, open-ended virtual world, not a "game"; that's what kept people playing.
    The key point in SWG, was the ability to create your own template - Mix and match the different proffesions. Not being locked down to 1, not being locked down to 2.

• dtoxdtox Member Posts: 14

Main points of interest:

1) Updated WOW engine.

scrap wow's crap engine all together

2) Large seemless worlds, and space. Only loading screens when entering planets.

more or less obvious.

Will be hard to make cities busy unless you put in loads of npc's. I rather have an empty city that a city full with npc's

please god no. Level's/level caps suck big time. Was fine as it was before with the "skill points"

see #2

Bounty Hunter
    Combat Medic
    Creature Handler
    Storm Trooper
    Engineer
    Artisan
    Scout
    Witch
    Priest
    JEDI (Only unlocked when a random 2 professions unlocked when 2nd profession reaches level 75. Then its levels 1-75 again but in Jedi profession. Padawan lvls 1-50, Initate 50-70, at level 70 you can either go Master Jedi or Sith upto lvl 75)

Put in all the original professions instead and scrap jedi alltogether. Make them a gm run event now and then.

7) Same planets as SWG. Each one contains one 10 man dungeon, and one 25 man raid. First dungeon is Jabba's Palace on Tatoonie at level 20.

No thank you... if you want to raid go play wow or eq2

Similiar?, why not as it was before.

Wont be fair. Bigger guilds will claim cities and small guilds will be without cities all together. And what if you want a house alone in the forest in the middle of nowhere?.

Worst idea i've heard so far for swg.

11) Good, Superior, Rare, Epic, Legendary loot tables. Nothing is bind on pick up.

see #10. Unless its craftable only and not loot the looted items will be so superior to the crafted items that it will be no point to build items. Like wow...

12) Similar mounts to WOW, but first mount is available at level 25. Epic at level 50.

Was fine as it was in swg. No point to mess that up.

/agree

Death penalty should be something other than xp. As the old skill box system works way better than a lvl based system Xp loss would be a bit tricky to put in.

I would rather have 2 - 3 servers with high population and ppl then can create RP guilds. PVP is only when your flaged like it was before. Worked good then will work good now.

1/10

• TheWarcTheWarc Member Posts: 1,199
    And then people tell us to stop crying about SWG
  • spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

I would love to see a Star Wars MMOFPS similar like Planetside or better like WW2online, where you have really a War and not just areas to lvl up. Possibilities to gain areas, outposts, starports..combined air and ground units.

That would be fantastic but not like they did, that was just a pussy star wars game, but probably the time for Star Wars will end soon, the hype will be over when the story ends.

• kidRiotkidRiot Member Posts: 209
    MARTYB2K you obviously never played Pre NGE SWG.  Those are horrible ideas, SWG engine pwns WoWs Carebear engine.  More people would quit SWG if they did what you posted.
  • treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Yeah I hate to burst your bubble but basically NGE was SOE's attempt at making SWG a wow clone.  SWG fans don't want WOW we want SWG which is as many have said a sandbox, use skill points to make your own template, not held down by the restrictions that such a system presents MMO.  I'm sure when the SOE big wigs started this god awful NGE endeavor they basically said lets do exactly what you have said but they failed to even accomplish that(which by the way would still have caused the mass exodus of players) so yeah for people who want WOW, play WOW and give me a sandbox SWG mmo again.

Originally posted by spizz

I would love to see a Star Wars MMOFPS similar like Planetside or better like WW2online, where you have really a War and not just areas to lvl up. Possibilities to gain areas, outposts, starports..combined air and ground units.
    That would be fantastic but not like they did, that was just a pussy star wars game, but probably the time for Star Wars will end soon, the hype will be over when the story ends.

That would make a boring game.
    Starwars is an amazingly deep setting, rebels and the empire are such a tiny bit of it.
  • SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

Worst Thread Ever

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • kimosabekimosabe Member Posts: 516

I couldn't help but to laugh when I read the title, and was astonished when I saw this was an honest post. As people have said, the NGE already is the SWG version of WoW.

As for your points of contention: 1. SGW's engine is pretty much infinately superior to WoW's. 2. SWG already has seamless worlds (unless they made some drastic changes in the last few weeks). 3. The only way SWG can increase population density is to merge servers, you can't just "get" more populated towns without more customers. 4. Get rid of 15 levels? I say get rid of all the levels. PreCU FTW. 5. That's already implemented, I don't see how they could change it and still call it Star Wars. 6. Just add a secondary profession? Not gonna cut it. 7. No, dungeons are already well done, and I don't wanna see more of them. 8. Similar crafting? Why not use the system they had before all the uber loot? 9. I say let players build where they want, except underwater etc... 10. No, it just doesn't fit into this game. 11. How about no uber loot? Keeps the crafters happy, which keeps a strong economy going. 12. Doesn't SWG already have mounts? I say bring back CH. 13. I can see with one character per server, and it worked preNGE when that's what the rules were. 14. Put in a death penalty for jedi and certain instances only, not one blanket rate. 15. I say SWG needs more customers before they can start designating them unofficial titles.

What do I think? I think SWG is already too much like WoW, and if it changes to become any more similar, SWG will lose all of their customers and just go play WoW since it'd be the same game in a different skin and have larger populations. I also think your post was totally misguided.

Je mettrai l'amour sur dos de moi.

• WakizashiWakizashi Member Posts: 893
    Reporting this thread
  • FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348
    By the gods lets not make the game MORE like WoW. Please!

I like WoW. I have an account (though frankly I never play my 60 character. But SWG was best when it was just after the CU IMHO. A lot of poeple claimed to have left over it, but really the games population skyrocketed to even more then the game had just after release. The servers were PACKED, especially the typical 'hunting planets'.

I think they should revert the game back to CU, fix the TUN of bugs and polish the game, I'd actually go back to it and cancel my wow account. But.. this will never happen so;

AoC FTW!

Originally posted by Fion 
      but really the games population skyrocketed to even more then the game had just after release.

This is just a bold faced lie
    Lmao ask anyone who was there man. The server pops went from like 30 servers with only 1-3 on peak  during the weekend even hitting Medium. Then the CU came out and server pops went from that, to, after a month, having 1-2 light, 10ish medium and 8+ in Heavy, Very Heavy or Extremely Heavy.

I know those who left cause of the CU will disagree with me, even flame me and say it's a bold faced lie, but ask ANYONE that was there for the first several months. The game had a HUGE boom. It was like all the old players had come back and then the commercials added 50k more.

You must have played on one of the larger servers where population is not as noticeable.  Or did you not get the memo about how SOE in an attempt to cover their shame, altered the server descriptions. 

• kidRiotkidRiot Member Posts: 209

Dumbest idea ever...Nuff said.

They need to leave SWG and get to work on SWG 2 and NOT fucked it up.  Hell fire all the people heading the SWG team.

• KillerJimmyKillerJimmy Member Posts: 216

Originally posted by Jade6

It was done already... they call it "NGE"...

lol Exactly what I wanted to post.
  • TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Main points of interest:

1) Updated WOW engine.

Bounty Hunter
    Combat Medic
    Creature Handler
    Storm Trooper
    Engineer
    Artisan
    Scout
    Witch
    Priest

They already did that.  It's called NGE.  Just a clue:  Level/Class based Linear progression systems are BORING because the end game only consists of raiding or item-centric PVP.

The only time SWG was good was Pre-NGE (and actually Pre-CU was the best in a lot of ways even though CU did fix a few things). 

Bottom line:  What you're proposing is ALREADY out there.  Go play it if that's what you want.  Only difference is you get 2 characters per account per server.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

Originally posted by Wakizashi

You must have played on one of the larger servers where population is not as noticeable.  Or did you not get the memo about how SOE in an attempt to cover their shame, altered the server descriptions. 

I played on Starsider. That server went from light most the time and medium on the rare friday or saturday night, to Very Heavy nearly every day and having server crashes on the weekends because there were just so many people playing at the time.

Trust me, the CU brought in a boatload of players, many old ones that left early on and came back to find SWG fantastic again.

Not that I didn't have my gripes about the CU. Combat certainly was dramaticly improved. But it was the beginning of the end for Crafting or the social classes.