Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

URGENT NEWS!!!

2»

Comments

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Originally posted by MX13

Originally posted by Shayde

Originally posted by Bissrok
    I think I'd rather have a Shadowrun MMO...
    Abso-freaking-lutely.

Been DYING for this game. Cyberpunk + magic... you can't go wrong there.

Mechwarrior is a little non-condusive to a real MMO... maybe a shooter type thing like Battlefront. Shadowrun would be brilliant.

There's a huge market for a sci-fi MMO, especially one like this. Give all the pre-pubes elves and cyberpunk goodness. In 10 years, they'll be looking at fantasy MMO's and asking "who'd want to play those?"

SR is too complicated to do right... those that have rolled it, know it... yes, it would be sweet, but I doubt anyone could do it right... well, at least unless they had 5 years...

Too complicated?

Naw.. it'd be a breeze. There's already a team working on concepts (which I'm sure will be tossed out if Bioware does it). http://www.shadowrun-online.com/

Only hitch would be decking. I could see a CoH type engine but bigger. Spells, tech. It's so doable it'd be wrong NOT to.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• KenshuAniKenshuAni Member CommonPosts: 851

Originally posted by wolfmann

A Mechwarrior MMO don't seem so narrow, if you look away from the 4 Mechwarrior games and 2 RTS's, but instead look at the books and  RPG and Strategy games sold worldwide.
    In those, you have just as huge world as Star Wars, and even more story to it. You're not locked to a mech if you take the aproach of the games that people play to this day when it comes to the Mechwarrior universe.

But then again, these guys might think that Auto Assault is deep, complex and well..not "impersonal". thus fail.

Nicely stated.  Also, do not forget another important factor that a mech game might bring.  It might draw in the asian market, the true birthplace of mech fiction.

Actually, such a game might be very intriguing.  Still, with no links in the quoted post I am not going waste energy theorizing on this.

• UbermanUberman Member Posts: 340
    Mechs?!  You've got to be friggin' kidding.  That'll do as well as Auto Assault.  Yawn.

I'll be really, really disappointed in BioWare if that's what they are coming out with. 

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

"I didnt know mars had a blue sky full of fluffy white clouds.."

You didn't watch total recall did you.

Its all Arnolds fault...

• OculitusOculitus Member Posts: 203
    Mechwarrior is fine and all, but I'd heavily prefer Shadowrun.  I think I'd prefer a Shadowrun MMORPG to nearly anything.   Fallout is only thing I can think of of the top my head that I'd like as much. 

It's just really hard to top a Street Samurai.

• BlazinBladesBlazinBlades Member Posts: 1,214

A MechWarrior MMO if done right would be incredible, there is a lot of MechWarrior fiction to base the game on or to draw from for developing the MMO MechWarrior galaxy, and there would be plenty of role playing value in MechWarrior. I was on a trip to Lebanon and was back up by 3 days, so I purchased 2 MechWarrior books from a market vendor and read them, they were actually really good. But to develop this game, well it will be one heck of and undertaking, it would be a huge job, very complex, very complicated, and it would require a huge budget to get done. But we will have to see, it would be neat to see it come about though. Bring it on down now.

Damn byotch dat aint no friggn moon fool, dat be a friggn space station byotch.

• nurseboynurseboy Member Posts: 11

OMFG!  If they come out with a decent mechwarrior MMO, I might have to convince the wife to let me upgrade the PC and reconnect the cable modem....

Oh sweet baby jeesus!  I used to play the Battlemech3056 MUSE, other pre clan era muds, muses, whatever...  I used to love love love those freakin games. 

Just based on my RPG and MUSe play as a member of Clan Smoke Jaguar and then Clan Nova Cat, the emmersion could be freaking coooool.  Definately room for a land-based game with your toon, hand to hand combat, hand(missles, guns, etc) to vehicle (mechs, hovercraft, etc) combat... Vehicle to vehicle combat (mechs) then you have atmospheric and space flight/battles....

I never experienced playing an Inner sphere character, but remember working up through the ranks as a SibCadet through my Trials....God those were the days....After playing for a while, I took over our clan's position of Clan Loremaster (Biccon Winters) (I think I spelled it right)....A big beefy, pseudo spiritual elemental chick....

I think the possibilities of a Mechwarrior/Battletech MMO would be endless and IMHO very very exciting...

Just my 2 cents

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    If Bioware made a Shadowrun MMORPG, I would be in hawg heaven! Shadowrun was my favorite SNES game and it was a great rpg. Hoping they are making Shadowrun all the way.

• 51505150 Member UncommonPosts: 222

I doubt we'll see a Mechwarrior MMO (which is a shame) because it would have been out years ago

Let me tell you why

A Mechwarrior MMO was actually being developed and had got as far as closed beta (sorry I'm at work so I dont have any links - assuming they still work) but got shelved (sorry I don't know why). This, I believe, was prior to Microsoft buying FASA

I believe the games working title was something along the lines of Battletech or Mechwarrior 3050 (the year is a bit of a wild stab on my part trying to remember when it was all set)

• BrentmeisterBrentmeister Member Posts: 79

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SHADOWRUN!

I would quit my job and go completely Catass for that game! Favorite RPG universe EVER!

If you cannot tell, I like the idea.  A lot.

There's free love on the Freelove Freeway.

• wmasseywmassey Member Posts: 5
    Starcraft MMO would nice.
  • MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Originally posted by wmassey
    Starcraft MMO would nice.

Hmmm.... who would make that? Hmmmm..... BLIZZARD MAYBE?!?!?!

LOL

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!