Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it really...

Is SWG really that bad? That you guys constantly bash it. Its a new game. Yeah its different and things are changed. Lets see you try to manage 30 professions + game content and try to fix bugs and keep adding new content. Its not easy. If anything you should give them credit for what they put into the game. I played the game its really not that bad. I enjoyed it. It was nice being back in the SWG feeling. Yeah they limited the professions but they stated they are going to change/add more to it. Its still a good game. YOU guys need to quit bashing it, If you don't like it than why do you you even talk about it. Whats the point for bashing it? Your not proving anything are you bored or don't have a life. Go do something. Don't ruin the game for the new people they are just trying to have a good time.

SWG is still a good game and always will be.

Comments

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

Originally posted by timchick10

Is SWG really that bad? That you guys constantly bash it. Its a new game. Yeah its different and things are changed. Lets see you try to manage 30 professions + game content and try to fix bugs and keep adding new content. Its not easy. If anything you should give them credit for what they put into the game. I played the game its really not that bad. I enjoyed it. It was nice being back in the SWG feeling. Yeah they limited the professions but they stated they are going to change/add more to it. Its still a good game. YOU guys need to quit bashing it, If you don't like it than why do you you even talk about it. Whats the point for bashing it? Your not proving anything are you bored or don't have a life. Go do something. Don't ruin the game for the new people they are just trying to have a good time.

This might be a better set of questions posted in the Veteran Refuge. The folks here in the SWG Current Fourm still enjoy and play the game and are here to answer questions for new folks and discuss current game events.

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• KzinKillerKzinKiller Member Posts: 625

Originally posted by BaronJuJu

This might be a better set of questions posted in the Veteran Refuge. The folks here in the SWG Current Fourm still enjoy and play the game and are here to answer questions for new folks and discuss current game events.

I dissent from this view ... a question of 'what don't you like about the current game belongs right here.  Well, ok, it belongs in General Discussion, but so long as this ridiculous compartmentalization of the forum goes forward, then it belongs here ...

Before, they were poorly managing a game we were very interested in playing, with depth, complexity, player interdependence and a huge variety of potential gameplay styles.

Now, they are poorly managing a game we're just not that interested in, with less depth, less complexity, less player interdependence, and far fewer potential gameplay styles.  Add in the ridiculous CU particle effects, borked combat system, lack of end-game GCW content for high-end players, and generally poor code quality and testing practices, and that's the story.

People bash them because they're just not very good at this, and they earn it.

• SODAofBRIASODAofBRIA Member Posts: 351

I don't get it.
    Did you just post to complain about people complaining?

Where does that place you on your little quality of life measuring stick? At least we have a valid complaint about what has happened to the game.
    Also, how do posts on MMORPG.COM affect your gameplay in SWG? How are the two related? Who are you to mandate whether the game is worth bashing or not bashing? The majority of people on this board aren't happy with the way the game has turned. Many have sunk countless hours and dollars into their game, only to have their professions, items, etc. ripped away from them.

If you ever expect anyone to respect your viewpoint, you'll have to respect theirs (at least to the degree of allowing them to have a viewpoint of their own).

Love, Sodapop

• grinreapergrinreaper Member Posts: 507
    actually, the game as it stands now is buggy as hell because it has been plastered over and redone twice now...it is totally dumbed down and all of the 'coolness' has been removed. I talk about it because I still have an AAP and check in on the crapfest every once in a while, just to see how bad it still is...last time I was on, I was killing lvl12-15 mobs with my lvl4, that is how retarded the game is
  • tetsultetsul Member Posts: 1,020

Originally posted by SODAofBRIA
    If you ever expect anyone to respect your viewpoint, you'll have to respect theirs (at least to the degree of allowing them to have a viewpoint of their own).

Or if nothing else, at least figure out what forum to post in. That would be a good start.
  • DidumdidajDidumdidaj Member Posts: 31

I agree with OP. SWG is a nice game, and yes there is alot of bugs. But in general, all MMORPG had ton of bugs, no one can point a MMORPG without them, matter of fact, it is impossible to make a game without bugs. SWG has a nice SW feeling, JTL is a great addon. Not many other game have this kind of features as in SWG. as for here EVE is rated highest, but EVE has also alot of bugs. many people here on morg.com is hard hardcore players who think they own the rights to judge and be judgements. Many people here dont even represent the broad playergroup, they a a small hardcore fanatic group who make a life out of playing mmorg.

who have the right to say what is right or what is wrong in a mmorpg ? Maybe the hardcore group is really wrong, they represent a small base, statisticly they should be wrong.

SWG has alot other game dont have, if you like SW you defenetly like SWG online.

SWG has alot of bugs like all other game.

/Didumdidaj

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Originally posted by Didumdidaj

I agree with OP. SWG is a nice game, and yes there is alot of bugs. But in general, all MMORPG had ton of bugs, no one can point a MMORPG without them, matter of fact, it is impossible to make a game without bugs.

I can count the bugs I have encountered in WoW on one hand and still have fingers left over.

I couldn't count the bugs in post-nge SWG with all the fingers in a football stadium.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

SWG has alot other game dont have, if you like SW you defenetly like SWG online.
    SWG has alot of bugs like all other game.
    /Didumdidaj

I own all the DVD's.  Definitely like Star Wars.  Definitely never playing SWG again.

All large coding projects have bugs, true.  But the question is whether a development project shows steady improvement over time, and better processes that result in fewer bugs with each new release, or steady decline in quality and customer satisfaction over time.

Alas, SWG is in the latter category:  it just gets worse and wrose.  This is not the fault of the coders, but of their managers.  It has always been a very, very poorly managed project, and the result is the buggy, inconsistent, and relatively dull product made today.

You vote with your dollars ... you can either vote for quality and ethical standards, or shoddy workmanship and continual bait-and-switching of the customers.  We know what an SWG subscription is voting for.

• starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

I dont vote with my money.....

I play with it and right Now I am playing SWG. I am not a revolutionary and I dont have some greater principle to prove by boycotting some video game that didnt go my way. The fact is I liked it when it came out and when the whole holo grind doc buff trend started I quit because I didnt like it anymore. Not because i felt betrayed by and evil entity but because I didnt enjoy the game anymore.

I came back because I heard they had changed it. Turns out they did and I happen to like a lot of the changes. They put jedi on the same level as anybody else which is fine by me. They got rid of the ridiculous doc buffs and invulnerability crap that made duels take 15 minutes. They put in the legacy quests which I like because it gives me something to accomplish other than taking missions from the terminals and grinding out lairs.

in truth I wish they would bring back some sort of creature handler/bio engineer/ranger hybrid class and call it iconic based on the rancor handler from jabbas palace or however they want to make it fit the storyline. Other than that Im pretty happy with the game right now. I think when they finish everyones expertise trees so we can get a little individuality going again and maybe make more clothing with armor class so we dont all end up wearing the same outfit the game will be even better.

Bottom line is play it. If you dont like it then stop. What you shouldnt do is listen to a bunch of crybabys who would rather pout about not getting their way then go play something that they do enjoy. this game never BELONGED to anybody but the company that created it. It says as much in the EULA if anybody bothered to read it. SOE never promised us that the game would always stay the same or that everyone would always like everything about it.

I like it. I play it. Its that simple.

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

Originally posted by starman999

I play with it and right Now I am playing SWG. I am not a revolutionary and I dont have some greater principle to prove by boycotting some video game that didnt go my way. The fact is I liked it when it came out and when the whole holo grind doc buff trend started I quit because I didnt like it anymore. Not because i felt betrayed by and evil entity but because I didnt enjoy the game anymore.
    I came back because I heard they had changed it. Turns out they did and I happen to like a lot of the changes. They put jedi on the same level as anybody else which is fine by me. They got rid of the ridiculous doc buffs and invulnerability crap that made duels take 15 minutes. They put in the legacy quests which I like because it gives me something to accomplish other than taking missions from the terminals and grinding out lairs.
    in truth I wish they would bring back some sort of creature handler/bio engineer/ranger hybrid class and call it iconic based on the rancor handler from jabbas palace or however they want to make it fit the storyline. Other than that Im pretty happy with the game right now. I think when they finish everyones expertise trees so we can get a little individuality going again and maybe make more clothing with armor class so we dont all end up wearing the same outfit the game will be even better.
    Bottom line is play it. If you dont like it then stop. What you shouldnt do is listen to a bunch of crybabys who would rather pout about not getting their way then go play something that they do enjoy. this game never BELONGED to anybody but the company that created it. It says as much in the EULA if anybody bothered to read it. SOE never promised us that the game would always stay the same or that everyone would always like everything about it.

Best post ive read in weeks and agree with everything you said, top bananna!

• AthelaAthela Member Posts: 492

Is SWG really that bad? Slowly showing signs of improvement.That you guys constantly bash it. The well deserved anger, distrust and sense of betrayal is going to take a long time to undo. Its a new game. No it is not.Yeah its different and things are changed. Lets see you try to manage 30 professions + game content and try to fix bugs and keep adding new content. I've read back over old forums and articles and frankly it looks like they did not seriously try to work out the professions, nor did they have a clue as to how to add content.  Except, when they did the Kashyyyk and Mustafar expansions, they showed great creativity but for some reason they never brought that to the general game. Its not easyAre you a designer or are you in the industry so you can elaborate on this and say why you feel it is "not easy". If anything you should give them credit for what they put into the game. I played the game its really not that bad. I enjoyed it. It was nice being back in the SWG feeling. Yeah they limited the professions but they stated they are going to change/add more to it. Its still a good game. YOU guys need to quit bashing it, If you don't like it than why do you you even talk about it. Whats the point for bashing it? Your not proving anything are you bored or don't have a life. Go do something. Don't ruin the game for the new people they are just trying to have a good time.  Even the people here who hang out in the refugee section love this game and cannot get it out of their imaginations.  It is why they are here.  Killing dreams is a dangerous thing to do in an industry that goes beyond the "Hollywood dream factory" because in the virtual worlds/lives business, people cannot just watch dreams unfold, they can step right into the dream world and live alternate lives.  Powerful stuff.
    SWG is still a good game and always will be.  Galaxies was a great game and might be again, someday.

Do you know how close your name is to Tom Chicks?  But he is a cool head and wouldn't toss out troll bait.  You do indeed want to post this in the SWG Refugee part of these forums.

Originally posted by Athela
    Do you know how close your name is to Tom Chicks?  But he is a cool head and wouldn't toss out troll bait.  You do indeed want to post this in the SWG Refugee part of these forums.

We don't want him over there either

Love, Sodapop

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118

I disagree with OP. SWG was a nice game, but damn there is alot of bugs. But in general, all MMORPG had ton of bugs, no one can point a MMORPG without them, matter of fact, it is impossible to make a game without bugs (except WOW). SWG had a nice SW feeling, JTL is a great addon. Not many other games had this kind of features as in SWG. as for here EVE is rated highest, but EVE has also alot of bugs (um..just curious but english a second language?). many people here on morg.com is hard hardcore players who think they own the rights to judge and be judgements. Many people here dont even represent the broad playergroup, they a a small hardcore fanatic group who make a life out of playing mmorg. (again, second language?  if so, sorry your doing great)
    who have the right to say what is right or what is wrong in a mmorpg ? Maybe the hardcore group is really wrong, they represent a small base, statisticly they should be wrong.  Anyone who has played and payed for the mmorpg or anything for that matter has the right to voice their opinion on the aforementioned product.  You are incorrect about the "small" base, as statistically we have proven to be the overwhelming majority.  
    SWG has alot other game dont have, if you like SW you defenetly hate  SWG online.
    SWG has alot more  bugs than all other games.
    /Didumdidaj

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• MrArchyMrArchy Member Posts: 643

Originally posted by Shayde

I can count the bugs I have encountered in WoW on one hand and still have fingers left over.

I couldn't count the bugs in post-nge SWG with all the fingers in a football stadium.

/QFMFE

nice, succinct, and dead on target, the kind of commentary we all have come to expect from Shayde

SWG Veteran and Refugee, Intrepid server
    NGE free as of Nov. 22, 2005
    Now Playing: World of Warcrack
    Forum Terrorist

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

Whats the point for bashing it?
    To get back the game that was taken from us, plain and simple.  A lot of us are not asking for a rollback, just for a server or two so we can play the game they SOLD US.  We get happy again, we shut up, and SOE gets more money, and you don't have to listen to us anymore.  Write SOE and ask them to give us a pre-CU server as it is obviously affecting your gameplay adversly if they don't.
    Your not proving anything are you bored or don't have a life. Go do something.
    Very bored.  This became my pasttime.  I am doing something.  I'm asking for my game back.  BTW, this kind of comment is the DEFINTION OF A FLAME.
    Don't ruin the game for the new people they are just trying to have a good time.
    Our posting negative comments on a third party website affects the enjoyment of the game?  I sure wish we could have a positive metaphysical impact on my lottery tickets instead.  Then I will be able to afford developers and animators to produce a superior game and forget this sad chapter in my existence.
    You are entitled to your opinion.  Please enjoy your game before SOE snatches it out from underneath you like they did us.  NGE-Lovers are next on SOE's hit list.

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

Originally posted by starman999

I play with it and right Now I am playing SWG.

And that's your vote, despite the denial.  Tens of thousands of consumers simply made a different choice than you did, and found the quality level unacceptably low to be worth their money.

This is an individual choice ... is it worth my money or not?  Is the quality level too low for me, or not?  Not everyone will set the bar at the same place when determining "unacceptably low quality".  I would never try to set the bar for you ... you enjoy it, you should pay for it.

But the results SOE has gotten with the NGE suggest that a lot of people are setting the bar higher than that and voting "not good enough".  People still deciding whether to plunk down their hard-earned money for the product should be aware of why other consumers voted No, Not Good Enough, that's all I'm saying.

A few people here don't seem to understand the concept of voting with your dollar. We do it everyday, whether we like it or not...Whether we are conscious of it or not.

Love, Sodapop

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

A few people here don't seem to understand the concept of voting with your dollar. We do it everyday, whether we like it or not...Whether we are conscious of it or not.

Think of it as Democracy you cannot avoid.  This would explain why Communism tries very hard to eradicate free market.  To have people making decisions with their money is just one more thing out of their control.  In Capitalistic society there is a different tool to control choice, it's called Monopoly.  How about a nice game of MxO or Vanguard?

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• suskesuske Member Posts: 714

too true. the majority of swg players have done so, to the point one wonders why they continue with a

loosing buisness plan. some people like nge, shure, but i don't see how such a reduced inflo of cash

can allow $oe to continue development. perhaps when the complete set christmass thing flops they

will have no choice but to allow both "nge" and "classic" gameplay.

• TacolaTacola Member CommonPosts: 263

Originally posted by KzinKiller

Originally posted by BaronJuJu

I dissent from this view ... a question of 'what don't you like about the current game belongs right here.  Well, ok, it belongs in General Discussion, but so long as this ridiculous compartmentalization of the forum goes forward, then it belongs here ...

Before, they were poorly managing a game we were very interested in playing, with depth, complexity, player interdependence and a huge variety of potential gameplay styles.

Now, they are poorly managing a game we're just not that interested in, with less depth, less complexity, less player interdependence, and far fewer potential gameplay styles.  Add in the ridiculous CU particle effects, borked combat system, lack of end-game GCW content for high-end players, and generally poor code quality and testing practices, and that's the story.

People bash them because they're just not very good at this, and they earn it.

Ok, that statement right there is just completely false.  This game isnt being managed poorly now.  In fact over the last 2 chapters they have met almost all of the expected fixes, new functionality and even some that was asked for but never said it was coming, ie combat tab.   And if you are not interested it in now, why are you in this fourm, you just called yourself a TROLL!!

SOE in general has indeed earned it.  But this is almost a completely new developement staff then pre-CU.  They have done an outstanding JOB of meeting promises, and that is taking some time to get use to.  And what was the END GAME pre-CU.  I was there, there are considerablely more areas to show off you highends skills now than ever before, that is fact not MHO!!  It is people this game needs, I have seen many old firend's names popping up on my friend's list lately, but I would like to see more still =).