Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Armour types...whats best?

panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Would like to start with  saying thanks to everyone who have replied to my SWG return questions Obraik's advice has been exceptional :)

Now i'm after armour, whats best? It used to be composite in my day, but now i see Ris? armour and more types of rebel armour? Anyone have a link to what the armour types look like and what a bounty hunter should be aiming for?

Cheers

Pan

Comments

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Armour is my trade of choice :)  What type is best for you depends on what you plan on doing the most, what profession you are and what expertise (if any) you have.

Unlike before, all armour types have a purpose and each falls into 3 categories:  Assault (7k kinetic, 5k energy), Battle (6k energy 6k kinetic) and Recon (7k energy, 5k kinetic).

All armour can be layered.  The tree main types of layering are Energy (+1k energy, -1k kinetic), Kinetic (+1k Kinetic, -1k energy) and Primus (+550ish to kinetic and energy, - the same amount to elemential resists).

I'm not going to tell you which appearance is within each category since you should make the choice based on the stats :P  If you do want to see what each type lis, their category and a bit more detail to what I posted about, check this http://soe.lithium.com/board/message?board.id=tradermun&message.id=4558