Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

off topic Question..... about Star Wars

i got a Question..... whats up with Anakin offering Padme to rule the galaxy? then in Episode 5 he offers luke to rule the galaxy... whats with him and offer people (family members) to rule the galaxy? any one want to get this one?

i just got done watching 4 .5 and 6.. and... i dont wonder stand this.. and why he does it..

Nasedoo: You said traders would get a revamp under my supervision.

Darth Lord Blixtev: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Comments

• NasedooNasedoo Member Posts: 486
    any one know why?

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961
    Tax deductions. Listing galaxy as co-owned by family member allows you many write-offs, and puts you in lower pay grade.

• bigfootsbigfoots Member Posts: 198

However, Aankin's relatives were wise to his cunning scheme.

They knew all too well that a mere two years into their Ruling Tenure, Anakin would cunningly reform the existing dictatorship into the New Galactic Empire.

And of course their Ruling experience would be changed beyond recognition.

Proud Master CH -
    Sorry,
    Proud FORMER Master CH...
    my toon was untimely converted into something more Star Warsy

tell me in english why anakin offer padme to rule the galaxy then offer it to luke?

• milton1970milton1970 Member Posts: 347

He may have been no good with paperwork, payrolls, insurance etc so thought he'd get someone from the family in to help in an admin capacity.

It all makes sense, family are cheap, they're more obligated than the average employee and it's tougher to pull a sickday when you work for your pops.

• suskesuske Member Posts: 714

Originally posted by Nasedoo
    tell me in english why anakin offer padme to rule the galaxy then offer it to luke?

he actualy wanted them to rule alongside him. even though he turned evil, he wanted his family close.

now that i stated the real reason, i will be sarcastic.

he offered it to them, but since interdependancy isn't "smedsy" or "wowish" they refused.    

Originally posted by suske

he actualy wanted them to rule alongside him. even though he turned evil, he wanted his family close.

now that i stated the real reason, i will be sarcastic.

he offered it to them, but since interdependancy isn't "smedsy" or "wowish" they refused.    

lol... maybe because family but there has to be more then that

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118

i got a Question..... whats up with Anakin offering Padme to rule the galaxy? then in Episode 5 he offers luke to rule the galaxy... whats with him and offer people (family members) to rule the galaxy? any one want to get this one?
    i just got done watching 4 .5 and 6.. and... i dont wonder stand this.. and why he does it..

I love all the replies you got to this, most were very funny.  But in all honesty the reason he did is that he is Codependent as hell.   He is powerfull beyond all get out, but insecure like a lil mommas fanboi.  So he needs someone with him so feels more secure in his omnipotence, despite the contradiction in terms there.  Again, like i said he's codependent and not just a little bit......

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Well when his mother got killed by the sand people... was the first time I remember in the films that he went off his rocker.  I think at some level the character was afraid of being alone.. even tho he slaughtered people ruthlessly... odd but /shrug

My question is this...

In episode 6 when Luke and Leia are talking.  He asks her if she remembers her mother... she replies:

"She was very beautiful but she did when I was very young"

Or something close to that

Luke says:

"I have no memory of my mother"

Well in EP3 she died giving birth...

So I guess Leia had some pretty good recall...

Or if she supposed to be talking about Jimmy Smits (in movie) wife..

But I swear she said her "real" mother... that just bothered me after I saw the film and I really dunno why... with all the other odd things.  That one just gnaws at me

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252
    ^^^See above post.^^^

This was as disturbing to me:

Your father... was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and BECAME Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was TRUE... from a certain point of view.

I'm calling "reach" on this one George.  To this very day this is why I can never trust a Jedi. 

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• DelzoDelzo Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Ok, bear with me here :

Early on in Empire Strikes Back
    Darth Vader: What is thy bidding, my master?
    Emperor:
    There is a great disturbance in the Force. We have a new enemy: the
    Rebel youth who destroyed the Death Star. The offspring of Anakin
    Skywalker.
    Darth Vader: How is that possible?
    Emperor Palpatine: Search your feelings. You know it to be true. He could destroy us.
    Darth Vader: He is just a boy. Obi-Wan can no longer help him.
    Emperor Palpatine: The Force is strong with him. The son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi.
    Darth Vader: If he could be turned, he would become a powerful ally...
    Emperor Palpatine: Yes. He would be a great asset. Can it be done?
    Darth Vader: He will join us, or die, my master.
    and then later on:

Darth Vader: Luke, you can destroy the Emperor. He has foreseen this. It is your
    destiny. Join me, and together we shall rule the galaxy as father and
    son. Come with me. It is the only way.

Could it be that the Emperor put a scare into Vader with this statement...

...which caused Vader to form a plan to try to recruit Luke to destroy the Emperor and create a new "two Sith" Master and Apprentice?

Originally posted by Delzo

...which caused Vader to form a plan to try to recruit Luke to destroy the Emperor and create a new "two Sith" Master and Apprentice?

It's always the nature of the Sith to eventually destroy their Master.  All Sith Masters have done so.  Anakin in Episode III displays this nature when he offered to Padme to rule the Galaxy with her.  Do you think Palpatine was going to stand for that?  Anakin would have had to kill him to pull off such a plan.  He was a Sith no longer than a day before instinct kicked in.  It's the true nature of the Dark Side.

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

'cause he's now into dudes?

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

Originally posted by Delzo

Darth Vader: Luke, you can destroy the Emperor. He has foreseen this. It is your destiny. Join me, and together we shall rule the galaxy as father and son. Come with me. It is the only way.

Could it be that the Emperor put a scare into Vader with this statement...

And also, if the Emperor saw Luke as that powerful he KNEW from the incident with Count Dooku that the Emperor would gladly allow Luke to kill Vader and become his apprentice, so yeah, your theory holds water as well.

Originally posted by Shayde

'cause he's now into dudes?

You're evil....truly. 

• shirlntshirlnt Member UncommonPosts: 351
    The age old lure of power...he was tempting them to the dark side by the same thing he'd been tempted by -- power -- it's one of the strongest temptations there is.

Originally posted by shirlnt
    The age old lure of power...he was tempting them to the dark side by the same thing he'd been tempted by -- power -- it's one of the strongest temptations there is.

/truestory

I once had a choice between a job as a programmer with 65k salary plus .5% of corporate profits for a company that traded futures with no possibility of ever being CIO or a job with a startup firm for 65k and 50,000 shares of stock options AND the position of CIO. 

Which did I choose?  The one with the power of course.  Did I get screwed in the long run?  OH YEAH.  The futures trading company made 35 million profit the first year in question and 49 million the second.  You do the math!  Inside of two years at the other company, there was a coup that deposed the CEO and rendered me powerless, I was diagnosed with clinical depression and put on Zoloft, and ended up resigning because the company was in utter chaos.

Power is a horrible temptation people.  RUNNNNNN. 

• kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

Originally posted by shirlnt

The Emperor used Padme and Anakin's dreams against Vader to turn him. I doubt Anakin was really interested in absolute power more then he was in saving Padme. Yes, power was involved because he would need to be powerful to save her. But ultimately it fell to saving the one he loved. The Emperor fed on this and used it to his advantage. If the dreams hadnt happened and there was no known risk to Padme I doubt the Emperor could have turned Anakin with promises of power.

When he offered to rule the Galaxy with Padme I beleive there was still some "Anakin" inside him. It was more an offer to right the wrongs done by the Emperor then it was to rule with the dark side. At that time Vader probably thought he could use the dark side as a tool.

As for offering it too Luke. Vader knew all to well by then he could never kill the Emperor. Before his transformation into the mechanical Vader he could have slayed the Emperor with ease. But with the cybernetics he couldnt do it. The Emperor probably saw the injuries as the perfect way to control Vader. Which is why Vader couldnt use lightning.

But it mainly falls to the order of the Sith. When a leader becomes weak he or she is eliminated.

Kai

Originally posted by kaibigan34 

Before his transformation into the mechanical Vader he could have slayed the Emperor with ease.

I'm not totally disagreeing with you, but the Emperor was a pretty bad dude.  He handled Yoda and TOYED with Mace Windu.  I think Anakin might have THOUGHT he could handle the Emperor before the "torso Lite-Brite" but IMO I think the Emperor had a better than even chance of winning.

I think the transformation into the mechanical Vader made Anakin reach his full potential due to the strength of his hatred, but by that point he was limited by the machinery that surrounded him, like you said.

• oreyioreyi Member Posts: 121

Maybe they had ran out of ideas for the episodes 1,2 and 3.

Let's be realistic, they aren't by far as good as the old ones (can I use the word crap when describing the new films?). Less acting, worse story, more fx (and that damned Jar jar).

Plus he still doesn't realize he's gay.

• GozzarGozzar Member UncommonPosts: 387

Blood is whicker then water

• kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

Originally posted by jrscott

Originally posted by kaibigan34 

Before his transformation into the mechanical Vader he could have slayed the Emperor with ease.

I'm not totally disagreeing with you, but the Emperor was a pretty bad dude.  He handled Yoda and TOYED with Mace Windu.  I think Anakin might have THOUGHT he could handle the Emperor before the "torso Lite-Brite" but IMO I think the Emperor had a better than even chance of winning.

I think the transformation into the mechanical Vader made Anakin reach his full potential due to the strength of his hatred, but by that point he was limited by the machinery that surrounded him, like you said.

Dont want to disagree with you but....

Yoda was overconfident when he first entered the Emperor's chamber. That was where he made his mistake. If he had went in on the side of caution then he could have defeated the Emperor.

Mace almost killed the Emperor. In fact the Emperor had to have the help of Anakin to distract Mace. If Anakin hadnt entered the room, Mace would have captured or killed the Emperor. Once Mace was distracted, the Emperor was able to twist Mace's idea of capturing to killing him so Anakin would be forced to lend a hand and his fall to the darkside would begin.

Anakin hadnt turned fully to the darkside yet even after he killed Mace or the jedi at the temple. There was still some "light" left in him even on Musty. His transformation wasnt complete until after the overhaul into the cybernetic Vader and he was told he had killed Padme. IMO. Quite possibly if Padme had taken his offer he might have been turned back to the light by her and Obi Wan. But that is a discussion for another day.

Read The Rise of Darth Vader. Its a canon novel. It explains alot about Vader that most didnt know before. Quite an intriging read. Especially about the cybernetics Vader was equipped with. How it limited his movement and forced him to change his entire saber fighting style from a flowing system to a 4 point system. And the materials used made him vulnerable to more then just lightning.

Kai