Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So i started playing MxO

Comments

• BloodWorkBloodWork Member Posts: 139

Originally posted by NoVu5
    1)  Wife so hot, people ask me how I could have possibly gotten her, and I'm dang good looking, so that should say something.  So laid?  Yesterday thank you.  Feeling great.

2)  Try 100 wpm.  Thus, longer posts, and I spend little time doing it.  I have a lot of financial freedom, with no money worries, and I can spend the time - playing.  Playing online.  Playing at the lake on the Wave raider.  Riding my Honda Shadow (Aero).  I have, in essence - the life.

3)  Truth hurts don't it?  Didn't reply to my points.  When you can't attack the points, attack the person.  Next time, try attacking my points.

Why should I stand here and attack your long ass posts about how you hate a game. Honstly I don't give a rat's ass what you say, because I know you're already ready to start writing a 10 page essay on how the game sucks, so go ahead and post away about it. It's not going to change my opnion about the game or anyone elses that likes to play it.
  • BonzarBonzar Member Posts: 176
    Ya know, some people think pugs are "hot" too man, that doesn't mean that either you or your wife are.

I'm just joking of course, it's just a little supercilious to post something like that. And your e-penis may be larger now because of your jet-ski and motorcycle, but that doesn't really mean much.

Like your own advice said, attack the points, not the person. Since there were no points in the reply . . .

I gotta say, a lot of quest updates for most games can be described in the same fashion as the ones that Novu5 posted about.

• SkyJackalSkyJackal Member Posts: 390

Hang on... let me try something here...

Right, im a guy who dislikes a game, i leave said game.

I then go play another game, i like new game.

Now what? Oh yeah, i think ill go and purposely hang around the first games forums and bash it to fcukery so that i can ruin other people's possible future enjoyment. Yeah, that'll be fun.

Oh and while im at it i'll rub my e-penis in their faces till i squirt sweet misery over anyone who might actually, unlike myself because MMOs are completely unique and indivisual experiences that no one can be told how to they'll feel about, enjoy said game. Yeah, sounds good.

ARGH, sorry, cant keep that up. Being a griefer can really take it out of ya.

• NavigatorNavigator Member Posts: 8

@Bloodwork

Do you even know who Novus is? He was a HUGE part of the community in beta days. He is part of the reason everyone believed (past-tense) that the community was so great.

Now you are representative of what the community is and the only reason you are helpful or generous to any new people on trial accounts or otherwise is for your own good.

You put months into a game who's population dwindled down to 3 servers so you HAVE to be nice.
    You have to give out $i so that anyone possible will stay because the have $i. Defending your choice of game is one thing but your "defending" speaks volumes about the "community" you spew on about.

14.99 a month for an online chatroom? no thank you.

• baclimonbaclimon Member Posts: 34
    I did the same thing

Originally posted by Zerogenum
    Its actually hilarious. I logged on and made my guy and started leveling. After 6 hours of running through different apartments I got sick and cancelled my account.

--Baclimon--

www.starfleetguild.com

• NoVu5NoVu5 Member Posts: 50

Originally posted by Navigator

@Bloodwork

Do you even know who Novus is? He was a HUGE part of the community in beta days. He is part of the reason everyone believed (past-tense) that the community was so great.

Now you are representative of what the community is and the only reason you are helpful or generous to any new people on trial accounts or otherwise is for your own good.

You put months into a game who's population dwindled down to 3 servers so you HAVE to be nice.
    You have to give out $i so that anyone possible will stay because the have $i. Defending your choice of game is one thing but your "defending" speaks volumes about the "community" you spew on about.

Brevity and clarity are the sign of an organized mind.  Thanks for trying to sum up what I've been trying to express.  Then I'd get frustrated, and take off, or be led on a tanget that I should not have followed in the first place.  :)

But, as you know me from beta, that's a weakness of mine.  :)
  • unholy414unholy414 Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by remyburke

I would suggest getting to lvl 10 so you can Hyperjump around town for a while, then cancel your sub because you just played the best part of the game...how sad.

I played the game for one week. This sums up exactly what I did when I decided the game was not worth buying, it is a shell of what it could've been.

Combat system sucks also.
  • 0bitus0bitus Member Posts: 17
    Would you prefer that your given all the abilities and trees for combat when your a lvl 1?
  • unholy414unholy414 Member Posts: 37
    You're*

lol...

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Originally posted by SkyJackal

This thread amuses me. The perfect example of another cookie cutter nub who experiences a minute fraction of a game, quits before he even has a chance to forge a real opinion then instantly disses.
    How the internet produces these people i will never know.

I’m sorry, but if a game fails to capture the interest of a
    new user, its not the users fault its the games.

He said the same exact thing i said in another thread. It’s repetitive and
    boring. And yes, missions are just about all the content the game has for a new
    user, and its boring and repetitive.

<------- See all those games over there. There is no reason
    someone that isn’t having fun should “Tough it out” or “stick by it, it gets
    better”.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• ray12kray12k Member UncommonPosts: 487

UM MMORPG'S SHOULD BE FUN FROM THE GET GO NOT TAKE 6 MONTHS OF NON-STOP GRINDING TO HAVE FUN. EVERY GOOD MMORPG I BOUGHT HAS BEEN FUN FROM LEVEL ONE.

• jackman1118jackman1118 Member Posts: 288

ray12k your a carebear mmorpger. you want everything to be handed to you to "enjoy" a game. what do you find enjoyable? how do you know your the cookie cutter person to "enjoy" a game. i personally hated WoW because guess what? i dont give a fuck about quests, and can do them all day. But i do care about the combat system that looks like it was devoloped by a student from saint mary's school for the blind. MxO has the most interesting looking combat, (debate whether or not its actually fun, i care little) compared to any other mmo's.

oh yeah did i mention that all the players left in mxo are just there to pvp, and it took me 3 weeks to get to 50 and start pvping, well within the month time period.

so keep complaining about how killing computers bores you because they are all in the same place, while i keep pvping and enjoying the game.

oh and ps, all the critical missions are out and available for anyone who wants to do them. plus you get nice little bonuses, and a new PL'ing is out for anyone in the 40-50 range to get you to 50 really fast if your a pvp'er. (and yes i mean the 01 taskmaster exp)

• ray12kray12k Member UncommonPosts: 487

Originally posted by jackman1118

ray12k your a carebear mmorpger. you want everything to be handed to you to "enjoy" a game. what do you find enjoyable? how do you know your the cookie cutter person to "enjoy" a game. i personally hated WoW because guess what? i dont give a fuck about quests, and can do them all day. But i do care about the combat system that looks like it was devoloped by a student from saint mary's school for the blind. MxO has the most interesting looking combat, (debate whether or not its actually fun, i care little) compared to any other mmo's.
    oh yeah did i mention that all the players left in mxo are just there to pvp, and it took me 3 weeks to get to 50 and start pvping, well within the month time period.
    so keep complaining about how killing computers bores you because they are all in the same place, while i keep pvping and enjoying the game.
    oh and ps, all the critical missions are out and available for anyone who wants to do them. plus you get nice little bonuses, and a new PL'ing is out for anyone in the 40-50 range to get you to 50 really fast if your a pvp'er. (and yes i mean the 01 taskmaster exp)

LOL play a real pvp game like asherons call dt. mxo is a carebear game full of noobs like you who think this 0.o version of pvp is hardcore.

Hell most cookie cutter korean games are more hardcore then mxo.

You are a noob dumb ass mmopgrer, who will buy every crap game on the market and defend the game no matter how shitty it is. The fact is this game must suck if its population is lower then most 5 year old games.

Fact is in a real pvp game you wouldn't last 1 week before you 0.o out.

Originally posted by ray12k

Originally posted by jackman1118

LOL play a real pvp game like asherons call dt. mxo is a carebear game full of noobs like you who think this 0.o version of pvp is hardcore.

Hell most cookie cutter korean games are more hardcore then mxo.

You are a noob dumb ass mmopgrer, who will buy every crap game on the market and defend the game no matter how shitty it is. The fact is this game must suck if its population is lower then most 5 year old games.

Fact is in a real pvp game you wouldn't last 1 week before you 0.o out.

real pvp game? Oh yeah, those games where you click on some and free fire them over and over. Damn dude I wish I was that talented to click on my mouse button and aim at someone's body. WHY!?!?? WHY DO THEY MAKE IT SO HARD TO CLICK ON SOMEONE! DAMN THOSE GOOD PVP GAMES! I guess I am a carebear

@Bloodwork

Yeah I know who he is, and I don't give a shit if he was the most favored person in MxO, I'm not going to give a rat's ass who i'm talking to if all they do is a bitch about something.

ah I love the whole chatroom thing, cracks me up every single time, I don't think you've ever heard of the sims online have you? You think MxO is a online chatroom? Man you haven't seen nothing yet.
  • jacobRjacobR Member Posts: 141
    you know i really liked this game at first i thought just watching the combat and playing it out was incredible! always was excited to fight something. but then something killed the game for me like the lvl 60's camping the booths. what really made me angry though was the fact they inserted levels 1-60 into a game like this it just didnt make sense there would be nothing to do at 60 would be like WOW you hit 60 and nuthin.
  • SkyJackalSkyJackal Member Posts: 390

A) You've got the level range wrong which spreads doubt in my mind as to if your legit or not straight away

B) 'camping' is something that can only happen on the hostile consta-pvp server, Vector. Even then the whole point is to be strategic and avoid hotspots when jacking in.

C) The last 3 major updates have added quite a bit of max level content. Theres definately 'end game' now.

• EldaElda Member Posts: 343
    man this thread is getting funny. I love reading comments of n00bs who come to a forum to complain about a game they don't like (still don't know why they do it, I more like to talk about games I DO like ^^)

best thing even is that ppl first say that they played the game for 6 hours, or for 1 day or so, and then start complaining that the missions are repetitive (I know they can be).

just hilarious IMO

• jacobRjacobR Member Posts: 141
    yip human error i havent played it in a long time to remember the level cap was 50
  • kalasaskalasas Member Posts: 45
    is the level cap not 50 any longer?

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

Originally posted by BloodWork

Originally posted by remyburke
    Why can't we jack out and goto Zion?
    Why can't we jack out and pilot our hovercrafts as a team and fight the machines?
    Why can't people play as a HC Operator, pilot or gunner?

You understand that this is the MATRIX Online, Not The real world online.

Melee Weapons, they've already said it takes about 3 monthes to make new animations for new trees and they got other things to worry about/do than make a melee tree, which isn't even that important.

My god.

Imagine if the previous animations each took three months to program. No wonder the development went bust three times.

Originally posted by BloodWork
    @Bloodwork

Yeah I know who he is, and I don't give a shit if he was the most favored person in MxO, I'm not going to give a rat's ass who i'm talking to if all they do is a bitch about something.
    ah I love the whole chatroom thing, cracks me up every single time, I don't think you've ever heard of the sims online have you? You think MxO is a online chatroom? Man you haven't seen nothing yet.

The difference being, the Sims online markets itself as such.  It is supposed to be what it is, and how people play the game.  You just defended MxO, by comparing itself to what is *supposed* to be an online social game, and then saying:  "See, the Sims is worse!"

• SeanDavisSeanDavis Member Posts: 412

Originally posted by 0bitus

. . .

Only 4 or 5 missions / quests?

You seam to be forgetting about the monthly criticals, a new mission is released every thursday i believe which expands the storyline. Not only that but incase you are a newbie who has just started the game there are the archived criticals where you can catch up on the storyline see it from all three organisations. Not to mention the other contacts ie the chessman etc. (51 in total) all of whom tell their own unique story.

Im guessing your the type of player who missioned their way to lvl 50 and then stood around waiting for something to happen.

OMG - you are saying that one new mission every WEEK is worth logging into a game for on the monthly criticals, when the games competition has hundreds and hundreds of different story arcs and persistent missions / quests?  New ones are on the horizon that even ups that bar with hundreds of different quests that are stories.  Thanks for proving my point about not being experenced with other MMO's. 

51 contacts?  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  You are defending that game with it's 51 contacts?  My god, I can think of games where you're still in the newbie areas with 51 contacts.

And lets review those mission criticals shall we?  Cookie cutter of:

"We have some new intel on that lastest ___________ (insert flavor of the month) operative.  But we need further information.  Please go see ___________ and see what you can find out"

You go to X location.

"Yeah, so and so was here.  I heard them talking about _______ but all they gave me was ____________"

"You better grab that from them X, maybe it will give us clues to the next location"

So you grab item.

"Well operative, it looks like the address of ______  (insert new flavor of the month character), an old program that did _________.  We have a previous address, we're not sure if he's still there.  If he is, be careful, because ______________ (Insert some tidbit that will titilate the players, but never ends up meaning anything).

You proceed to location.   2 programs / Opponents drop out of the sky, and you fight them, defeat them, and proceed to your location, arriving there.

You bust through the door, and there are a bunch of oppenents to fight.

"That's it operative?  It looks like _________ fled the area"

Rinse.  Repeat a few times.  Then you get:

"Well, it looks like we've at least tipped our hand.  We'll continue to investigate this matter of _______ (insert item that they try to make you think you discovered, when in actuality you had not) and let you know more soon.  You have done great work on behalf of Zion / the Machines / The Merovingian - and they are grateful.

That's your new content?  That you login once a week for.  Okkkaayyyy. 

ROFLOL

I'd say you just perfectly described a standard mission... is it the game's fault that you don't pay attention to the object you're critisizing? The criticals' structure often looks like that (especially in the past), and it often doesn't. More important, even if ths scenario is as unimaginative, it still tells a part of the whole -- the storyline constantly moves forward, so the actions you do in missions are always tied into the changing plot.
    Apart from that, the writing is often quite creative and imaginative, certainly also a reason why some people like them.

It's arguable how good the storyline is, how good the criticals as a whole tell it or how good the writing is. But that's the next step. Before going into that, you gotta realize that there is a big picture at all, you'll have to pay more attention to the texts and mission structure and so on. Describing a standard mission and portraying it as "new content" was poor of you.

True, I don't know shit about other games, and I actually don't care about them -- not because I think they suck, I'm merely more interested in the Matrix canon than MMOs. Just a question out of curiosity -- do other games also have a continuing storyline like MxO, and some sort of rich, twisted world content? Especially the first one would interest me. Thanks in advance.

After all the comments, I'm not sure if I can really bash the OP. On the one hand, he picked the least interesting aspect of the game and didn't even consider to realize there was more... on the other hand, a good game's gotta convince the new player immediately, eh?
    All I can say is how I would approach (and partially approached) this game when I joined. I would watch the cinematics; animation-wise, they probably could be better, but the tension, direction, voice acting and general atmosphere would convince me immediately.
    I would first try to run around the city and enjoy the graphics and atmosphere. Say what you want about monotony and unimaginativeness, I find it stunningly beautiful.
    After that, I'd quickly run across the archive missions aswell as out-of-game media enhancing and connecting the cinematics, aswell as static content dealing with the world's underground which generally enriches the universe and constantly shows up in the main plot.
    I'd increase my XP level from all these activities and discover that it gives me access to more amazing animations and more free access to other areas of the city.
    And you know, there I've already caught interest and drifted in.

I'd blindly hit the N button all the time only starring at my XP bar, and know/think this was the only thing the game had to offer, I'd leave even earlier than the OP claimed to have.

Since I don't know other games, I'll just play safe and refrain from suggesting all of this stuff isn't available in other games in bigger quantity or quality (though I'm pretty sure in some aspects, it's the case). I'm also not forcing anyone to actually be interested in the listed points. But making the gameplay as boring as humanly possible and then blaming it on the game seems... overheated.
  • SeanDavisSeanDavis Member Posts: 412
    Oh, and the following is totally useless and immature, but I simply can't resist. I actually remember how you critisized cinematic 4.3 some time ago, noVus. I think you "ROFLMAO"d about things like Anome's voice or the incident with the key, and called it "the most stupid piece of content so far".
    Based on points that were rather laughable back then and are even more laughable after the twist in 5.1.

You know, you're being smart and demonstrating your education by posting long, probably correct but totally misplaced essays about rationalization and Romans which gives you a very mature impression. But when it comes down to critisizing this game, this impression gets quickly shattered.
    I mean, you do have some valid points, and some of those I can't even opposed anything to. But in other cases... well, I'd only repeat myself.

I had to get rid of that...

It was usually in reference to personal attacks.  Since ones couldn't refute what SOE was doing to the game, then the debate, stopped being a debate, and would make some personal comment about me, and things would quickly descend from there. They'd promote their education, thus consciously or subconsciously inviting me to respond with mine.  For a while I played that game.  For a while.

As to my education . . . .do you have any idea, any idea at all, how much I would give, how much money I would pay, to stop knowing what I know?  If I could just "shut it off" like a switch?  If I could just talk like everyone else?  How much I would gladly pay to have my I.Q. lowered by about 40 points?  Do you have any idea what it's like seeing things like I do as quickly as I see them?  I can have a ton of friends, am a complete social butterfuly, I'm out every day, and it still is extremely isolating when you are always known as "the smart one".  So do not assume that I am trying to "strut" my education.  If asked, I will reluctantly share it.  But more times than not, it's bit me in the rear.

So I just said screw it, took my $15.00, and went home.  You're right, it wasn't worth it, and whatever I said didn't really matter.  The only thing that did was my $15.00.