Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How the Nightfall trial going

PraorPraor Member Posts: 519
I know some of you have been tinkering with Nightfall,so how about giving us a lil info on what's it like?

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

Comments

• NFWolfDudeNFWolfDude Member Posts: 304

I ran up a dervish character, which is a pretty good class to play. All seems pretty well balanced. The world is definately nice to look at with a lot of the usual twists and turn to get from point A to point B. The hero system is really cool, it's compairable to haveing a super pet you can dress up and configure. I got Koss and gave him golden axe that I got as a drop, talk about empowering your party, reconfigured his bar with axe attacks instead of the sword attacks he started with and reassigned his sword skill points to axe. You can command your henchies and heros, together and seperately to move to a spot on the screen you click. Which is cool, you can send in your hero's to tank if you aren't a warrior and your henchies to hold off that other group that you can see coming around a corner so you aren't drowned with sheer numbers of NPCs. I didn't try any PVP, just went exploring to see what was what. There's no huge suprises, but it seems to have a tone of PVE missions all over the place. They have given you sunspear levels to shoot for now too. You not only get rewards, experience, but sunspear promotion points.

There are some random thoughts and ramblings of a guy who is awake after four hours sleep and not even a full cup of coffee.

Summary: my pre-order is going in today. ::::20::

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by NFWolfDude
    (...)The hero system is really cool, it's compairable to haveing a super pet you can dress up and configure. I got Koss and gave him golden axe that I got as a drop, talk about empowering your party, reconfigured his bar with axe attacks instead of the sword attacks he started with and reassigned his sword skill points to axe. You can command your henchies and heros, together and seperately to move to a spot on the screen you click. Which is cool, you can send in your hero's to tank if you aren't a warrior and your henchies to hold off that other group that you can see coming around a corner so you aren't drowned with sheer numbers of NPCs. I didn't try any PVP, just went exploring to see what was what. (...)
    You can also make your heros dual classed & they use the skills you have unlocked on the account. In my case I placed 2 monk signet knockdown-attacks in koss skill-bar.
    But there seem to be a few bugs with hero-ai, the hero monk keept casting a maintained enchantement several times until he had 0 energy regen which is not so good.

But the preview made me look into pre-ordering Nightfall. (This chapter is made by the team that made chapter 1, they will be doing chapter 5 next, the other team will be doing chapter (2),4,6,8).

• PraorPraor Member Posts: 519
    Sounds great, I'm looking forward to getting this one although I still have to get factions.

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

• BronxChuloBronxChulo Member Posts: 166

Originally posted by Praor
    Sounds great, I'm looking forward to getting this one although I still have to get factions.

Factions is only worth getting for the spells.  Factions was a big upset IMO.
  • emdtemdt Member Posts: 325

not really, the only upset i found aout it was the level grind was too fast. i was lvl 14 in a lvl 20 area (then again, that was my 2nd pve chara without doing a lot of main quest.)

---------------------------------------------
    *characters*
    Guild Wars
    -Danish Kokor-lvl 20 monk/mesmer
    -Ettarde Aoi- lvl 7 warrior/ranher
    Maple Story
    -Danish-lvl30 Hunter
    -kokore-lvl8 Mage
    Runescape
    -Lady Ettarde-lvl 58

• hadzhadz Member Posts: 712

My verdict:

NIGHTFALL ROCKS!!

The feel of Prophecies, but a better storyline, similar size map/world (by extrapolation, even just the starting island is BIG), lots of cool quests, nice advancement path (sunspears), great and varied scenery (variation Factions lacked), and 2 brilliant new classes!

This is one to buy people!

EDIT: haha...and I can't believe I forgot to mention my FAVORITE new thing...the HEROES!!

• neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276

Originally posted by hadz

My verdict:
    NIGHTFALL ROCKS!!
    I completely agree.  I didn't have much time to play the preview this weekend, but from what I did get to play I love the new setting and despite some peoples saying that they don't like the Dervish and Paragon, I enjoyed playing them.

I have had GWNF on preorder for a while now and can't wait until it comes out next month.

As far as people not liking Factions I am one of those that like it better than Prophecies. 

--------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Factions too...probably burned myself out playing 6 characters through it :) The only negative thing I have to say about Factions was that it was a bit small and limiting.

Nightfall is just another brilliant step forward for the GW franchise!

• VGJusticeVGJustice Member Posts: 640

Man, and I've been buisy this whole time and couldn't play :<

Well, I'm off tomorrow, so I'M PLAYING TIL THEY KICK ME OFF

--~~--
    Play Guild Wars? Go here - http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102
    I had a go on a dervish and for the majority it seemed fun. I gave up for now caus I really wanna just build up my monk to 100% on every quest (proph,fac,night).

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• VGJusticeVGJustice Member Posts: 640

Well, my body isn't letting me stay up any later. Oh well.

Heroes are nice, I can't wait to have that added in everywhere (could be fun to have them in Prophecies/Factions if that's gonna be an option). I like the new henchman move options, those are a very nice feature. I also kinda like the new interface changes. Seems like a lot of new stuff that I really like.

Now we just gotta hope the story is going to be good.

--~~--
    Play Guild Wars? Go here - http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

Don't worry about the story VG, from what I've seen it's better than Prophecies and Factions combined :)

It's fun to play through...and you get to advance in Sunspear Ranks too...Sunspear Marshall was the furthest I saw. Before that are Commander, Captain, Leuitenant (sp?), etc.

• The hero system is awesome and I really like the Dervish class alot.  I have some screen shots I took I guess I can do a write up of the Heroes system.

• Originally posted by hadz

Don't worry about the story VG, from what I've seen it's better than Prophecies and Factions combined :)
    It's fun to play through...and you get to advance in Sunspear Ranks too...Sunspear Marshall was the furthest I saw. Before that are Commander, Captain, Leuitenant (sp?), etc.

Yeah I liked what I saw of the story and I really liked how they always refer to you as being a commander of the Sunspears and incorporating the Heroes feature as part of the story.
  • AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    sounds nice man but after factions came out gw made me think bad of any expantion coming out ;P

• Originally posted by Aseenus
    sounds nice man but after factions came out gw made me think bad of any expantion coming out ;P

Why is that?