Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

runescape:falling or rising?

runescaper4runescaper4 Member Posts: 5
I am a former rs playerr/member and i have noticed updates with their graphics with the monsters such as the lessers, giants,skeletons ect. i actually think runescape is finally going to becoem a great game and in probably a year will be one of the most populated mmorpgs.is this  the beggining of a rise or fall of runescape?

Comments

• godofwar69godofwar69 Member Posts: 151

RuneScape Will Be Falling Cause.............The Staff...I Said A$$ And I Got Banned For 5days

Then There Acusing Me Of Tryin To Hacks PPls Account RuneScape Is Fun But The Other Free MMorpg Are Better Cause The Staffs Are Alot Better

Nuff Said

• Shrimp10Shrimp10 Member Posts: 275

Originally posted by godofwar69

RuneScape Will Be Falling Cause.............The Staff...I Said A$$ And I Got Banned For 5days
    Then There Acusing Me Of Tryin To Hacks PPls Account RuneScape Is Fun But The Other Free MMorpg Are Better Cause The Staffs Are Alot Better

Nuff Said

So according to you, RS is going to fall because they gave you a 5 day ban and then accused you of hacking?   Does the world revolve around you?   No, it revolves around NOBODY.   I've played nearly every other free MMO, and your not going to find a much better maker than Jagex (they actually talk to their players, and have a bit of humor).   RS is rising, one day it will be one of the most populated MMO's, yes.   I played WoW for 2 months and hardly ever got the same display of humor from Blizzard as I did from Jagex.

Best MMOs - RuneScape and WoW
    Crappiest MMOs - Hero Online, SWG, DDO
    MMO's played - RS, WoW, GW, EVE, AO, PlanetSide, Jumpgate, Face of Mankind, MapleStory, SO, Liniege 1 & 2, City of Villains, Flyff, Realm Online, SWG, Seed, Sims Online, City of Heroes.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    ----

• bobgooglebobgoogle Member Posts: 28
    Yeah I personally from my own experience enjoy the Jagex team.  When ever I report a bug or send them some sort of message I usually get a prompt response.  Also they have about half of there team devoted to the customer support.  I give rs support staff about a 87%.
  • JamOwnzUJamOwnzU Member Posts: 3

i'm a long lasting RS member my original account was created during the RS Classic times but that account was hacked at lvl 90 and silly me forgot to set any recoveries  anyway my current acc now is lvl 100 and i personally have loved playing runescape for these 3 years (coming up to 4) i definitely think runescape is on the rise... more paying members than ever now (means more money for jagex to improve the game) like 3/4 updates a week improving graphics, quests, inviting players to send in their art work of things to do with rs for shows just naming a few

I agree with the negative point made about the jagex staff my account was permanantly banned for something i didnt do, an "ex" friend obtained my password by a key logger and committed an offense which was serious enough for my account to get permanently banned. Luckily i was able to re-own my account by making an appeal and explaining the misfortune, however jagex only gave me my account back after reviewing the history of it they never believed a word so 3 black dots were put on my permanent record (which means my account gets reviewed and any more True reports against me would result in a fully non-negotiable permanent ban, no questions asked)... The game gets a 9/10       staff 2/10 simply for creating the game

A List of my Current Stats: attack: 80 strength: 85 defence: 77 health: 82 Range: 71 Magic: 70 Prayer: 56 Fishing: 82 Cooking: 87 Woodcutting: 92 Fletching: 74 Firemaking: 63 Crafting: 64 Mining: 75 Smithing: 63 Herblore: 45 Agility: 57 Thieving: 57 Slayer: 41 Farming: 48 Runecraft: 33 Construction: 38... Combat: 100, Total: 1440, Total exp: 28,868,988 (almost 29 million experience)

Originally posted by JamOwnzU

i'm a long lasting RS member my original account was created during the RS Classic times but that account was hacked at lvl 90 and silly me forgot to set any recoveries  anyway my current acc now is lvl 100 and i personally have loved playing runescape for these 3 years (coming up to 4) i definitely think runescape is on the rise... more paying members than ever now (means more money for jagex to improve the game) like 3/4 updates a week improving graphics, quests, inviting players to send in their art work of things to do with rs for shows just naming a few

I agree with the negative point made about the jagex staff my account was permanantly banned for something i didnt do, an "ex" friend obtained my password by a key logger and committed an offense which was serious enough for my account to get permanently banned. Luckily i was able to re-own my account by making an appeal and explaining the misfortune, however jagex only gave me my account back after reviewing the history of it they never believed a word so 3 black dots were put on my permanent record (which means my account gets reviewed and any more True reports against me would result in a fully non-negotiable permanent ban, no questions asked)... The game gets a 9/10       staff 2/10 simply for creating the game

Could you possibly rephrase that last paragraph please?   I didn't quite follow it properly lol.

MMO's played - RS, WoW, GW, EVE, AO, PlanetSide, Jumpgate, Face of Mankind, MapleStory, SO, Liniege 1 & 2, City of Villains, Flyff, Realm Online, SWG, Seed, Sims Online, City of Heroes.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    ----

• JamOwnzUJamOwnzU Member Posts: 3
    put plainly my account was banned through no fault of my own and i luckily got it back, now i have to worry about everything i do cos a report could have me permo banned no questions asked (so i dnt like jagex staff)
  • DevDawgDevDawg Member Posts: 11
    I think slowly rising, school has started in most places, so ppl r playing less
  • godofwar69godofwar69 Member Posts: 151

Also Runescape Has A Bad Commmunity i Ask For 500gp and people are like no way!

And The Staff At Mgame Are Alot Nicer Then Jaqex They actully Give U Warnings Inless u Act like a Staff member Or Hackin Accounts PvP just Sucks

GuildWars

Hero

LoA

Kill Runescape

I Hope Runescape Falls They need to get some new staff members that treat there players nicer

Originally posted by godofwar69

Also Runescape Has A Bad Commmunity i Ask For 500gp and people are like no way!
    And The Staff At Mgame Are Alot Nicer Then Jaqex They actully Give U Warnings Inless u Act like a Staff member Or Hackin Accounts PvP just Sucks

GuildWars
    Hero
    LoA
    Kill Runescape
    I Hope Runescape Falls They need to get some new staff members that treat there players nicer

Well your hopes are never going to come true.

----

• HomiesliceHomieslice Member Posts: 156
    It's Rising

NUFF SAID

Ya heard

Well, I must say, this forum really has volumed down a lot...

I guess all the flame wars I went through did something after all

----

Finaly, an achievment...

----

• Nuke-MarineNuke-Marine Member Posts: 7
    It's rising by the facts alone. The creators of Runescape are now one of the richest men in Great Britain (top 20 for sure). Runescape has over 800 THOUSAND paying members in addition to enourmous ad revenue that supports the demo version popularly called free to play.

In about a year, Runescape may become the number one MMORPG based solely on the number of active members (those that actually pay by the month) due to releasing a multi-lingual version in Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Spanish, French and German.

Notice I'm not commenting on the game itself. With numbers like these, there must be some merit to the claim Runescape is an addictive and enjoyable game. I like it as the staff of 250 people dedicate half to customer support and a large number just to constantly update the game in terms of items, skills, quests, gameplay and graphics.

• grenades69grenades69 Member Posts: 88

Originally posted by Nuke-Marine
    It's rising by the facts alone. The creators of Runescape are now one of the richest men in Great Britain (top 20 for sure). Runescape has over 800 THOUSAND paying members in addition to enourmous ad revenue that supports the demo version popularly called free to play.

In about a year, Runescape may become the number one MMORPG based solely on the number of active members (those that actually pay by the month) due to releasing a multi-lingual version in Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Spanish, French and German.

Notice I'm not commenting on the game itself. With numbers like these, there must be some merit to the claim Runescape is an addictive and enjoyable game. I like it as the staff of 250 people dedicate half to customer support and a large number just to constantly update the game in terms of items, skills, quests, gameplay and graphics.

It will never be the number one game in terms of players/subscribers. 800 thousand isn't actually that much even when you consider it isn't released yet in "Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Spanish, French and German", and even if it does become even in the top 5 for the amount of players it has, the amount of players isn't a measurement of how good a game is, and to be honest the game only just reached 1million accounts overall, so I heavily doubt that there would be 800 thousand players who are subscribed (where did you get those figures?). Considering the game is free would most likely suggest that a lot if not most of those accounts are now inactive, alts, or just were made for the sake of it then never played on.

Numbers of accounts means nothing in terms of judging how successful a game is.

Now I do agree that runescape is certainly getting better, but so are all the other MMORPGs, and some even much more advanced ones are coming out in 2007 which also will be improved over time after they are released. Runescape itself is the only game I can think of which is limited, the graphics are limited, the sound is limited and the gameplay is limited, because it is in a java platform. And I don't believe Jagex are ever considering changing that because almost all of runescapes success was brought by the fact that it was free and didn't need to be installed, and if jagex abandoned the java platform then practically the only reason why most play runescape is gone.

The constant updates of runescape are good proof of runescape being aimed at children, because it just shows the constant struggle that Jagex have to keep up with their customers wants. Basically most if not all of runescape are little children and it's common knowledge to everyone that children always want more, not necessarily better things, but more. And the updates demonstrate this, almost everything they're adding is new items, new places to go, new things to do, new graphics. But the real question is, are most of the things they're adding actually being used? Most mini-games, most new NPC's and one hell of a lot of new items have been ignored after the first week of their arrival, because although it was new, the children weren't interested in the new things, they just knew they wanted more of it. This is why runescape in my opinion is improving, but not nearly as fast paced as all the other MMOs, even though it technically has more regular updates.
  • deaddknightdeaddknight Member Posts: 6

?

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
    ~Kevin~
    ~Silkroad oasis server~
    ~White_Diablo~

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Originally posted by Shrimp10

So according to you, RS is going to fall because they gave you a 5 day ban and then accused you of hacking?   Does the world revolve around you?   No, it revolves around NOBODY.   I've played nearly every other free MMO, and your not going to find a much better maker than Jagex (they actually talk to their players, and have a bit of humor).   RS is rising, one day it will be one of the most populated MMO's, yes.   I played WoW for 2 months and hardly ever got the same display of humor from Blizzard as I did from Jagex.

So according to you WoW will fail because the bots(thats right I said bots) don't make fart jokes with you?

And no, RS is staying where it is. Being populated by 9 year olds and peoples numerous accounts.

• swordfreak13swordfreak13 Member Posts: 62

I think rs is goin to fall cause the more ppl there the more scammers and hackers there will b and i hate that......

Originally posted by swordfreak13

I think rs is goin to fall cause the more ppl there the more scammers and hackers there will b and i hate that......

Hmm...good for you.   But it doesn't mean it's going to fall.

----

Stupid, stupid stupid.
    I never said anything about WoW falling.   Why don't you fall back on evidence that actually exists for a change.  

Or hey, i dunno, why don't you give me evidence of these armies of players that exist? Or mabey evidence that RS is a good game?

Originally posted by BobCrazyton

Stupid, stupid stupid.
    I never said anything about WoW falling.   Why don't you fall back on evidence that actually exists for a change.  

Or hey, i dunno, why don't you give me evidence of these armies of players that exist? Or mabey evidence that RS is a good game?

I don't need to give evidence.   If you can't figure out that everybody has different opinions, then you should hire a private tutor, lock you and them away in your room and quietly learn the rules of civilization for a few years.  

Wait...where the f*ck does it say anything about opinions?

Stupid, stupid stupid.

I don't need to give evidence.   If you can't figure out that everybody has different opinions, then you should hire a private tutor, lock you and them away in your room and quietly learn the rules of civilization for a few years.  

Wait...where the f*ck does it say anything about opinions?

Why are you so scared to use the stronger words without putting an asterisk in place of at least 1 letter?   And I know you never said anything about opinions, and that is because you hardly understand them.  

----

Why are you so scared to use the stronger words without putting an asterisk in place of at least 1 letter?   And I know you never said anything about opinions, and that is because you hardly understand them.  

Shows how mature you are...

and ya I understand opinions. It's called an argument. I'm not calling you a fuckin(ZOMGZ I FURGOT DA ASTERIKZ!!!!1!11!!1!1!) moron for saying RS is a good game.

Shows how mature you are...

and ya I understand opinions. It's called an argument. I'm not calling you a fuckin(ZOMGZ I FURGOT DA ASTERIKZ!!!!1!11!!1!1!) moron for say RS is a good game.

Yeah, it does show how mature I am, doesn't it...

And no you don't understand opinions, because you keep saying on this forum that RS is crap even though I've already said it only sucks in your opinion.   Does anybody really care if you think it is crap?   Because nobody seems like it to me.  

----

Yeah, it does show how mature I am, doesn't it...
    And no you don't understand opinions, because you keep saying on this forum that RS is crap even though I've already said it only sucks in your opinion.   Does anybody really care if you think it is crap?   Because nobody seems like it to me.  

And you continue to reply to my posts. If you were smart you'd just stfu and go play runescape then the haters would go away. And once again I said I know it's my opinion, that's why I'm saying it.

-No, they wouldn't go away.   RS is the sort of game that will always get someone throwing their comments at it, no matter how long it takes for somebody for listen.   

-And if YOU were smart, you would pack arguing with me and leave this forum now, and save yourself some valuable time to play WoW or other games that you may like.   

-If you don't like RS, why the fuck are you wasting your time arguing with me in the RS forum....you really are stupid...

-Ya, they would go away. Just not replying to thier posts would make them go away. They have to accually come here first for them to leave.

-Once again, you can do the same thing.

-How do you know it's a waste of my time? Why are you wasting your time on here arguing about it when you said you don't care what we think.