Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The final ultimate MMO battle will be between WoW and WAR

once burning crusade is released and what ever changes blizz makes to WoW by the time War is released i dont know. WAR  will be a epic game, maybe WoW epic, but we cant have two WoWs, the planet isnt big enough for WAR and WoW.

All your vanguards and new korean P.O.S will be dead, only thing left is the huge epic clash between two titan titles.

Comments

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Is WaR even gonna sell in asia? liek 70% of WoW players base are asian

• SpeedhaakSpeedhaak Member UncommonPosts: 296

To be honest, I think games of this ilk won't be around for much longer than a few more years (I mean Games akin to WoW and WAR). For me atleast I find the ease of leveling and pure focus on End game rather boring, i'd much rather it take me 2 years to reach level cap and feel a sense of accomplishment than level to cap in 3 weeks and spend all my time therein raiding poorly designed dungeons and running around my capital city seeing every other person with the same armour.

What I'm saying is, the casual MMO's may remain, but they won't hold the fort in terms lasting appealing as much as they do now, the only reason in my mind games like WoW are so popular is the cheap Broadband available these days and the new intergration of players into the PC, the original MMO players will want something new in the next year, doubt many will still be happy with WoW.

If anything I think the new venture between NCsofts Maerican and Korean departments for Aion will finally strike a balance between Asian design (Which is graphically superior to western imo) and wstern Gameplay, hopefully anyway.

• Coolguy20Coolguy20 Member Posts: 250
    WoWs been around currently for almost 2 years, now expansion pack and new record ONLINE subscribers has hit 7 million, even if you dont believe that still holding just 1 million accounts for over 2 years with no x-pac is very very epic

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Originally posted by Precusor

And about 10% of it income. 

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Originally posted by Anofalye

And about 10% of it income. 

lol.. thats a bit low.. my gues it would around 20 to 30%
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by Coolguy20
    once burning crusade is released and what ever changes blizz makes to WoW by the time War is released i dont know. WAR  will be a epic game, maybe WoW epic, but we cant have two WoWs, the planet isnt big enough for WAR and WoW.

All your vanguards and new korean P.O.S will be dead, only thing left is the huge epic clash between two titan titles.

Most asian MMORPG's will have a bigger subscriber base then WAR. Lineage and Lineage 2 always had more subscriber then any other mmorpg except for WoW.
  • TheWarcTheWarc Member Posts: 1,199

Remember how everyone got excited about DnL?
    All you build up atm is false hope. Damn hypes these days.
  • IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

I'll just stick with Vanguard and other titles that interest me. And they'll all still be around.

• ApocalypticaApocalyptica Member Posts: 491
    mmh, why a battle. It really is simple. People who love WoW will carry on playing that and people who love "insert mmorpg name here" will play that. I really do not feel that there will be a battle, as each mmorpg is so individual that you cannot compare them :)

------------------------------------------------------
    Do I ever sleep?

• XpheyelXpheyel Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 704

And last year, Roma Victor was going to be the WoW killer.

The WAR devs could step on their cranks and make a lousy game. If Turbine can screw up D&D and Sony can screw up Star Wars, anyone can screw up anything.

• RuthgarRuthgar Member Posts: 730
    Final ultimate MMO battle?
    Sounds like Celebrity Death Match.

From what I've read, WAR looks good, but I wouldn't say that it is going to be able to go toe to toe with WoW.
    Everyone wants a WoW killer, and every few months it seems someone proclaims a new WoW killer and after release the game doesn't do so well. Does every MMO have to have mass appeal to be a success?

Give MMOs a few years and when we see real third generation MMOs, we'll see a real battle.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

To me the biggest problem with WAR is that Mythic is making it.  No need to even discuss EA coming into the picture (for me at least).  Yes I still play DAoC now and then but they alienated every friend I made in that game over the years since launch.

Heck most people I know that play DAoC only even play because there is (in their opinion) no other pvp game to go to.

WAR obviously isn't DAoC but... DAoC is the only thing on the market to look at and get an idea of how Mythic works.  Word of mouth is everything.

I can't really stand WoW but obviously it has a huge player base.

And...

if anyone made a good quality skill based game... I would play it before WoW OR WAR any day. (that's just me).

• LaneoLaneo Member Posts: 359

Laughing at Coolguy (WoWFanboi)...

..anyway...

WAR will sell better in Farmer towns than anywhere. Remember...Farmers are looking forward to WoW2 more than anything ROFL

And there will be no battle...WAR (Wow2) competing with part 1? HAHA

There is only ONE good thing about WAR....
    1. It will keep the Kids away from REAL MMOs so people can actually enjoy themselves instead of listening to "Barrens Chat Part Deux"

Nuff said

Peace

Nobody is perfect...My name is Nobody

• callmetobycallmetoby Member Posts: 302

Originally posted by Laneo

WAR will sell better in Farmer towns than anywhere. Remember...Farmers are looking forward to WoW2 more than anything ROFL

And there will be no battle...WAR (Wow2) competing with part 1? HAHA

There is only ONE good thing about WAR....
    1. It will keep the Kids away from REAL MMOs so people can actually enjoy themselves instead of listening to "Barrens Chat Part Deux"

Nuff said

Peace

Yay for self-proclaimed know-it-alls who don't do their research.  There's nothing at all similar about WoW and WAR aside from the saturday morning cartoon look...a look based on GW's figures dating back to 1983 (11 years before the release of the original Warcraft RTS).  So who ripped off whom?  If WAR is comparable to anything at this point it would be DAOC, but I wouldn't even go that far given the character development and leveling system is taking a completely different route.  Maybe try reading up a bit on a subject next time before you speak.  It keeps you from looking like a tard.

"Nuff said"

• SassymolassySassymolassy Member Posts: 363
    I am soo glad WoW is taking such a huge market share.  It means that we dont have to rely on hype to know wether or not to lay down our hard earned bones for a game, Yay for free trials!  It also means that game dev newcomers will have to work hard to get us to like their new stuff or die terrible deaths. 

Dont go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. (Mark Twain)

• ConverseSCConverseSC Member Posts: 572
    WAR = PvP/RvR oriented game.
    WoW = PvE oriented game.

Why compare them at all?  Why not compare WAR with something more similiar, like DAoC?

Oh, that's right, because you're all stupid.

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Originally posted by ConverseSC

Remember, you're a forum user just like all of us. Welcome to the group. 

• ConverseSCConverseSC Member Posts: 572

Originally posted by IdesofMarch

Originally posted by ConverseSC

Remember, you're a forum user just like all of us. Welcome to the group. 

I am not a forum user, but a forum god.  Therefore I am above all judgements I pass onto the community.

No go sacrifice some trolls to me or something.
  • GreyfaceGreyface Member Posts: 390

Originally posted by TheWarc

Remember how everyone got excited about DnL?
    All you build up atm is false hope. Damn hypes these days.

QFT, big time.  And remember, EA has their greasy fingers on WAR now.  Likely as not they'll cancel it a month before the beta is scheduled to start.
  • RK-MaraRK-Mara Member Posts: 641
    The battle is WAR's if Burning Crusade suck which I doubt because Blizzard knows how to make expacks (Lord of Destruction for Diablo II and Frozen Throne for Warcraft 3)

• donkey35donkey35 Member Posts: 45

DARKFALL!!!

Darkfall the only real game (if it comes out)