Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archlord! not worth the time..

BroadshoreBroadshore Member UncommonPosts: 18
So far, I been playing the beta for 2 weeks. This game has WAY to many issues and bugs. I can't give it a good hype on the meter. Tell you the truth, from 1-10 I give this game a 3. If any of you guys been on the archlord message board, you well see why. Sorry guy, don't get your hopes up so quicky for this game. 

Comments

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Originally posted by Broadshore
    So far, I been playing the beta for 2 weeks. This game has WAY to many issues and bugs. I can't give it a good hype on the meter. Tell you the truth, from 1-10 I give this game a 3. If any of you guys been on the archlord message board, you well see why. Sorry guy, don't get your hopes up so quicky for this game. 

Well, for many their hopes were up long before beta arrived, mine included. But I've learned to not attach myself to a game six months before beta, as I entered the game with high expectations and was disappointed in what I experienced. As I've said before, if a free trial arises say six months from now, I'll likely give it another go and see what progress if any has been made.

Good luck with your future games though.

• Azure77Azure77 Member Posts: 355

I dont think Codemasters has any control in the game. I made 3 pre-order , canceled them when I got to 25. The bugs , even the ones claim to have been fixed , are too much and too little time left.

What got me is that the only way I could get a response from CSR was to cuss and call them ass monkeys. Other wise I would be stuck for days or have an issue that would lead to character deletion.

Its not a terrible game .. but its not worth paying 50.00 bucks for.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Codemasters once was known for quite decent solo games, but now with their MMOs, they got the lisence for crap. ><

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• BroadshoreBroadshore Member UncommonPosts: 18
    I am really not happy with this game. It just fells... ehh to me. The Bugs and issues are just. To much and the company wants to bring this game out in to the market in a few months.

I thought Lineage 2, Everquest 1 and 2, and DDO were bad during beta. But, this game takes the cake of "You want to bring this out with all of these problems?"

There nuts. But, hell, EQ1 and 2 where pretty buggy during its days. So maybe things well change.

Okay, I am off to bed before my grammer gets any worst.

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

It just fells... ehh to me.

That's my feeling as well. One of the biggest disappointments for me was that Codemasters continually pushed that they were "westernizing" the game, which got me excited for the questing and ArchLord in general. But when I get to character creation and find an incredibly small amount of customization, then get in the game and the first quest I encounter has me doing a Fed Ex from one person to another when they're in shouting distance from one another, just totally threw my hopes out the window. Looking at numerous opinions of those who played RFO I should have realized that this game was not going to be westernized as I so foolishly believed, but quite simply would be ported over, handed to us and told, "Here. Go play this for a while."

Maybe I expected too much out of this game, and maybe I bought into the advertising side of Codemasters. But being a part of the official forums since almost the beginning of the ArchLord section's existence, I saw all the hype that was created and read every article and interview that came along. I was a moderator of all things, which shows you how much I believed in this game up until the day beta arrived.

I don't think the game is crap. I've played so much worse that I'd be full of it myself if I said it was. There is some good to be found within the game, but it so strongly came over as "just another ported Korean MMO" to me that unless you're a fan of the eastern-style gameplay, I really couldn't recommend it.

But this is of course all my opinion, and there are those who disagree and enjoy ArchLord for what it is. I myself expect more and need something different for me to make that financial commitment. Cheers to those who have become fans of the game, and to those who don't in hopes that we'll find the right game for us.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Can you say..."Beta" ?
  • grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by Gameloading

Can you say..."Beta" ?

Im not sure they can remake the entire game before it goes gold lol Seriously why is this game still listed? Considering this is the 2nd game CM have ported I think theyre devs might be a bit out of practice at actually making a game (not just coding english character sets and changing xp rates). Its highly unlikely theyre gong to take the LOTRO devs and put them on making this good.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

Originally posted by Gameloading Can you say..."Beta" ?

Can you say...."Beta with the game released next week?" And "still many people unhappy about the beta,so they'll need a leap of faith with any release miracle patch to even buy the game?"

Beta time is running out and in a matter of weeks the game will be released and people are going to have to buy the game and hope that all the beta bugs have vanished with a 'miracle patch',which should have happened in the beta and not rely on people's wallets,imo. (there is still time for this,of course,but...I doubt it they'll do it in beta and play the "fixed in release" card)

If the release is bug-free,then your 'beta' crusade will have merit; it was only beta bugs,they were fixed for release and the leap of faith is a good one if you like Archlord. But if the release maintains it's beta bugs,and for some time after the 4th October,then it's a whole new flopgame,and you'll be forced to admit that something ain't right.

Only a matter of time....

On a positive note,if anyone reads this and happens to be a moon elf who is starting out the game,I will be giving away money/some level 1-15 items outside of Norine tonight at some point,as I am uninstalling Archlord and not bothering with the beta anymore. Look out for 'Moonskra' outside of Norine.

I think in my review that Archlord was an ok game as far as my level 15 patience allowed on my moon elf ranger,but I've seen all this grinding stuff before and I most likely grow tired of it as I haven't bothered to log on for a few days now. I'll say no more than that.

Most likely, the patch that will fix the crucial bugs is already complete, and will most likely be implanted when the game will be released. your not playing the same version as in retail, and THATS what I mean when I say "Beta". In Beta, bug fixes hardly go live one by one. its usually one big patch.

• BroadshoreBroadshore Member UncommonPosts: 18
    You do have a point Gameloading. It is just a simple beta. SO! Well wait and see what happen after beta.. Thats the best I can think of right?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

I actually do think that Gameloading has the right of it. It might still be released with some bugs or issues that need to be fixed, but I don't really think that they constantly rush fixes to the beta version as they are done.

I think it's getting to the point that companies really need to "spell out" what the beta testers are going to be experiencing "before" the public beta begins. So many people are upset about so many things. Heck, they could wipe the characters every day and that should be acceptable.

As far as Westernizing, I don't think that extends to things like cusomization. I think that pertains more to things like drop rate/"less" grind.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by Sovrath

I think that pertains more to things like drop rate/"less" grind.

lol you just proved my point.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• wormstlawormstla Member Posts: 42

Just my opinion...

I strongly think that most people who haven't experienced with dungions, complains about grinding.

After my dungion experiences, I thought lvl up was too ez. I don't think many people will share their ways of being successful in beta. You just have to find out the ways. If you fail from other MMORPGS you will fail here also. If you are few that discover the "ways" of being successful, you will most likely become successful by not telling everyone. People talk about heavy grinding and little xp.. lol did you know there lvl 60s in beta server?

I was thinking hard wut CM's intension in US market bring in the "buggy game"... (I also thinks that this game is buggy as hell) then I realized.. what if.. they already made fix patch and just didn't apply to game yet..(intentionly) - to gain people's trust..(After their big fail from previous mmorpgs..) (They also said they fixed it. They didn't tell us this update the fix on beta) Same reason why they opened(fix the bug?should I say) the cantra shop so late so that people can taste the game without all the heavy power ups with cash deals and their power ups make BIG difference) I took out lvl 26 when i was lvl 18 with all power ups. 

Having patches on release so people who talk crap about cm go "ouch my bad~" and for people who trust them, they get to head start on 1st day it comes out.. On other side, people think "wow CM fixed every thing in time. I guess they did something right this time".

Another one.. remember the 1st patch that f%$ked all drops and item mod change and pots issue? shortly after they came out with idea where they delete monthly charge and just open item shop? May be they were testing that out by making game hard so that you only can survive with items that you buy with cash..instead of monthly charge.. Think about it. Only beta tester will know what they did. Casual players who just buy game on release looking at ad or covers, experience only retail version side. After all Not every one read all forums and listen what beta testers say before buy game.

Just my thoughts..  If I was CM member, testing US market on this Kr hardcore mmorpg, i might have did same. only if my guesses are true.. at the end their intension is to make money.

Sorry for my bad grammer..

I don't think they are dumb enough to just release the game as is.. If they are that dumb, CM or NHN shouldn't even have chance to enter any market.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Originally posted by grimboj

Originally posted by Sovrath

I think that pertains more to things like drop rate/"less" grind.

lol you just proved my point.

edit: yes, in some ways yes.

Their idea of westernizing might be altering drop rates compared to the Eastern Versions of the game. So, they could say "hey... let's lighten up on the drop/xp rate because westerners prefer less grind. But that could still be grind heavy/drop light as compared to what individual players might want.

Players might find the drop rate xp rate to be hard but is it much less "intense" then the other versions? If so then that is their interpretation of "westernizing".

doesn't mean that the western market is going to buy it though.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • thenambui20thenambui20 Member Posts: 3
    Where is this game trailer ? I want to see it
    www.archlordgame.com for trailer.. you lazy bum...
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I really respect other ppl love other stuff. I would never really complain about bugs. I dont critizise Archlord - or any other game - based on bugs. Bugs happen. Some need a lot of time to correct. I have worked in software corporations and I know about bugs. Really, they annoy me as anyone else, but I would never make a verdict over bugs.

Yes its Beta. But Codemasters hasnt a record to make big changes until the game comes life. See RFO.

It is whats in the game. I am a quester. I love to be involved in a storyline. I love to see a liviing, breathing world full of things to discover. I desire that careful balance between being led through a world and having some freedom to follow my own path. I want, simply put, a world and quests that are interesting. I found Archlord utterly boring. I was not motivied to follow this game at all, and a game should not be boring. Sorry, but just go out and kill stuff isnt carrying a game for me. There was no single aspect that really thrilled me at all.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

I respect Elikal's point of view

This is my point of view:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/thread/95856

Every one has different taste in games

Originally posted by Elikal

I really respect other ppl love other stuff. I would never really complain about bugs. I dont critizise Archlord - or any other game - based on bugs. Bugs happen. Some need a lot of time to correct. I have worked in software corporations and I know about bugs. Really, they annoy me as anyone else, but I would never make a verdict over bugs.
    Yes its Beta. But Codemasters hasnt a record to make big changes until the game comes life. See RFO.
    It is whats in the game. I am a quester. I love to be involved in a storyline. I love to see a liviing, breathing world full of things to discover. I desire that careful balance between being led through a world and having some freedom to follow my own path. I want, simply put, a world and quests that are interesting. I found Archlord utterly boring. I was not motivied to follow this game at all, and a game should not be boring. Sorry, but just go out and kill stuff isnt carrying a game for me. There was no single aspect that really thrilled me at all.

the reason for that is quite simple, this is not the mmorpg for you. you would be better off playing WoW, EQ2 or CoH. this really is a pvp game, and if your here for the PVE then you will be dissapointed
  • GuttidenGuttiden Member Posts: 1

Most likely, the patch that will fix the crucial bugs is already complete, and will most likely be implanted when the game will be released. your not playing the same version as in retail, and THATS what I mean when I say "Beta". In Beta, bug fixes hardly go live one by one. its usually one big patch.

Unfortunately, the bugs are not hte only problem.  The main problem for me is the complete lack of presence on forums.  They could at least take the two minutes to write a post saying they are aware of the problem.  The forums are dead.  A game with that kind of support is not worth paying any subscription for.
  • wilcoxonwilcoxon Member UncommonPosts: 98

Originally posted by GameloadingMost likely, the patch that will fix the crucial bugs is already complete, and will most likely be implanted when the game will be released. your not playing the same version as in retail, and THATS what I mean when I say "Beta". In Beta, bug fixes hardly go live one by one. its usually one big patch.

Unforunately, I really doubt it. There are nearly daily patches to fix small numbers of bugs as it is. I have no doubt that more bugs will be fixed before going live but since that is next week, I fully expect tons of bugs.

On the other hand, I don't care that much as it isn't really the MMO for me (too pvp centric with too little storyline/quests of interest). I'd consider buying the game if it wasn't going to be subscription.

Active: D&D Online (alpha,beta,&unlimited)

Retired: Anarchy Online, Archlord (beta), Auto Assault (beta), CoH/CoV, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeon Runners, Elder Scrolls Online, Everquest, EVE, Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online (beta,live), Pathfinder Online (beta), Rift (beta,live), Secret World (beta,live), Star Wars Old Republic, Vanguard (beta), Warhammer (beta,live), World of Warcraft

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
    LOL at the people saying "It's Beta!"

I've been playing games in this genre for 10 years.  I've played almost every major successful MMORPG and even a good number of the bad ones.   Not once, ever, in the history of beta testings, did the final release of a game after its beta seem THAT different.  The "It's only Beta!" arguement has been the rallying cry of people who refuse to accept the reality of the situation.  Stop acting like you have some financial stake in the success of the game and realize it is just a game, that will most likely go the way of RF Online.   You'll got some initial rush, but after the first month, you will see the number plummet.  CM has little to no control over the game, there are merely a middle man who translated and distributes Korean games, not even good Korean games.

The website is an EXACT copy / paste from the RF Online website, and like RFO, most of the relevent game information links on the website are still under contruction.   It would take merely a few minutes for someone to sit down and type up information on classes, skills, and combat.  Since these are probably 3 of the biggest gameplay staples, it deters any would be person who might have an interest in the game.   My opinion, much to the chagrin of many of the people here pretending they have financial interest in this game, is that gamers should stay far away from companies like this, and not endorse such idiocy.  The more people who are willing to pay for unfishing garbage, the more companies will put it out.

• phanatxphanatx Member UncommonPosts: 41

Actually you are wrong, most products that I have beta tested have released patches every 2-3 days to have them TESTED so they know they work. This was not done in this event, and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. We are supposed to believe that all the problems that were reported in BETA are just fine and dandy in a server we CANNOT CONNECT TO.

Sorry that just doesn't do it. This game is going to die off quickly.. sorry but thats my honest opinion.
  • AnawielAnawiel Member Posts: 98
    I also tried the beta, but i gave it up a few hours later. I expect codemasters will fix the bugs, but i don't like the graphics, the style in which the characters are made. There are good things of course, I liked especially the map, but i prefer to play more beautiful games, like guild wars f.e.

Originally posted by phanatx

Actually you are wrong, most products that I have beta tested have released patches every 2-3 days to have them TESTED so they know they work. This was not done in this event, and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. We are supposed to believe that all the problems that were reported in BETA are just fine and dandy in a server we CANNOT CONNECT TO.

Sorry that just doesn't do it. I Think This game is going to die off quickly.. sorry but thats my honest opinion.

so because another company does it, Codemasters will as well?

CM has done more things that other companies don't. they changed important gameplay features & the entire billing system in the last two weeks. you don't see other games do that either.

I also fixed your post.