Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yeah Im picky.

My time is somewhat meaningful. I have things to do otherwise, but I love mmo's. downside is as an avid gamer I see a lot of em as cookie cutter. so I'll give a rundown on what I like and see if anyone has found something like it.

-I like the sci-fi genra, lasers kick ass and Im typically a techno buff. so you can see where I want this in a game.
-I need content and lots of it. I hate spending my time lvl grinding killing mobs. to be more spefic, I want to create things. building in-game is fun as hell to me.
-Decent community. Im aware that all games have a multitude of gamer types, I just want one that's gonna have friendly people every once in a while. a lot of games Ive been playing have been very distant to noobs.
-Skilling system. I want something my skills gain exp by using them I hate trying to figure out what skills I need to put my limited points into to do what I want. I find this very limiting.
-3D. I cant stand taxt based or 2d games anymore. if I want 2d, I still have a nintendo.

Updates as I think of them. p2p is also ok to me, I dont mind the chage if the game is worth it.

Comments

• GrindPlzGrindPlz Member Posts: 147
    lower your standards you will have fun that way.

------------------------
    I love MMorpgs..

• glasshummerglasshummer Member Posts: 12
    why should I have to lower my standards? I want to really enjoy a game. I have a shitty attention span and I know it. but every once in a while I find a game that keeps my interest all the way through and I want to find that in an MMO. 

• feoxfeox Member Posts: 55

hey glasshummer, have you tryed Anarchy Online yet?
    its in the si-fi u wanted, with lots of content, great community and goes to lvl 200+ with expansions
    not to noobie friendly at first but its an awsome game when u know what to do.

try it out its free to play.

• GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441
      Try EvE. Having NO attention span is a pre-requisite I think to play it.

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

• MordacaiMordacai Member Posts: 309

Originally posted by glasshummer
    My time is somewhat meaningful. I have things to do otherwise, but I love mmo's. downside is as an avid gamer I see a lot of em as cookie cutter. so I'll give a rundown on what I like and see if anyone has found something like it.

-I like the sci-fi genra, lasers kick ass and Im typically a techno buff. so you can see where I want this in a game.
    -I need content and lots of it. I hate spending my time lvl grinding killing mobs. to be more spefic, I want to create things. building in-game is fun as hell to me.
    -Decent community. Im aware that all games have a multitude of gamer types, I just want one that's gonna have friendly people every once in a while. a lot of games Ive been playing have been very distant to noobs.
    -Skilling system. I want something my skills gain exp by using them I hate trying to figure out what skills I need to put my limited points into to do what I want. I find this very limiting.
    -3D. I cant stand taxt based or 2d games anymore. if I want 2d, I still have a nintendo.

Updates as I think of them. p2p is also ok to me, I dont mind the chage if the game is worth it.

Here's one for you, although it (phase 1) won't be ready until appx July 2007. www.forceofarms.com

It's Sci-fi with mechs. Check

Content-crafter end game (this has yet to be announced to the public) Check

Community-is building slowly word of mouth only and its a great community, all of the developers are gamers as well as many roleplayers. Check

Skilling-game is based on the Hero game system (PnP) and characters are made with alloted skill points and then advance so a 1 minute old character can be effective against a veteran. Permadeath sting but believable and a reason.  Check

3d-Check, its on par with most mmorpg sci-fi games to date built on the Multiverse platform. Play during phase one will be 1 world, as well as an enhanced phase 2, and then to expand to future worlds and space, phase 3. Check.

I know its not something right away that you can play but is someithing to look forward to, to keep an eye on so to speak.