Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what your trying to say is...

Dont get FFXI cuz WoW is better? I have been reading the fourms and it seems as if WoW is over rated

Does anyone have good advice to give b4 i buy.

Either WoW or FFXI

I have a 360 and a pc

Comments

• kevinsalkevinsal Member Posts: 27

they are completely different games.  FFXI is more clunky but follows the FF lore and story.  You have to click and select what you want to do from a menu.  Wow is spoonfed but is a bit more smooth in battles and movements, it is a lot more customizable and easier to find parties for normal instances.

Its really based on preference... 

What I like to do is go to YouTube.com and search for movies on a game to see if it interests me

good luck.. 

• WestOfEdenWestOfEden Member Posts: 16
    How do the battles work On there? Are they turn based like the old FF's? Or is it real time?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Battles in FFXI are real timed and extremly skilled as compared to anything in WOW.Wow mobs are solo based and really are not designed for team work.I really cant get into too much detail because i could write a book lol.

Basically FFXI is alot more thinking and challenging battles.WOW's battle system is very simple wich is why so many kids flocked to WOW,they like a simplistic game that they can brag to there friends about hitting level 30 in one week.Yes WOW is fulla little kids shouting leet talk all day long,it really gets pathetic after awhile.PVP is part of the problem that leads the game into kiddie leet talk.Everyone is OWNZOR this and ownzor that.When they get tired of ownzor this and that they start on the ownzor of your family members.Very very childish community in WOW.I know some mature players in that game take that as a slap in face,but i'm NOT talking about the mature players i am talking about a very high population of the game however.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TelakiTelaki Member Posts: 361

Originally posted by kevinsal

they are completely different games.  FFXI is more clunky but follows the FF lore and story.  You have to click and select what you want to do from a menu.  Wow is spoonfed but is a bit more smooth in battles and movements, it is a lot more customizable and easier to find parties for normal instances.

In FFXI, noone should ever, ever, ever, Use the mouse. It sucks beyond anything you can ever imagine... Use the arrow keys to go through your menu's.

FFXI is a bit more serious, and has more mature playes. In FFXI everythin you do effects other people, the game itself is very time consuming, and when you do somthing stupid. You not only affect yourself, but you waste the time of everyone around you. The game is Fun, time consuming, The graphics are Dated, but they're not Bad, think... umm FFX on Ps2.

WoW is one of the many games where you can sign on 1 hour a night and actually get somthing accomplished, Its very PvP oriented, thus making the Maturity Middle school level. The Game can be fun in small doses, Anyone who plays it hardcore will hit max lvl in a few weeks. (Meaning its not very challenage), Rarely do you party so at max lvl you've got people who don't know how to act in a party. The graphics look like a box of Crayons exploded. Its pretty Cartoony. The GUI looks like EQ2+GW, (Nothing really origional one of the things I didn't like.)
  • WestOfEdenWestOfEden Member Posts: 16
    So This game dosen't have any of that childish bull? I have to get it. I get sick of 1337 stuff. Olny when its me whos getting "Owned" tho lol.

• ShadrakShadrak Member Posts: 375

Originally posted by Crimsonwolf2

Dont get FFXI cuz WoW is better? I have been reading the fourms and it seems as if WoW is over rated

Does anyone have good advice to give b4 i buy.

Either WoW or FFXI

I have a 360 and a pc

wow if you want more consistant fun play from the begining

ffxi if you want to work for years on your character to get to consistant fun play at the end