Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone here think dark messiah MP is bad?

Well I got my CD key finally and after loading it up and playing it I would have to say rakion would be a better pvp game..... The melee system is sad and in melee vs melee battles you just hold up your shield and spam swing pretty much. Mages run around and can just detonate you from a distance making them really annoying to fight. So far I am very unimpressed and I know its just open beta.... but this game releases next month so im worried about the MP content. The SP is going to be absolutely awesome but unless they start fixing their MP its going to be a joke.... Anyone else who played the MP feel this way?

Comments

• BlueCoyoteBlueCoyote Member Posts: 244
    I agree that the MP needs work, but I think if you'd given the Warrior class more time, you'd see that there's more to it than just swinging wildly. Anyway, I didn't like it at first, but once I got used to the way each class works, it was pretty fun. It gives me a headache if I play too long, though. 

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    You are lucky.  I installed it and even on lowest settings it runs below 24fps.  I just went ahead and uninstalled it.  I'll try it again at release or after they optimize it some more.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524
    My husband gave it a go the other day.  He had put a new sound card in my computer and decided to test it out on this game.  He chose some sort of archer character.  He got in and noticed there was some capture the flag thingy.  He stood on a circle and captured the flag.  He headed towards the next flag and saw a player... so he shot him with an arrow.  The other player started towards him, so my husband shot him again.  And again.  You can shoot them faster as they get closer.  The more you hold the key, the stronger the next shot seemed to get.  The other bloke finally died and my husband had hardly moved his position at all.  So he went and captured the rest of the flags.  The same guy came back and my husband kited him about for a while and the game ended.

It was VERY funny.  The single player game is ok.  The multiplayer game seems to simply be unbalanced capture the flag.  I can't be sure as neither of us ever logged back in... it would have been an anti-climax after that riveting first experience. 

• MasterfredMasterfred Member Posts: 94

Originally posted by Roin
    You are lucky.  I installed it and even on lowest settings it runs below 24fps.  I just went ahead and uninstalled it.  I'll try it again at release or after they optimize it some more.

Yea even in its worst graphics its still laggy and i have a good internet connection and computer
  • besides balancing how is mp? is it kind of UT or quake style with lots of jumping and running around and almost instant respawn? 

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Originally posted by Kyokpa
    besides balancing how is mp? is it kind of UT or quake style with lots of jumping and running around and almost instant respawn? 

Plays like BF1942

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• LumsterLumster Member Posts: 230

Plays more like the F.E.A.R multiplayer........

The MP in Messiah just feels and looks like thrown in.

• Loki-009Loki-009 Member Posts: 10
    to be honest I was hoping for a more unique and interesting MP play. like I think it would be awesome if they had a thing where you have to make an account and on that account you have to decide if you want to join the fight as either undead or human and you have to choose what class and maybe even go as far as give you physical character options to make the character look as you want. make your character be a persistant character throughout every game, kind of like bf2 and 2142 only with the whole leveling thing and maybe even add a gold system where you get paid for each capture and kill (ammount of gold for kill would probably depend on what level the person is compared to your level) and even buy like better armor and weaponry. Kind of like a more rpgish battlefield system there. But to make it even more awesome I woud love to have like campaigns where there is a interactive map with different territories representing different maps. and you can choose where you want to fight and have it show you every server that has that map running. and after a number of games played  on that map whichever side has won the most captures that territory. and you keep going untill one side owns the entire board or owns the most after a set number of time like a month or however long you want the maximum time of a campaign to last. at the end of a campaign have an interesting letter thing saying either your side has won the campaign or lost depending, and having little blurbs about thing like war heros or people who died the most (like a death list only listing like top 10 people who died the most in battle) and maybe information like most usefull guild (or more fitting to the idea should probably call them armies or platoons) I also think a special guild/army system should be implemented where you can register your guild/army right there in game and have like a friends list thing with all your guild mates on it and you can join in battles with each other. and even have special guild vs guild battles. lol I know I dont ask for much in my multiplayer games, man I really need to become a developer.

• StANDY1338StANDY1338 Member Posts: 49
    the lag is realy bad seriously people outran my arrows.