Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7 day trial

Michael904Michael904 Member Posts: 1
whenever i submit the key for the 7 day trial it requires me to pay for a month. is this normal?

Comments

• mswt5avsfanmswt5avsfan Member Posts: 1
    Im getting the same thing....

• Ztrike78Ztrike78 Member Posts: 28

it is normal, but after you give the information, it doesn't take payment untill AFTER the 7 days. As long as you cancel before the 7 day mark, your fine.

- Ztrike

• anakinsellaanakinsella Member UncommonPosts: 228

Originally posted by Ztrike78

it is normal, but after you give the information, it doesn't take payment untill AFTER the 7 days. As long as you cancel before the 7 day mark, your fine.

- Ztrike

• kittyblackkittyblack Member Posts: 2

but you still have to pay for fileplanet account, can't download the game for free.. this sucks:(

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

Originally posted by kittyblack

but you still have to pay for fileplanet account, can't download the game for free.. this sucks:(

you do not need a subscription to download it. You just have to wait for the public servers if you not a member like i am doing right now

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• yorkforceyorkforce Member UncommonPosts: 160

.. this sucks:(

So does the game, dont waste your time.
  • grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by yorkforce

.. this sucks:(

So does the game, dont waste your time.

....... lol

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491
    Don't trust a game that automatically runs a payment without authorization.  If a game holds any water than it will cancel automatically after the trial unless you choose to upgrade the account.  It is just a tactic to squeeze out some accidental payments to fund a sad project.  You can tell a lot about a game by this method.
  • BombastussBombastuss Member UncommonPosts: 158

Originally posted by Stellos
    Don't trust a game that automatically runs a payment without authorization.  If a game holds any water than it will cancel automatically after the trial unless you choose to upgrade the account.  It is just a tactic to squeeze out some accidental payments to fund a sad project.  You can tell a lot about a game by this method.

Most games with free trials do this though... That's also what happens when the "30 day trial" runs out when you buy games y'know...
  • StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

Originally posted by Sallads_mask

Originally posted by Stellos
    Most games with free trials do this though... That's also what happens when the "30 day trial" runs out when you buy games y'know...

I haven't played every game so I can't say that most do or do not.  But I played trials to games such as WoW and EVE that do very well financially and these types DO NOT automatically charge after trials, because they are confident that the game is solid enough to bring you back.  It seems that it is becoming a trend for games that are doing well not to automatically impliment a charge.  As far as a 30 day trial, that comes with the game AFTER you've bought it.  It's assumed you are going to keep playing, if not why did you buy the game?  The trial periods offered directly off the sites typically do not require the actual game, as it comes through a download.  Trust me if there is automatic charges it tells you that the game is not a fully sound game and that you might want to question playing it, it is a technique used to hook a player in the game for even more time since they accidently have been charged.  This technique is often not used if the game has enough content to get you hooked in 7-14 days.
  • zendadaistzendadaist Member UncommonPosts: 22

I have to say that the games I've tried in the past have *NOT* demanded that you give credit card details to play the trial. I am now highly unlikely to actually go ahead with this trial because if there's a problem and it won't let me cancel the payment, I'm stuck having forked out whether I want to actually continue playing or not.

::::11::

A shame because it looked more interesting than the rest of the standard fantasy-genre MMOs.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Some companies prefer vertification of the trial users. Credit card also takes care of trial abuse.

• BombastussBombastuss Member UncommonPosts: 158
    "NOTE: This trial offer will require you to enter a credit card
    number or PayPal account. You will have to unsubscribe to the game
    before the end of your trial or you will be automatically billed."

What you also can do if you just wanna play the tiral is ubsubscribing just after you got your trial, this still generally means you till get to play the free trial untill it expires.