Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enough with SWG crying!

spirus7spirus7 Member UncommonPosts: 142

..so ok $OE ruined the game we know it ..we cried..we swear..we deleted our acc (some yes some no)..we stoped playing etc etc

Soooo enough with crying..!

OR! MMORPG.COM should make a new spot in the forums called "The Official SGW /Cry more Pub" 

Comments

• tetsultetsul Member Posts: 1,020

SWG Veteran Refuge
    A place for disgruntled former and current SWG players to talk about the game that was and the game that now is, as well as for newcomers who are curious about the issues surrounding the changes that this game has undergone.

Sometimes it's best to look at something before ranting insanely.

• 3L1TE3L1TE Member Posts: 167
    Lol If you guys liek the old version so much go play a private server

• MajorBiggsMajorBiggs Member UncommonPosts: 709

Originally posted by 3L1TE

Isnt that kinda...illegal?
  • PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

Originally posted by MajorBiggs

Isnt that kinda...illegal?

I will make it legal!

(Yes it is true.  I am actually Dick Chenny!)

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• SmurfMagicSmurfMagic Member Posts: 664

yeah but i think the main problem is that us SWG crying vets have not yet found a good substitute for what we liked in original SWG. I think its good that we keep crying and voicing our anger and feelings so that people do not forget what SOE did to us.

They did the most horrible thing ever in the world of online games.

Its a good way to make other publishers think to not make that kind of mistake or feel the wrath of angry customers for years to come.

KEEP CRYING SWG VETS !!!!

• VelricVelric Member UncommonPosts: 140

Good luck finding one.
  • KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303

Originally posted by tetsul
    SWG Veteran Refuge
    Because the rest of us just couldn't take the bitching and moaning anymore.

Corrected.

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

To be fair SWG had a fairly large impact on the MMO community in general. Not only did the game allow fans to actively participate in the Star Wars universe, but the game itself had enormous potential. Also, the game had, imo, THE best community of any MMO I've played to date.

Beyond royally borking the game, SOE/LA implemented a completely new version of the game with only two weeks notice. I doubt many gamers would reacty kindly to such an action in the games they enjoy.

I may not agree with the constant harrassment that goes (or went) on in the General forum, but in the least I can be somewhat empathetic.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• LignerLigner Member Posts: 59

Originally posted by IcoGames

To be fair SWG had a fairly large impact on the MMO community in general. Not only did the game allow fans to actively participate in the Star Wars universe, but the game itself had enormous potential. Also, the game had, imo, THE best community of any MMO I've played to date.
    Beyond royally borking the game, SOE/LA implemented a completely new version of the game with only two weeks notice. I doubt many gamers would reacty kindly to such an action in the games they enjoy.
    I may not agree with the constant harrassment that goes (or went) on in the General forum, but in the least I can be somewhat empathetic.

I agree that SWG had alot of potential: no worries for devs regarding story line, number of fans and eviroment. Its all has been done before they even though to create SWG. All they had to do is to concentrate on delivering good gameplay which actually would make players feel being in Star Wars Universe. This is true that their ideas have had huge potential such as Bounty Hunter and Smuggler professions or player cities. Before game came out they talked alot about those features however none of them has been implemented completely or at all.

That is fact that they released game long before it was completed and as result had worse game launch anyone ever had. For a good year they bombed us with updates which in fact instead of being "events updates" simply were "bug fixers". I cant name any other games (no matter how bad or good they are) which would COMPLETELY change their combat concept 3 times after it has been launched. To be honest after all this its really felt like being laboratorian research mouse and that they were just experimenting on us.

Yes I agree that it has alot of potential and that they have had all the tools to implement desirable gameplay, yet devs of SOE flashed it all in a toilet.

AC, AC2, EQ2, SWG, Horisons, WoW, Archlord, LotRO, Espado Granada, Vanguard
    Currently playing: AoC

• tetsultetsul Member Posts: 1,020

Originally posted by Kurush

Originally posted by tetsul
    SWG Veteran Refuge
    Because the rest of us just couldn't take the bitching and moaning anymore.

Corrected.

I prefer:

SWG Veteran Refuge
    The only reason anyone goes into the SWG forums. Really, who gives a crap about SWG now?

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

SWGEmu isn't finished yet. So, there are no private servers.

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • WolfjunkieWolfjunkie Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 985
    People have been crying about how EA ruined UO for what.. 5 years?

• zieenzieen Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 414

Originally posted by Wolfjunkie
    People have been crying about how EA ruined UO for what.. 5 years?
    They did. lol

EA has a reputation for ruining online games, even the ones they started. I give it a year before people are complaining about how EA ruined DAoC.

The modern MMORPG is simply not worthy, of the acronym RPG. The straight grind and lack of atmosphere leave me with no choice. From this day forth, World of Warcraft, Everquest 2, and all the games like them shall be referred to as PIGCRAP. People In Guilds Constantly Raiding And Power-leveling

• StANDY1338StANDY1338 Member Posts: 49
    yea but we will still have to buy the fucking shitty expansion packs that they decided paying the subscription wasnt enough to cover.

• TheWarcTheWarc Member Posts: 1,199

Originally posted by spirus7

..so ok $OE ruined the game we know it ..we cried..we swear..we deleted our acc (some yes some no)..we stoped playing etc etc
    Soooo enough with crying..!
    OR! MMORPG.COM should make a new spot in the forums called "The Official SGW /Cry more Pub" 

Yessss, lets stop the Eve praising toooooooooooo..
  • AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Originally posted by TheWarc Yessss, lets stop the Eve praising toooooooooooo..

EVE bashing while your at it, heck, lets stop all of that particular breed of c***

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642
     I am not here to cry for SWG but to Laugh at SOE!

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• LignerLigner Member Posts: 59

Originally posted by JestorRodo
     I am not here to cry for SWG but to Laugh at SOE!

well said mate

AC, AC2, EQ2, SWG, Horisons, WoW, Archlord, LotRO, Espado Granada, Vanguard
    Currently playing: AoC