Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Give me a good PvP game!

I desperatly want a good PvP game, so far ive found none up to par. Maybe my standards are just to high, but ive been let down so much

L2 was supposed to be amazing PvP but boo on that from day 1 I realized it was horrible

WoW was decent until they implemented battle grounds, worst idea ever, grinding the same place over and over isnt fun after the first couple of times

Im coming from Asheron's Call possibly the best most entertaining PvP ive ever played, where its not just where you shoot a firebolt and it automatically hits the person, but you can actually dodge missle attacks like arrows etc. Where melees choose where to hit and depending on that persons armor on that spot his how much damage they can do. I still love this game but ive been playing since 2000

Now my question is are there any good OPEN (no arena or you have to request to duel) pvp games coming or already out?!

Comments

• SpeedhaakSpeedhaak Member UncommonPosts: 296
    Like the rest of us, you'll just have to wait for Warhammer mate. :/
  • Squall15Squall15 Member Posts: 454

/agree with Speed

WAR sounds just like your game.

• AmbassadorDvinnAmbassadorDvinn Member UncommonPosts: 339
    Darkfall Online.  

Serious death penalties makes every close call an adrenaline rush, and every minor achievement a major victory. This alternative rule-set should be in all MMORPGs.

• mozismozis Member Posts: 436
    L2 does have amazing PvP, you simply find the grind boring and are unable to make the commitment to months of grinding to get to the level of good PvP. This is understandable but do not make assumptions about a game after the first day of play.

• BonzarBonzar Member Posts: 176

I stand by my usual answer to this question; play ShadowBane. There's still a small dedicated group. It's easy to level up so you won't be too far behind for too long. Or maybe it's not played at all anymore, haven't checked in a while.

EQ 2's PvP is like WoW's when it first started. You may want to give that a try. I enjoy it a lot. Not like Shadowbane's but not bad either, a nice balance in my eyes.

Saving that, wait for Warhammer Online. Or play an FPS -_^

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

Originally posted by Bonzar

I stand by my usual answer to this question; play ShadowBane. There's still a small dedicated group. It's easy to level up so you won't be too far behind for too long. Or maybe it's not played at all anymore, haven't checked in a while.

EQ 2's PvP is like WoW's when it first started. You may want to give that a try. I enjoy it a lot. Not like Shadowbane's but not bad either, a nice balance in my eyes.

Saving that, wait for Warhammer Online. Or play an FPS -_^

EQ2's PvP is fun in the 20's-30's range. After level 50 if just keeps getting worse as almost everyone can one hit eachother .

• callmetobycallmetoby Member Posts: 302
    Yeah, I agree with the others when I say Warhammer is probably your best bet, tho it doesn't come out til Q4 2007, so don't start holding your breath just yet.  But I agree with your comments on L2 and WoW.  Warhammer is going to be built for RvR, much like DAOC, so if you choose to do so you'll never really have to PvE if you don't want to.
  • ORLYORLY Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by accents90921
    I desperatly want a good PvP game, so far ive found none up to par. Maybe my standards are just to high, but ive been let down so much

L2 was supposed to be amazing PvP but boo on that from day 1 I realized it was horrible

WoW was decent until they implemented battle grounds, worst idea ever, grinding the same place over and over isnt fun after the first couple of times

Im coming from Asheron's Call possibly the best most entertaining PvP ive ever played, where its not just where you shoot a firebolt and it automatically hits the person, but you can actually dodge missle attacks like arrows etc. Where melees choose where to hit and depending on that persons armor on that spot his how much damage they can do. I still love this game but ive been playing since 2000

Now my question is are there any good OPEN (no arena or you have to request to duel) pvp games coming or already out?!

www.thronesofchaos.com

our entire guild is movin straight there soon.. and have been invited to beta. We were pretty big in SB.

Best upcoming pvp mmo there is hands down. At least by the "design" of it. theres nothin upcoming that even comes close to real pvp. Kind of like old school UO'ish.

• AckbarAckbar Member UncommonPosts: 927
    Eve? Shadowbane? Umpteen stupid korean games?

I know you said no arena matches but you can dodge arrows in Guild Wars and its pvp centric gameplay makes it more fun.

Plus the sheer variety of arenas and different pvp styles make it far more interesting than wow.

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

• SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921
    Since Darkfall isn't out yet,you'll have to make do with EVE/Shadowbane/GW.
  • Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    EVE Online

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• ORLYORLY Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by Suitepee

darkfall is the longest running vaporware in history. the game died about 3 years ago.   I remember my guild following it back in early 2002 until they finally gave up and left. 

• TheWarcTheWarc Member Posts: 1,199
    Knight Online's PvP > Every free game + some monthly fee games.
  • paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613
    guildwars, while areana based is the only balanced game out there.  though you strike me as a person who would take the lamest class in the game for a strong character, so not the game for you.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• paadepaade Member Posts: 471

Originally posted by ORLY

Originally posted by Suitepee

darkfall is the longest running vaporware in history. the game died about 3 years ago.   I remember my guild following it back in early 2002 until they finally gave up and left. 

this is something i always find very funny about ToC fans. They bash Darkfall for being vapor, yet they are following the biggest joke in MMORPG history, ToC alias age of mourning alias mourning... how many name changes are there so far? Im honestly losing count here.
  • SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

Originally posted by paade this is something i always find very funny about ToC fans. They bash Darkfall for being vapor, yet they are following the biggest joke in MMORPG history, ToC alias age of mourning alias mourning... how many name changes are there so far? Im honestly losing count here.

Well yes actually,come to think of it. These 'ToC trolls' follow the same pattern,arguably:

They hate Dark and Light. They call Darkfall vaporware and usually provide shallow criticism as to why(sometimes referring to DnL,but oddly they try to steer away from mentioning AoM). They support and advertise ToC. Their post count is low,usually below 100. ORLY fits the template perfectly.

But since they don't offer any decent criticism,you just laugh at their pathetic trolling and carry on.

• FaithRavenFaithRaven Member Posts: 169

This guy is right. ToC aka Mourning was already released before. After 1-2 months of running the game, they canceled it because their maximum number of players online was about 20 :)

Killer: 80%
    Achiever: 60%
    Explorer: 33%
    Socializer: 26%