Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Squad Leader

How many of you played Squad Leader as a primary (i.e., Master on your main character, not a buff-alt) profession in the pre-NGE SWG?  Why?  As in, what was it about that style of play that drew you to the profession?

Comments

• OuchmuchOuchmuch Member Posts: 340
     I was Master Squad Leader/Master Carbineer/Novice Artisan, as to why it just seemed to be a nice all around combo specially when running in groups with players that had no scout skills (passive group terrian negotiation FTW ). Some may ask why novice artisan, well simple it it made it easier to assist crafters in resource location while I was out exploring, hunting, or just messing around.
  • KenshuAniKenshuAni Member CommonPosts: 851

My main had MSL and Master Rifles for about 3 or 4 months in the CU.

The reason I played that is because I enjoy playing support roles.  I used the advantage of having the long range of rifles to keep an eye on the team and use buffs/debuffs where needed as the battle flowed.  This was particularly effective in places such as the Avatar and during the sith attack phase of the village.  Where it is so chaotic that the ability to display the colored onscreen messages was extremely useful.

• UnagiUnagi Member Posts: 99

Originally posted by KenshuAni

My main had MSL and Master Rifles for about 3 or 4 months in the CU.
    The reason I played that is because I enjoy playing support roles.  I used the advantage of having the long range of rifles to keep an eye on the team and use buffs/debuffs where needed as the battle flowed.  This was particularly effective in places such as the Avatar and during the sith attack phase of the village.  Where it is so chaotic that the ability to display the colored onscreen messages was extremely useful.

Yeah, I went from MBH/MSL to MSL & Master Rifleman during the CU.  I seem to recall that being a pretty good template.  The Sith attack phase at the village was definitely some of the best pick-up co-operative gameplay I can remember, calling the shots with the Volley Fire / Steady Aim combo.  State removal was handy, too.

• FreelancerA4FreelancerA4 Member Posts: 145

I was Master Squad Leader/Master Pistols/Master Scout for most of the CU.

I chose that template because I liked being the group leader. Even though I wasn't a tank and I couldn't take a whole lot of damage, by that time in the game I was leading all of the noobs in grinding their profs. If people allowed me to lead the group I could give them all the benefits that SL has to offer. I also, for some reason, did more damage with my intimidator pistol than any glowstick waving jedi so I ended up leading the attack no matter who started swinging or shooting.

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

I was a MSqud Leader long before they added mastery Badges. Heck, even before they got the "syscommand" that came across the screen.

None of the specials did anything much, had no group enhancements, nothing really...And yet being a Squad Leader felt like an accomplishment and I always ended up as the group leader...

imageThe last of the Trackers