Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acclaim i hope not like the old one

isamiisami Member Posts: 8

lets just hope the new owners can pull it off with 9Dragons - cause to me - its lookin good thus far .

In August 2005, former Activision executive Howard Marks purchased the name "Acclaim" for a reported $100,000. In the beginning of 2006, Marks formed a new company called Acclaim Gameshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acclaim_Entertainment

Acclaim: back from the dead

Former Activision exec will launch new company with old name; business model to focus on bringing Asian MMOs to North America and Europe.                                               http://www.gamespot.com/news/6140923.html

Comments

• junkroomjunkroom Member Posts: 82
    Yeah, new Acclaim and I think they emphasize on Online Gaming so it's pretty much totally different that the last one. (I read it somewhere or heard it from someone... I can't really remember)

From some of the interview with the new CEO of Acclaim posted on game sites, I think he has good sense of online games and I totally agree with his opinion about Acclaim's business model.

• ekishouekishou Member Posts: 3

I remember when acclaim filed for bankruptcy during the makin of 'Juiced' - THQ bought the rights from them . Acclaim did make the greatest games back than . lol  to me atleast - accept Worms 3D & the rest of the worms games ..

• jfk070jfk070 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Don't hold your breath. Acclaim has already put thier foot in it with a very poorly handled closed beta.

Also their finacial model is f2p with integrated adds. It will be flooded with poor quallity players and botters.

I love the concept of the game. It should be very entertaining, but I have a feeling its going to be ruined before it even starts.

I ended up lowering my rating after dealing with acclaim.

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Originally posted by _jfreak
    Don't hold your breath. Acclaim has already put thier foot in it with a very poorly handled closed beta.

Also their finacial model is f2p with integrated adds. It will be flooded with poor quallity players and botters.

How is it poorly handled? I've heard nothing negative so far from it other then it being a slight hassle that servers are only available for log-in during a certain window of the day.

Do you know to what extent the ads are being used and how they'll effect gameplay at all? What is your definition of poor quality players? And surprise, botters are in every MMO out there.

• junkroomjunkroom Member Posts: 82
    Yea, i'm very curious about how is the closed beta poorly handled too?? And you seemed to have prejudice against f2p games? All MMO would hav ppl wanting to cheat or cheating anywayz. Can you say that there is no ppl cheating in p2p games? Mmmm..... 

• LougarouLougarou Member Posts: 278

Originally posted by junkroom

Yea, i'm very curious about how is the closed beta poorly handled too?? And you seemed to have prejudice against f2p games? All MMO would hav ppl wanting to cheat or cheating anywayz. Can you say that there is no ppl cheating in p2p games? Mmmm..... 

• canyonvrcanyonvr Member Posts: 10
    Uhhh...   What are f2p and p2p (peer to peer???)

• isamiisami Member Posts: 8
    f2p = Free To Play .
  • canyonvrcanyonvr Member Posts: 10
    Thanks....  Had file sharing on my mind..
  • iseijiniseijin Member Posts: 1

I thought it was file sharing as well ..  :-)

• AkikiAkiki Member Posts: 95

Originally posted by _jfreak

What? What's so poorly handled about it? Everything is going great so far (unless I am missing something). I honestly have no idea what you mean, so could you clarify a bit?