Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a little assistance

If anyone has an active sub could they be so kind as to inform sirsmugsalot that soe doesn't care about the current players money.. it's the people that aren't playing that they are focused on.

http://soe.lithium.com/swg/board/message?board.id=swggpdiscussion&message.id=1141038

lol forgot the link .

Comments

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by Ouchmuch

If anyone has an active sub could they be so kind as to inform sirsmugsalot that soe doesn't care about the current players money.. it's the people that aren't playing that they are focused on.

http://soe.lithium.com/swg/board/message?board.id=swggpdiscussion&message.id=1141038
    lol forgot the link .

Lol, he's a good in-game buddy of mine :P

• shirlntshirlnt Member UncommonPosts: 351

My theory on the topic of the post that is linked to -- SOE hasn't done it yet because it would give too honest a view of the game's current status (aka lack of people subscribing).  Might even lose more players over it who have made a "home" in the game when the city they live in disappears or loses many of its benefits (shuttleport for one) and players don't want to relocate/rebuild.  Guess the game could become more "WoW"-like in that the only way guild members stay in touch is via chat and meeting up at quest/mission/dungeon locations or server-cities because getting to their player cities becomes too much of a hassle.

My vote for structure wipe -- I hope they do it.  After all, I want a classic server (pre-CU preferably) in which everyone who goes on the server starts from scratch so it's not like anything left on my old servers is going to do me a lot of good anyway.

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961

Originally posted by shirlnt

My theory on the topic of the post that is linked to -- SOE hasn't done it yet because it would give too honest a view of the game's current status (aka lack of people subscribing).  Might even lose more players over it who have made a "home" in the game when the city they live in disappears or loses many of its benefits (shuttleport for one) and players don't want to relocate/rebuild.  Guess the game could become more "WoW"-like in that the only way guild members stay in touch is via chat and meeting up at quest/mission/dungeon locations or server-cities because getting to their player cities becomes too much of a hassle.
    My vote for structure wipe -- I hope they do it.  After all, I want a classic server (pre-CU preferably) in which everyone who goes on the server starts from scratch so it's not like anything left on my old servers is going to do me a lot of good anyway.

No top tier city would even remotely survive structure wipe, which means bye bye to all the shuttles.

As for structure wipe? It should have always been in. Based on subscription inactivity. Leave for 3 months, as per original contract, and your houses are gone. Ideally, all your items are sold on bazaar.

This has two benefits. People who want to remain active with current status, need to stay subscribed. Simply hoarding tons of stuff then leaving for a year contributes nothing to the game. If you cancel you're done. Period.

If you need to leave for longer periods of time, subscribe. Whaaa, rip-off, taking my money, whaaa. Who cares. If you have in-game possessions, you're playing the game. If you quit, you quit and you're outta here.

This may seem like somewhat harsh, but in reality, paying a subscription has more benefits. People who just drop in and leave one or twice a year contribute nothing. They don't care about the game enough to care about their items. This also works well for Diablo, where you lose EVERYTHING. It also works for UO.

If you intend to play sporadically over a period of several years with minor breaks, you can either subscribe for a year, or always cancel for less than 3 months. Neither of this is too much hassle for someone who likes the game.

Don't have the money? Please... People that will whine about that will be the first to admit they have 98 accounts that they absolutely need and they can't pay so much just to keep their houses alive.

Methinks people whineth too much. All of this are solid and functional concepts, and that auto-auction deal would be really really nice in the old system without bio-linked no-trade crap.
  • CastleGoobCastleGoob Member Posts: 134

Well i may sub to destroy it once an for all, dont want it auctioned. In the flavour of sirmugsalots statement " There not playing why should i care about them" well vice versa why should i give two hoots about the current players.

In a moment of weakness i may of distrubuted my pearls,pets,scemes all free. I may of even gave away my accounts but well that has just convinced me to wipe the lot.

Originally posted by CastleGoob

Well i may sub to destroy it once an for all, dont want it auctioned. In the flavour of sirmugsalots statement " There not playing why should i care about them" well vice versa why should i give two hoots about the current players.
    In a moment of weakness i may of distrubuted my pearls,pets,scemes all free. I may of even gave away my accounts but well that has just convinced me to wipe the lot.

The statement is true though.  Many of these houses have been around for years without their owners being subscribing to the game and I think some are even from the first free trial they did.  They impact on those of us playing the game through server load times, city caps, placement spots and probably even general lag.  Those playing should always be treated above those that aren't (yes yes, I know, the NGE :P) so if you haven't subbed for a certain period of time, your structures should be removed in favour of those that are paying.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125

Originally posted by Obraik

The statement is true though.  Many of these houses have been around for years without their owners being subscribing to the game and I think some are even from the first free trial they did.  They impact on those of us playing the game through server load times, city caps, placement spots and probably even general lag.  Those playing should always be treated above those that aren't (yes yes, I know, the NGE :P) so if you haven't subbed for a certain period of time, your structures should be removed in favour of those that are paying.

During those days free trial players could not own houses and could only have 50k at a time.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
    Someday, the subject of the rise and fall of SOE from dominant force in MMOs to a delusional dying bit player will make a good book.

Like i said i might of gave away what i had an even had a slight bit of feeling for those playing but this veiw of not giving a crap about players who have gone is whats got my back up. I have seen it so many times, and well if my stuff is going to be wiped im going make sure it gets wiped not auctioned or given back.

I have always been in favour of a wipe of inactive houses my guild city was plagued wiv em thats not what my issue is here. Its the statements people  like sirmugsalot and those who share em getting hold of anything i have. Im going to make sure they don't. I was even considering getting some buds to come back an move all our old structures because soe are draging there feet about the wipe.

But you know what why bother. Like I side why should i care?

Like i said i might of gave away what i had an even had a slight bit of feeling for those playing but this veiw of not giving a crap about players who have gone is whats got my back up. I have seen it so many times, and well if my stuff is going to be wiped im going make sure it gets wiped not auctioned or given back.

I have always been in favour of a wipe of inactive houses my guild city was plagued wiv em thats not what my issue is here. Its the statements people  like sirmugsalot and those who share em getting hold of anything i have. Im going to make sure they don't. I was even considering getting some buds to come back an move all our old structures because soe are draging there feet about the wipe.

For the record, Sirsmugsalot (Lenonn as I know him in game) did not say that they should be given out to current players.  He suggested a full wipe.  Those of us in favour of the wipe don't want your stuff, we want the ability to be able to build new cities, have room for new people in current cities and free up kilometers of land taken up with unused houses

For the record, Sirsmugsalot (Lenonn as I know him in game) did not say that they should be given out to current players.  He suggested a full wipe.  Those of us in favour of the wipe don't want your stuff, we want the ability to be able to build new cities, have room for new people in current cities and free up kilometers of land taken up with unused houses

And for the record and stated for the second time i have allways been in favour of wipes. Long before the nge.

And for the record and stated for the second time i have allways been in favour of wipes. Long before the nge.

Cool, I was more clearing up your mis-quote of Sirsmugsalot and pointing out that he has the same view on that as you do :)

Cool, I was more clearing up your mis-quote of Sirsmugsalot and pointing out that he has the same view on that as you do :)

I did'nt mis-quote. He said he does not give a sh*t about those who left, as quoted m8.