Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did any one knew what was going to happen?

i was just looking at the old posts about NGE and the reviews on it... and got me wondering.. did any one knew this was going to happen? (by knew i mean players) did any players knew about the NGE? and what kind  of damage it was going to do... they told us about it 15 days be for it came out....or was it less??

do you think they would revamp SWG again this nov? or sometime in 2007 ?

anyone?

Nasedoo: You said traders would get a revamp under my supervision.

Darth Lord Blixtev: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Comments

• bigherbbigherb Member Posts: 76
    I honestly thought the mass player exodus was going to happen at the
    CU, but the game survived.  Not much changed, small numbers left in
    comparison.  I was afraid the CU would drasticly change the game, but
    it didnt.

The NGE actually sounded kind of good when it was first announced.  I
    guess I was under the impression that not much would change again just
    like the CU.  But logging in on that first day it quickly became clear
    that I assumption were way off.

• NasedooNasedoo Member Posts: 486

Originally posted by bigherb
    I honestly thought the mass player exodus was going to happen at the CU, but the game survived.  Not much changed, small numbers left in comparison.  I was afraid the CU would drasticly change the game, but it didnt.

The NGE actually sounded kind of good when it was first announced.  I guess I was under the impression that not much would change again just like the CU.  But logging in on that first day it quickly became clear that I assumption were way off.

but did any one knew the (NGE) was coming? because they told us about NGe 10 to 15 days befor it came out...

do you think they will pull the same trick and keep something a sceret till its time for it to come out

• bigherbbigherb Member Posts: 76
    There were rumors floating around about it.  Announced 2 weeks before.  I am not sure how much their so called focus groups knew about the NGE, if there even were focus groups.  I cannot honestly believe anyone playing Pre-CU/CU would actually say the switch to the NGE would be a wise idea.

• NasedooNasedoo Member Posts: 486

Originally posted by bigherb
    There were rumors floating around about it.  Announced 2 weeks before.  I am not sure how much their so called focus groups knew about the NGE, if there even were focus groups.  I cannot honestly believe anyone playing Pre-CU/CU would actually say the switch to the NGE would be a wise idea.

to tell you the turth... my girl friend went to play it... and wanted me to try. so we did trail accounts.. and it is almost like CU in my eyes... but..

they just need those's 32 professions back and make Jedi the Alpha class and it could almost be fun.. i said ALMOST.. but now its still shit.. its just those's damn 9 profesisons and jedi as a starter profession

• suskesuske Member Posts: 714

i wasn't there for the cu update, so i can't say how players took it.

i personaly loved cu, and when nge was announced, bloodfin went nuts.

players dancing afk naked in the spaceports saying stuff like "the end is near!"

"boycott soe!" and the like. i remained hopeful, but the first time i logged in post nge, i had about 50

mails from friends saying goodbye, and i knew it was over.

hell one guy even made a toon named julio torres and charged players 10,000 creds to kill him!

• KenshuAniKenshuAni Member CommonPosts: 851

Originally posted by suske

hell one guy even made a toon named julio torres and charged players 10,000 creds to kill him!

hmmmmm.

Oh the, ideas!

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Yes, someone knew and made a now prolific post about it... he was ridiculed & virtually stoned...

That was until I had another friend confirm there were rumblings... then I and a few others contacted the poster of the rumor & other posts and started raising hell...

We were ridiculed for it, but did it anyway... this all happened in late October, and right before the Pre-Order Access to ToOW... Some of the posts are still there, although most were deleted when things started to heat up...

Here's a post I made about 5 days before the explosion (it happened on the 2nd if anyone remebers, the day after ToOW went Live)... I tried to call out Tiggs at the time, but got nothing. I made it because I heard Via PM's that the NGE was coming, and then the Starter Kit's started popping up... I didn't want to believe any of it, but after a few weeks there was just too much evidence, and I finally had heard too much...

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961
    From the thread:

Orthell wrote:
    br>I suspect the rumor we've been hearing is true and Jedi is on it's way to a starting profession.

i'm not much of a flamer but you sir are a moron if you think jedi will ever be a starting proffession.

Ahahahahahaha.

Hahahahahahaha.

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304

I too remember the infamous post to the Jedi forums.  And like everyone else I laughed at it and didn't want to believe it.  What he was posting about seemed to me to be less likely to happen than them giving us pre-CU back.

Then one of the handpicked asskissers (who were flown to Austin to see the NGE) blew the lid off it by gushing on his profession forum about the NGE and how great it was.

All hell proceeded to break loose.  Imagine a nuclear explosion that doesn't happen, then end, but continues for a year.  That is the reaction to the NGE. That hell will continue to break loose forever, somewhere, on some forum, whenever SWG, SOE, or LEC are discussed.  FOREVER.  Those companies have suffered permanent, irreversible damage as a result of this.

Then they announce it literally the day after TOOW was released and charged for, which was clearly deliberate, a cynical last second cash grab from the pockets of people who they knew wouldn't have bought that expansion had they been informed.  They were PRIMED for a major ass busting lawsuit for that one and they knew it, which is why they later offered refunds.  Had they not done that it would have taken about 10 minutes in a courtroom to slap an injunction on SOE to stop them from implementing the NGE, I shit you not.

I don't buy their apologies about making "mistakes" with their PR.  It was deliberate.  When they decided to do the NGE they decided to cast off the 200K+ geeks they had playing the by then watered down CU version of SWG and immediately see a flood of non hardcore players who would rush in for that chance to wield lightsabers.

As one sig here states, SOE/LEC aren't unhappy that they lost 100,000+ of the vets, but that the expected 500,000 didn't arrive to replace us.  Remember Nancy McIntyre stating back in December that SWG would "be back to previous subscription levels in 6 months?".  HA HA HA!  How that woman not only didn't get FIRED for her frequent and insulting comments and even got promoted I will never know.

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Originally posted by Wildcat84
    I too remember the infamous post to the Jedi forums.  And like everyone else I laughed at it and didn't want to believe it. 

You mean this? This came out about 4 weeks before the NGE was announced...

Members of the Jedi Community and all SWG players.

I know this post may get flamed, but it is only expected. There have been many rumors around the forums, but my source is a bit more than a rumor. I have been a member of the Jedi Community for a long while, and a member of SWG since the beginning. What I am about to disclose to you is top secret SOE stuff so to speak.

I have a friend whose uncle is a SOE employee. (I would give his name here, but I was advised not to because I do not wish to jepordize that individuals job. Anyways, I told my friend to ask his Uncle "What is going on with jedi recently, and why all the nerfing and changes?" He did, indeed ask him, and the response was shocking. I cancelled my account immediately after hearing this. I am not advising you to do this, but since the SWG Community Relations, and Devs will not answer all of these issues, I felt obligated to inform the community of my disturbing findings.

Here we go........

1.- Jedi are being phased into a regular profession, that will be selectable from the beginning of the game. This is the reason so many nerfs appear to be hitting jedi recently. They are attempting to slowly transition jedi into a normal class. They have not and will not inform the community about this, because it will enrage the vets. But they are hoping to keep everyone quiet while they work on this. They are also counting on the fact that more and more players will be influenced to buy the game, if jedi are immediately selectable. The bottom line is their numbers show that more players have quit the game because they were lazy and didnt want to work for jedi, as opposed to players who complain about jedi, but will not quit. They are hoping that subscription rates will soar if Jedi are immediately selectable, because jedi is the reason most players buy this game. This is also the reason why pearls/ FRS have been removed, so that vets will slowly become accustomed to being converted, and hopefully stay with the game.

2.- All melee classes are being removed. The bottom line is that SOE feels that melee professions do not appear in the movies, and they will remove them from the game. The current status of Ranged professions being dominate is all in their grand scheme of things. They are hoping that most melee players will switch their templates to Ranged now, so that when they eliminate all melee, there wont be enough of them left to cause an uproar. Therfore everyone in game will be A.- A jedi B.- Ranged C.- Crafter, Entertainer, or other. All remaining melee players will be given a respec period.

3.- All grinding is going to be removed. All leveling will soon be quest based and not grinding. Example: You will need to run to a trainer, get missions from him, he will teach you a skill box, back to step one. They are hoping that this will keep the playerbase more nethralled with the game, and get the quest based system they have always wanted.

Now the reason this may all seem far fetched to you, is because so many people on these forums cry wolf, and start rumors. but I assure you, this is the reason we dont get the responses we are looking for. Alot of people complained about the CU, but once they played it, they became adjusted and despite their complaints they still stayed subscribed. If they announced all this now, it would cause mass mahem and anger, so they will keep it quiet until it goes live, and then we are stuck with a "Like it or leave it" option. And the bottom line is (it has been proven) we will still play it.
    Also, cancelled jedi accounts are a given in this, but look at it from the outside, ALOT of new players will also spawn out of this mess, because jedi will be made readily available to them.

I did not get any info on the Jedi vs. BH situation, or other important issues, but they did make it clear that there will be no more alpha classes in this game. Also do not shoot the OP, or myself. He is a messenger for me (since my account was banned) and I am a messenger from another, and I simply feel obligated to inform you all.

So if you flame me, that is fine. I am not a troll nor a rumor starter, and it is your choice alone on what you want to believe. I am simply warning you all that this will come to pass.

Lest we forget...

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• GorairGorair Member Posts: 959

oh man i rememebr that post ... and all the bans that resulted because it was a "rumor and not true at all"

The starter kit "rumor" earned me one of my 3 day vacations from SOE forums because it was a misprint and wasnt a product...

They had to fire tiggs after she realized she bold faced lied to us about that kit ,and took our side over her own job.

so yeah ,we were told , but no one beleived it until it was too late. SOE did its best to stamp out this "rumor" and many many many many peolpe got perma banned in the forums and game for asking questions and demanding a answer to is this for real.

thats the company SOE is ,they kicked players out of the game because they wanted to know if this was true. Just asking got you a trip to ban-land.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

• WordaenWordaen Member Posts: 203
    Welp, I got perma banned from their "forums" for posting my opinion of the "CU". Their email to me said I was no longer allowed access under my account due to comments deemed to be "unproductive and not condiusive to the SWG gaming community". I never cussed, flamed or made any reference to them but I did post what I did not like about the "new game". That told me that their "forum moderators" were not interested in actual opinions but  wanted to keep the ose colored glasses on and hide the shit that the game turned into. After that email, I did respond and tell the "customer service rep" to perform an anatomical impossibility to himself and his company, logged in, gave away around 4 or 5 mil credits in 100k tips to everyone I saw and gave away everything in my two houses. I then cancelled my account immediately after that.

Sony is not interested in player opinions if they are negative at all. And that's the pathetic thing about them. A GOOD company takes that constructive criticism and uses it to better its product. A good company loistens to the people who pay them and makes informed decisions based on overall input. This company is all about the bottom line regardless of how it affects their static income. They would rather wax an estimated 70k subs for the hope of gaining new ones. Pretty stupid to voluntarily wipe that much static guaranteed income if you ask me.

If I acted like Sony does and blew off my clients that I currently have because they have older computers or can't afford the big upgrades I charge for in the hope I will get "richer" clients who can, I would be out of business. Those older clients who pay me to maintain their PCs and tutor them are my bread and butter. Their comments to others about my services are what generate business for me more than any advertising or spin doctoring I might do. Screw them and everyone hears about it. Maybe the assclowns running SOE need to go back to business school and remember that the people they screw over are the ones who keep them employed.

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

Originally posted by Wordaen 

Those older clients who pay me to maintain their PCs and tutor them are my bread and butter. Their comments to others about my services are what generate business for me more than any advertising or spin doctoring I might do.

You just made me realize why they would do something as stupid as pissing off half of their customers knowingly.  Here is the problem.  SOE thinks like this:

The existing playerbase's opinion does not matter to us ....
    So why should it matter to anybody else?

Talk about being pretentious, arrogant, and pompous butt nuggets!  I have no stomach for arrogant self aggrandizing people.  /Puke on them all.

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
    I've had 3 accounts forum permabanned for much the same thing.  Never used a forbidden word, never flamed or trolled.  Indeed, people who do that all the time usually get slaps on the wrists.

No, what I've figured out is that posts that are critical of what they have done, that are logically constructed, and worse, PERSUASIVE are what they fear most, and that is what I and others who are on their forum verboten list did.

Indeed, they'd rather lock, delete, ban posts made by people like us because of that and leave the trashy, flame/troll childish posts to make our side look bad.