Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Several Questions

Shalak1989Shalak1989 Member Posts: 96

Ok I am considering playing shadowbane but I wanted to get some questions out of the way before I do.

1. How long is the grind if you play it dedicatedly

The reason im asking this is the thing I like doing the most in mmorpgs is pvp so if I have to spend 2 months grinding away I don't want to play this game because I know im probably going to find leveling boring.

2. For each class are there a lot of skills/spells?

3. If you had to compare this games skill/spell system,variety, and number which mmorpg would you compare it to WoW,galaxies, or everquest?

4. Is the pvp in this game mostly based on uber equipment?

5. Is the PvE fun in anyway or is pretty boring?

6. I like a character with diversity in his attacks damage,cc, etc... I am thinking this is probably a bard (I am thinking back to the EQ bard) but I am not sure. I prefer to be able to do multiple jobs in a party/pvp I am also thinking bard yet again. However I have never played shadowbane so if I did play what character would you suggest I play and can bards dual wield? I suppose if the answer is bard for diversity I would ask next how similar he is to EQ's bard. Also if you could tell me build/stat information for such a character It would be appreciated thats not nessicary though just a request if you can just tell me in a minute or less I don't want anyone to do tons of research or anything for such a question >_> I am hoping its simple.

Well these are my questions thank you to anyone who answers them in advance:)

Comments

• jdkskipjdkskip Member UncommonPosts: 120

1. Get in a guild. A good guild can you to 60 in a week or 2.

2. Yes, too many to mention.

3. Don't know, haven't played Galaxies or Everquest.

4. PvP is mostly based on groups. Get in a guild. But solo, uber equipment will help, depends on who you're fighting.

5. Not really fun, but leveling is fairly quick and I didn't mind it.

6. Most bards were used for support in the guild I was in but they can do some damage like any other toon. They are also a more advanced toon to play. I suggest for your first toon something a little easier to get the feel of the game and to find a guild to join. This game is really about guild warfare and though you can go solo, it a rough unenjoyable road.

• Shalak1989Shalak1989 Member Posts: 96
    ah ok... without a guild if I played 2 hours a day or so would it take me months to level?... and I take it I need a guild for this uber equipment. I am also thinking pvp in this game might be time consuming as well ;(.
  • jdkskipjdkskip Member UncommonPosts: 120

Yea, probably a month or two solo depending on the server.

The uber equipment can be bought from other players, but will be expensive for the most part.

PvP isn't time consuming at all. You can PvP anyone, almost any where. Just run around, find someone and attack ( after Level 20, and having a tracking rune really helps to locate people ). But the best fighting experience is usaully guild on guild/group on group which will take just a few minutes. But, if bane-ing another town, can take any where from 1/2 an hour to 8+ hours.

• theratmonkeytheratmonkey Member Posts: 684
    I've been playing it.
    Only thing about it I don't like so far is the movement controls.
    I might just be used to Anarchy and Warcraft, but I like the "FPS type" controls rather than point and click.
    I love the way the world looks though.

So far.
    I have a Dwarf fighter right now, and it's kind of hard to get him up, because I have no clue where to go in the starting area.

Groovy.

• KlorinKlorin Member Posts: 37
    1. if you find a good guild they can get you 75 in about 3 days.

2. The most indepth class/race/spells system out of any MMO

3. Higher then all 3 and better

4. No i can log on a lvl 40 toon and kill a 75 easy its based on skill

5. pve is boring, but its a pvp game. so just get pled to 75

6. Bard is a very fun class to play. there are alot of ways you can build it and it always will keep you happy.

• Shalak1989Shalak1989 Member Posts: 96
    ah didn't realize this game was point and click before I DL'd it:(
  • MaxziusMaxzius Member UncommonPosts: 248

Originally posted by Shalak1989
    ah didn't realize this game was point and click before I DL'd it:(

Yes.  Very annoying at first, but you'll get used to it.

I hate to say this, but find a guild.  Alot of people say that about games, but in this game it is an absolute MUST for a new player.  This game is about guild vs guild warfare and without one you, honestly, will find the game extremely difficult, frustrating and, on top of that, you will not get nearly as much out of the game solo as you will with friends that you can trust.

Just my $0.02

EDIT -- Should probably help you out in finding one, huh?  ;)    Go to the SB Forums and check the recruitment posts on the server that you decided to play on.  Shadowbane Forums Clicky

=====================
    -Just My Thoughts-
    Max

Currently playing: Nothing