Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favorite All-time Profession

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Wildcat84

Originally posted by Malickiebloo
    Fencer With , pistoleer and Doc . :

I always loved the tells I got from jedi saying .

"Wtf, Why in the hell can't I Dizzy or Kd you ? , Or the follow up "damn thats a nice gaderffi" .

Fencer by itself sucked.

Fencer plus ANYTHING else was the perfect complimentary stack...  When I added Fencer to Swordsman...  Damn, I could grind Pikets/etc without armor...

Fencer in no way sucked :P , For one I loved its animations .I'll have to also add just about any profession by itself was worthless in combat . Fencer had a lot of defence oriented stats , Dodge etc... They were also equipped with a decent posture change ability and accuracy , Plus speed . K'd as a fencer were very easy to accomplish , With a simple dizzy posture change . On top of that their speed was only surpased in melee by Tkm's . Who also had high defence but were not equpiped with the dodge bonuses of fencer . So hits tended to be about equal . Not to mention DOts were very common for a fencer , Which was another offensive  bonus.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• dacia72dacia72 Member Posts: 80
    WS of course - can not be a bigger pleasure to create a unique weapon

DAKSHA - the Weaponsmith
    proud member of KDS

SWG- DAKSHA, Quietus, Decebal, Deceneu -retired
    EVE - Daksha - retired
    WOW - Daksha - retired
    COV - Daksha - retired
    EQ2- Daksha - retired
    SOR- Daksha - retired
    Vanguard - Daksha - retired
    LOTRO - Daksha - retired
    AOC - Daksha - retired
    Warhammer - Daksha - retired
    Aion - Daksha -almost retired
    Waiting for SWTOR

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304

"Wtf, Why in the hell can't I Dizzy or Kd you ? , Or the follow up "damn thats a nice gaderffi" .

Fencer by itself sucked.

Fencer plus ANYTHING else was the perfect complimentary stack...  When I added Fencer to Swordsman...  Damn, I could grind Pikets/etc without armor...

Fencer in no way sucked :P , For one I loved its animations .I'll have to also add just about any profession by itself was worthless in combat . Fencer had a lot of defence oriented stats , Dodge etc... They were also equipped with a decent posture change ability and accuracy , Plus speed . K'd as a fencer were very easy to accomplish , With a simple dizzy posture change . On top of that their speed was only surpased in melee by Tkm's . Who also had high defence but were not equpiped with the dodge bonuses of fencer . So hits tended to be about equal . Not to mention DOts were very common for a fencer , Which was another offensive  bonus.

True. My overall favorite was Swordsman, simply because nothing could do as much damage as quickly as a stacked Master Swordsman except a Jedi..

Plus Sword had the best mind attack short of MCM.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Fencer by itself sucked.

True. My overall favorite was Swordsman, simply because nothing could do as much damage as quickly as a stacked Master Swordsman except a Jedi..

Plus Sword had the best mind attack short of MCM.

Swordsman could be very hard to beat if played right , And a proper PVP build . Do you remember Dakinn? His old main was an awesome Swordsman /tk/brawler build . He was almost impossible to take down unless I resorted to dots which I rarely did in duels . Not to mention itallion or Virachocha both hard ass people to kill and both dished out insane damage .

I almost forgot another huge offensive ability fencers had , Stun damage :P

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• StarnickStarnick Member Posts: 140

For me, commando.

From pre-launch I wanted to be a commando, and since July 19th 2003 I was a "pure" commando (built my template -around- profession, not used it as a supplement for another) for pre-CU and CU. I still love it because Ive always loved the notion of a special forces group (ie Republic Commando) that are crazy but deadly pyromaniacs and toters of BFGs.

• HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649
    Master swordsman/Master doc.

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

• airborne519airborne519 Member Posts: 542

I don't remember the exact temp. but I enjoyed BH/CH.  before CH was nerfed the 1st. time.

But, once I unlocked Jedi from holo-grinding... that was the most fun, since Jedi had to remain a secret, or end up being flagged by all to attack once the candle was lit. The pvp was fun back then.. *sigh*

• jck87jck87 Member UncommonPosts: 54

Artisan

I just loved the crafting aspect of the game. Starting out with just basics and gathering all resource myself could keep me entertained for hours. It didn't really matter what I was making, but I always liked having done something from scratch. That is why I did loads of other professions aswell since they would unlock even more crafting options.

• lordkaslordkas Member Posts: 78

Pistoleer/Creature Handler/ Some Medic. I loved the first two more than anything and chose to use medic just so I could do some quick healing and make my own decent stims.

Lothor Crestingwalker
    Corbantis
    SWG Vet
    Subbed 7-19-03
    Cancelled various times
    I hate the NGE

• ThortureThorture Member Posts: 7
    Combat Medic, truly a fun class :)

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443
    Id have to say spy, i relally like the diversity it brings to the table and you cant go wrong with a stealthy assassin type build.

• Daed710Daed710 Member Posts: 134

Politician

So many reasons, and yet so hard to explain.   It was the sense of doing something for the greater good, giving the m8s a place they were proud to call home, creating something and watching it grow and become its own entity, knowing every inch of the land and developing it to its full potential, being the guardian of a sacred place and truly caring for its wellbeing, the sense of responsibility and honor felt for being entrusted with such a thing, all this and much much more.

It was the community though that made it all worth it, without them it couldve never been done or even aspired to.   It was to them that my loyalty was given, and nothing made me prouder than serving the citizens of our beloved city of Elysium.  /deepbow

"Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now.
    We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"

• ObiganObigan Member Posts: 68

Master Creature Handler 

It was fun growing up  pets and making them powerful   boosting them with skills and stuff  

or training  other people  pets

sometimes id catch bunch of  rabbits and  less than lv 10 monsters and  give them to people around just for fun.

last days  before NGE i spent  fortune on  some monsters 

i bought alot of them

i had bunch of pets  

example :

Level 70 Rancor                                           level 70 Razor

2 level 35 Rancors (The Crazy Twins)             2 levle 35 Razors

3 level 23 Rancors                                       3 lvl 23 Razors

and the list goes one for every level 70 pet i had.. there ws  2 lv 35 same type and 3 lvl 23 same type

and some  pre-cu pets  i bought them for alot of money they were good  

i bought a Kimo for  millions and i tought him some badass skills >.> and i used him in PVP he was awsome

and he never lost in petvspet  fights that i used to do with my friends 

i had my own little world >.>   and it was kinda fun i remember sometimes    i had loads of  pet food and  stempacks or w/e its name was and

i was just taking care of everyone pets around the town 

i was  Stev Erwin of SWG 

• gmmonkeygmmonkey Member Posts: 194
    Pistoleer with smuggler x4x4 and BH x4x4 ( ithink icant remember the trees). It kicked ass! I loved fan shot! I was really powerful with my de-10. I'd run all the way to the acklay from the entrance and feign death in its chamber and lie there until the acklay spawned. It was amazing. I loved it. My dps was insane.
  • gmmonkeygmmonkey Member Posts: 194
    Actually, I loved combat medic also. /dragging people was cool. Especially in the dwb when everyone would get wiped out in a room and I'd be the only one standing.
  • HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    The one I have liked the most was the Creature Handler. Very diverse and lots of fun stuff to do. Not the most succesful class I have played, by far, but the one that made me smile the most.

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• suskesuske Member Posts: 714
    ranger. i loved hunting. had many crafter friends.
  • GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514

Master Smuggler / Pistoleer / Master Weaponsmith 

Try making one of those now.

• FreelancerA4FreelancerA4 Member Posts: 145
    Pistoleer. Never left that profession from the time I got novice to the last day of the CU.

• Shanks123Shanks123 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    carbineer all the way played it from pre-cu to end of cu

I'm Here. I'm Awesome. Get Used To It.

• NiksenNiksen Member Posts: 66

Bio engineer / rifle was great. did alot of business and could join hunts when in the mood for some action.

brgds

• sweethingsweething Member Posts: 15
    I had 5 chars so hard to say what i liked the most, bounty hunter/ combat medic was fun for pvp and crafting tailor/ chef/ merchant was fun made good money running 120 harvey 30 factirys, just took about 2 hours aday keeping up with everything and filling orders lol. but ya that game is done gone not to fun for me anymore.
  • chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118
    Wow, now this one is tough.....   I loved Pike/Doc vehemently, but Creature Handler will always have a dear place in my heart.  CH is what got me addicted to SWG, I miss my Greater Sludge Panthers to this day.  

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• JediGeekJediGeek Member Posts: 446
    I did most of the combat professions at one timeor another.  TKM was my overall favorite.  I liked pistoleer but it was too underpowered for PvP.  Using BH pistols was pretty good, or the smuggler dirty fighting tree before it was nerfed.  I loved TK though.

SWG Tempest: Cardo Dycen RIP
    Eve: Cardoh Dycen
    I support random drug testing for all SOE employees

• snoops99snoops99 Member Posts: 12
    i was a master combat medic/master doc from launch. definitely the most important professions in the game.

the best part was that the result of a battle could be determined on whether or not i was being targeted. if someone targeted me and got me (i usually went down fast if someone could figure out what i was doing lol), our team usually wiped. if no one got me.. we usually had no casualties. such powerful professions!