Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10 Questions about GW..

WiruWiru Member Posts: 23

1. Can you have pets?

2. Can you use a controller with the game?

3. Can you walk? (I have seen alot of videos and have never seen anyone walking)

4. Can you daul wield? or will you be able to daul wield weapons in the future?

5. Are there alot of different equips? or are you always seeing your twin? ><

6. Is there music in the game?

7. Are there alot of areas and zones?

8. Can you lvl more then one job, like can you be playing warrior and decide to switch to ranger? or do you need to have a whole new character to be a different job?

9. The gfx look real good, are they as nice as they look in the videos?

10. Is there a bank where you can put your money and equipment?

Comments

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581
    Please go to these sites and read them over

http://www.gwonline.net/
    http://www.guildwarsguru.com/
    http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page

If you are not willing to do that I doubt you will get any long term enjoyment out of Guild Wars.

1. yes
    2. don't think so
    3. don't think so
    4. Not really.  If you take dagger mastery you do hold two knives, but it is more looks then anything else.
    5.  not really much differences depends if you are playing pve or PvP
    6. yes
    7. sure
    8. Yes, At creation you chose a profession, your stuck with this choice but you later get to choose a secondary profession, you can change your secondary profession as many times as you want once you reach a certain point in the game.
    9. Um, click on the home page of MMOrpg.com click on guild wars then screen shots.
    10.  Yes, all your chars share the same bank.

But seriously read thoose sites.  Every question that could be asked about Guild Wars that has an answer is dicussed somewhere on thoses sites. 

• brocklesnarbrocklesnar Member Posts: 50

Originally posted by Wiru

1. Can you have pets? Only people with Ranger primary or secondary can have a pet. However there are mini pets that are going around that don't do much cept look funny

2. Can you use a controller with the game? No, thats not possible

3. Can you walk? (I have seen alot of videos and have never seen anyone walking) In a way you can. If you move against a wall or barrier then your character will walk.

4. Can you daul wield? or will you be able to daul wield weapons in the future? Assassins do technically dual wield as Bent says. Just not in the same way as in other games.

5. Are there alot of different equips? or are you always seeing your twin? >< The level of custimisation isn't huge but it's good enough. Plus you can have multiple armor set ups and use dye to change it's colour.

6. Is there music in the game? There is and I like most of it. You can listen to samples of it at http://www.directsong.com/ I believe

7. Are there alot of areas and zones? Yes, there are lots to find

8. Can you lvl more then one job, like can you be playing warrior and decide to switch to ranger? or do you need to have a whole new character to be a different job? Well, you can change your characters secondary profession (Though not from the start, you have to earn the ability to do it) but all the professions have a Primary attribute and therefore a Ranger/Warrior would be worse as a warrior than a Warrior/Ranger.

9. The gfx look real good, are they as nice as they look in the videos? The graphics are excellent and seem even better in Nightfall due to Anet taking advantage of DirectX 9.

10. Is there a bank where you can put your money and equipment? There is a storage for all characters but it is limited in size.

Currently playing: World of Warcraft. Love the Recruit a Friend program!

Waiting for WAR.

• BronxChuloBronxChulo Member Posts: 166
    Wow!  Do people actually take the time to visit a games website anymore, and read up on the game?  I mean come on. 
  • BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581
    Of course not.  How many people complained that Guild Wars is 100% instanced when it released?  You could of read any FAQ and figured that out in 5seconds and fogone the purchase.

How many people complained Druids/Monks were in DDO when it released.  Once again a 5min read of a FAQ and you'd of known. 

The really runny stuff is when someone does buy the game and THEN asks all the above questions.  Like the answers really hold meaning anymore.  The whole "I just bought GW, is level 20 really the cap, that seems too low?  I hope not cause if it is I wasted my money."
  • theklitmastatheklitmasta Member Posts: 31

1. Can you have pets?-Yes but you must be a ranger as first or second class

2. Can you use a controller with the game?-not sure

3. Can you walk? (I have seen alot of videos and have never seen anyone walking)-yes

4. Can you daul wield? or will you be able to daul wield weapons in the future?-Think maybe

5. Are there alot of different equips? or are you always seeing your twin? ><-quite a lot as you make your own armour

6. Is there music in the game?yup old medieval stuff =]

7. Are there alot of areas and zones?yes,you do a quest which destroys the place then thats were u really start getting places to go theres a massive map!

8. Can you lvl more then one job, like can you be playing warrior and decide to switch to ranger? or do you need to have a whole new character to be a different job?- well you can be too jobs you start as watever you want to be then when u do a few quests you get a "second profession"

9. The gfx look real good, are they as nice as they look in the videos?-yuh however you need a decent graphics card to run them

10. Is there a bank where you can put your money and equipment?Yep

• bugzapperbugzapper Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by Wiru

1. Can you have pets?
    You can have 1 pet if your first or secondary profession is ranger. You can change that pet anytime.

2. Can you use a controller with the game?
    You could use a programmable controller. Since the movement is usually point and click you wouldn't need it, but every controller that is programmable to behave like arrow keys will work fine.

3. Can you walk? (I have seen alot of videos and have never seen anyone walking)
    No. Guild Wars community is fast paced as the adventures are.

4. Can you daul wield? or will you be able to daul wield weapons in the future?
    There are 1handed, 2 handed and dual handed weapons. The only one able to use dual wield is the Factions Assassin. (daggers)

5. Are there alot of different equips? or are you always seeing your twin? ><
    There are a lot of different "skins" but fortunatly the items almost all have very comparable stats on them. So you don't need to item camp 24/7 in order to be competetive.

6. Is there music in the game?
    Yes.

7. Are there alot of areas and zones?
    Yes.

8. Can you lvl more then one job, like can you be playing warrior and decide to switch to ranger? or do you need to have a whole new character to be a different job?
    You level your level which results in skillpoints. You have a primary class which you cannot change. You can change your secondary profession anytime and buy new skills or recover old ones. Since levelling doesn't take too long it wouldn't be hard to change first profession also. In order to test professions you can build a max level char for PvP purpose in a matter of minutes.

9. The gfx look real good, are they as nice as they look in the videos?
    Not sure what oyu have seen in the videos, but graphics is great to superior!

10. Is there a bank where you can put your money and equipment?
    Yes. You have a storage chest where you store items and money which you can access in all cities, PvP Areas and Guild Halls. Fortunatly this chest can be accessed by ALL your characters so you can transfer items easily.

Will you buy it now? :-p