Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A very wise post, by Blazinblades.

KenshuAniKenshuAni Member CommonPosts: 851

Link

Originally posted by BlazinBlades

I see I understand so you come in here to basically give your own slate on things so that others are also kept informed about the state of the game as you see it, I understand. So from that, one is able to, and allowed to go over to the SWG Refuge section and basically report about improvements in the game, talk about how the game is getting better, how  there are less bugs in the game now then before and more are continuing to be fixed,  able to post and talk about more good content being added into the game,  and also post information from SOE employees about improvements ion the game, and also post  about people in the gaming industry who see SWG beginning to improve and get better. Excellent, now I understand how the two forums work, however I do not see why there was a separation then, since now all we got is basically two general forums with two different names instead of just one as we did before. Bring it on down now.

Note the italic section.

Comments

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
    I am actually for the split.  For one thing it formally recognizes us and our cause.  Second it does give the NGE fans (all 4 of them) their own sandbox forum.  Of course they don't like a sandbox GAME, but I digress.

Really, I don't see much point for NGE people posting here anyway, they have the official forums.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Originally posted by Wildcat84
    I am actually for the split.  For one thing it formally recognizes us and our cause.  Second it does give the NGE fans (all 4 of them) their own sandbox forum.  Of course they don't like a sandbox GAME, but I digress.

Really, I don't see much point for NGE people posting here anyway, they have the official forums.

Just to argue really
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• UbermanUberman Member Posts: 340

Many of us were already making that point to them persistently in the original forum.  However, by giving them their own forum, MMORPG apparently doesn't agree with that sentiment.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Uberman

Many of us were already making that point to them persistently in the original forum.  However, by giving them their own forum, MMORPG apparently doesn't agree with that sentiment.

Why should they ? In order for someone to judge whether or not to buy SWG . Shouldn't they be able to hear both sides opinions ? It is also a Star Wars galaxies forum , It makes sense that some members actually play the game.

@ Feliis If you want them to go away , How does that make you any better than SOE ?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• MrArchyMrArchy Member Posts: 643

I'm against it because it effectively isolates us in a forum that new readers are less likely to visit.  Review the description of each forum - most new players will visit the other and thus the message we're trying to get out is diluted.  Further, should they visit, they'll probably perceive us as a bunch of bitter ex-vets with nothing else better to do - true of some, for certain, but there are many good people trying to communicate the serious and persistent flaws of $OE and SWG, and that message will be much more easily overlooked.  They have effectively bottlenecked us.  Further, I don't believe the rationale that was given - I don't think there was excessive flaming of noobs, I don't think they couldn't get their questions answered, and I don't think we were driving them off.  I saw more Refugees offer the "try the trial and see for yourself" than anything else.  We haven't been legitimized, we've been marginalized.

SWG Veteran and Refugee, Intrepid server
    NGE free as of Nov. 22, 2005
    Now Playing: World of Warcrack
    Forum Terrorist

• KenshuAniKenshuAni Member CommonPosts: 851

Originally posted by MrArchy

I'm against it because it effectively isolates us in a forum that new readers are less likely to visit.  Review the description of each forum - most new players will visit the other and thus the message we're trying to get out is diluted.  Further, should they visit, they'll probably perceive us as a bunch of bitter ex-vets with nothing else better to do - true of some, for certain, but there are many good people trying to communicate the serious and persistent flaws of $OE and SWG, and that message will be much more easily overlooked.  They have effectively bottlenecked us.  Further, I don't believe the rationale that was given - I don't think there was excessive flaming of noobs, I don't think they couldn't get their questions answered, and I don't think we were driving them off.  I saw more Refugees offer the "try the trial and see for yourself" than anything else.  We haven't been legitimized, we've been marginalized.

/agree

• RabiaRabia Member Posts: 622

Originally posted by KenshuAni

/agree

/said well

I respectfully disagree.  And as a Pre-Cu vet, and a Pre-NGE Jedi, I will offer you a logical and thinking counter argument.

There are 3 types of MMO players who come to MMORPG.COM to read the SWG forum.

1. Disgruntled Pre-CU and Pre-NGE vets who use this as our hub.

2. The tiny amount of Pro-NGE people who like it enough to come here to defend and discuss it rather than doing it on the SOE forums.  These people will never be dissuaded from their point of view no matter what.

3. Prospective SWG subscribers who come here, to the best of the neutral MMO hub sites to see what players of SWG think about it.

Group 1 is us (duh), and we are some portion of the ~200K subs that were lost by the CUNGE.

Group 2 represents the 2-5%% who will agree religiously with whomever is in charge no matter what they decide to do.  They represent the rabid "we love SOE" vocal minority of the <100K subs left by the CUNGE cataclysm.

Group 3 is the bunch WE want to influence.  And when they see the SWG section and THIS being the ONLY forum of it's type, and with vastly more posts than the "current" forum (not to mention our forum is at the TOP of the list) they are GOING to read it.  I applaud what MMORPG did, does any other MMO have an official "disgruntled former customers pissed off because the people who run the game are idiots" forum?  That group represents the people SOE was hoping would replace us, but never did, because they found out what was done to us and didn't want it to happen to them, the game now completely sucking and being unfun notwithstanding.

I am all for the NGE'ers having their own forum.  They like the game.  Hey, fine, I am not against them liking their game.  I am not advocating them losing it either, that would be as wrong as what was done to us.  What I want to see are classic servers so we both can have our games and play and have fun instead of flame SOE/LEC on forums.

Indeed, as I've stated before, the NGE'ers, if they really love and want to keep their game had BETTER join us in getting classic servers opened by SOE, because there is not a snowball's chance in hell their game lasts next year with the subscriber trend...

• jrgambitjrgambit Member Posts: 157
    Until this guy remembers to thank me for my time, i refuse to read any annoying purple text.

--------------------
    SWG - Killed by $OE
    WOW - Retired
    Playing WAR

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Originally posted by jrgambit
    Until this guy remembers to thank me for my time, i refuse to read any annoying purple text.

"Bring it on down now" has replaced "thank you for your time"
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• bigfootsbigfoots Member Posts: 198
    ROFL!

Proud Master CH -
    Sorry,
    Proud FORMER Master CH...
    my toon was untimely converted into something more Star Warsy

• MrArchyMrArchy Member Posts: 643
    Well, Stradden has changed the forum description, it now much more likely to get newer players to visit, so my argument lacks some of the punch it previously had.  Thank you Stradden for rephrasing that.

SWG Veteran and Refugee, Intrepid server
    NGE free as of Nov. 22, 2005
    Now Playing: World of Warcrack
    Forum Terrorist

Well, Stradden has changed the forum description, it now much more likely to get newer players to visit, so my argument lacks some of the punch it previously had.  Thank you Stradden for rephrasing that.

And they favor our side even more :)

SWG is like history.

If you don't learn what happened in the past you are doomed to repeat it.  CU...  NGE...

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529
    I'm just glad he isn't posting in that annoying red. Sure, he's still using annoying 8 foot tall letters, but it's a start.

Of course if he thinks he can come here and spout dev lies he'll be enjoing a brand new cornhole, wouldn't you think?

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118
    Hmm...    Now theres a contradiction in terms for you.   Blazinblades and wise post in the same sentence.  Who would have thunk it?  

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• JediGeekJediGeek Member Posts: 446

Originally posted by chlaos
    Hmm...    Now theres a contradiction in terms for you.   Blazinblades and wise post in the same sentence.  Who would have thunk it?  

I can't put the two things together without getting a headache.  It's like a paradox.

SWG Tempest: Cardo Dycen RIP
    Eve: Cardoh Dycen
    I support random drug testing for all SOE employees

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118

Originally posted by JediGeek

Originally posted by chlaos
    I can't put the two things together without getting a headache.  It's like a paradox.

LOL... exactly.  If I didnt have a hangover, I would wonder what was causing my doublevision and my guess would be trying to put these two diametrically opposite thoughts into the same state of consciousness.....

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin