Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Least Fav SW movie moment

K, so every time I see Ep. 3, at the beginning, when Anakin is piloting General Greivous' ship down to Coruscant with Obi-Wan, Palpatine, and R2 in tow, it happens.  The ship, glowing brilliant red from the atmospheric friction, plunging downward, external temperature at 8k C or something like that, and Obi-Wan announces "We've entered the atmosphere!" 

............no kidding...............

............that's why the ship has been heating up so badly and is glowing like an ember.  Moron.

Everytime I see it , I wince.  I'd have thought Jedi were smarter than that.  Especially Obi-Wan.

So what's your least fav movie moment?  Any reason will do.

SWG Veteran and Refugee, Intrepid server
NGE free as of Nov. 22, 2005
Now Playing: World of Warcrack
Forum Terrorist

Comments

• SelothSeloth Member Posts: 388

Sigh,

honestly i could live with the gungans, especially after ewoks. I hated about all of the moments with ewoks in it. not sure why, they jsut really put me off. then came the ewok christmass special......

• LeelLeel Member Posts: 455

'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'

May be the worst movie moment ever.

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

Originally posted by Leel

Agreed.

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489
    Come on.... "Me-sa name is Jar JAr Binks..." And the movie was basiclly over there... If MAul hadn't been so cool, that movie would have gone down as one of the worst in history...

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

it has to do close to the same thing as the OP

when the ship lands (crashes) obi wan says " another happy landing"

that line does not seem to fit. when was the first happy landing. its like an inside joke where only obi wan an danakin know abot. the viewer has no idea.

and the fight in return of the jedi on jaba's barge. luke is suposed to be a master jedi, or at least a night. i realize he has had almost no training in weilding a lightsaber.. but comon... the guy is just swinging a baseball bat while every one runs around him instead of attacking him. im sure little anakin would have given a better fight.

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

Episode 1...

The conversation around the Skywalker table where Anakin convinces his mom that he wants to enter the pod race, and JarJar eats fruit. Worst scene ever in a SW movie. I think somewhere George actually apologised for it, but said it was necessary for pacing purposes.

Boo!

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803
    i hope we dont get every scene of all 6 movies

• DasharrDasharr Member Posts: 43

All of the "romantic" scenes in Attack of the Clones. At the point where Anakin said, "I'm in agony...", I really had to struggle to keep from laughing.

Dasharr Eandall, SWG, Smuggler/Pistoleer (retired after 2.5+ years)

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

Hmm..tuff one.

Can I just say:

Ep 1,2 and 3 ?

From the dialogue(horrid horrid horrid!) to the "luuuuuuuv story" (oh my friggin god!) to the battle scenes (March up in Civil war formations, perform ww1 assault, please use no tactics, just zerg the enemy) to the friggin storyline itself (I've seen children books with storylines that make more sense, fit together better and way more complex and exciting!)!

imageThe last of the Trackers

• sickboy_ukuksickboy_ukuk Member Posts: 26
    Any part with Hayden Christian in it.

• RappletekRappletek Member Posts: 70

'that is the sound of a thousand terrible things headded this way'

reason... because at that exact moment you know they are going to save him... and you'll be stuck with him for the rest of the next 2 films..

World of Darkness its coming are you excited?

• MorriganeMorrigane Member Posts: 152

My least favorite movie moments? Hmmmm.

Episodes 1, 2, & 3.

So'fe Sose, Naritus, SWG- Forcibly Retired
    Friends don't let friends SWG...

• Darklighter1Darklighter1 Member UncommonPosts: 250

Originally posted by sickboy_ukuk
    Any part with Hayden Christian in it.

Crap you took my answer!  ;)  Seriously, Lucas cast Hayden saying "he does 'Dark Side' well".  So I waited for Episode III to see if the horrible acting in II would be justified by a spectacular performance in III.  Um.....no.  Hayden is a HORRIBLE actor.  He talks in monotone and made "Non Suit Vader" look like a guy who "wants to look really evil but really is just a whiney kid".  It would have ruined the entire movie for me if not for the performances of Ewan (Obi-Wan) and Ian (Palpatine).  Those 2 did a phenominal job with their roles!
  • ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529
    Everything from the first 3 episodes that didn't have Mace Windu in it.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• SODAofBRIASODAofBRIA Member Posts: 351

The new trilogy sucks...

The acting is horrid (to be expected in a George Lucas Joint), and when you pair that with an unexciting plot the movies just plain suck. They have a few moments of SW glory but nothing like the original trilogy.

My least favorite part of the original trilogy would be the crap GL added to the original prints (Jabba walking, Han not shooting first, etc).
    Aside from those additions, it would be the Ewoks and quite a bit of stuff from ROTJ to be honest.

Love, Sodapop

• ReachwindReachwind Member Posts: 275

So many to choose from...

The ewok scenes from RotJ, Jabba rock from the added scenes, Han Solo stepping on Jabba's tail in the added scenes, Jar Jar and any Anakin scenes from Episode 1, any of the dialog from Episode 2 or 3....

I guess the Anakin/jar jar/Padme dinner table scene just before the pod races in Episode 1 is the single worst scene in all of the Star Wars movies. It was holiday special bad.

Former SWG beta tester and player

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

Originally posted by Shayde
    Everything from the first 3 episodes that didn't have Mace Windu in it.

"I am sick and tired of these mother ****ing Sith, in this mother ****ing galaxy!"
  • bigfootsbigfoots Member Posts: 198

It would have to be the first time that Jar-Jar binks opened his mouth.

Or the aforementioned and slated, 'Nooooooo!!!!!!!' from a rather angsty Vader.

Proud Master CH -
    Sorry,
    Proud FORMER Master CH...
    my toon was untimely converted into something more Star Warsy

• kimosabekimosabe Member Posts: 516
    While I do agree that any moment including good Anakin/Jar Jar/Ewoks is understatedly bad, my absolute least favorite moments would be the two or three line conversations between child Anakin and his annoying friend Kitster (sp?) in Ep1.

Je mettrai l'amour sur dos de moi.

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

Originally posted by Leel

Beat me to it. I remember laughing when it should have been a tramatic moment in the movie. Can't remember another movie where I ddi that.

I think second would have to be:

"I killed them all, the women and the children".....the most whiney scene of EP2.

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"