Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pic of NGE playersbase gimme gimme gimme

Where the bloody hell is my star destroyer!!! Blasts you soe blasts you!!!!

We're sitting in our offices thinking of ways to upset our paying customers. I think were on track to meet that goal.

John Smedley

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    I didn't think your posts could get any more lame , I guess I was wrong . 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SempaywSempayw Member Posts: 83

lol

wellcome to the Instant Gratification Generation.

Most suitable song for this would be Queens'I want it All.

I want it all,  I want it all  AND I want it NOW ¡¡¡¡

Thats what NGE is.

Originally posted by Sempayw

lol

Thats what NGE is.

Really ? What exactly is handed to an NGE player ? If anything they have to go through a lot more BS of a grind to get anything now .

Lets look at the difference , Pre-cu to get what was considered top of the line . All I had to do was run solo missions for a few hours and I would be set in credits  . Now You have to kill 500 of what ever NPC to get a lame  medal , Rinse and repeat until you have what is it like 800 medals? for one gun , Or one piece of armor ?

Unless we are talking about jedi , If that's the case who gives a **** ? To hell with JEdi .

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Originally posted by Malickiebloo

lol
    Thats what NGE is.

Really ? What exactly is handed to an NGE player ? If anything they have to go through a lot more BS of a grind to get anything now .

Lets look at the difference , Pre-cu to get what was considered top of the line . All I had to do was run solo missions for a few hours and I would be set in credits  . Now You have to kill 500 of what ever NPC to get a lame  medal , Rinse and repeat until you have what is it like 800 medals? for one gun , Or one piece of armor ?

Unless we are talking about jedi , If that's the case who gives a **** ? To hell with JEdi .

I don’t recall skills and guns instantly popping into my inventory
    Pre-CU.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• grinreapergrinreaper Member Posts: 507

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

lol
    Thats what NGE is.

I don’t recall skills and guns instantly popping into my inventory Pre-CU.

I don’t recall skills and guns instantly popping into my inventory Pre-CU.

or magic glowing lines cuz waypoints are too hard......like reading.
    or magic glowing lines cuz waypoints are too hard......like reading.

yes you have to kill 500 of what ever cause game now is based on no thinking nor difficulty thats why why you have to repeat an action 1000 times to get something.

What I meanly mean is that now when you create a character you get items that before NGE involved a time of learning and investigation ,besides money now is very easy to get and of course I wont forget those items like the portable mini starport lol. Suddenly first month of NGE all Krayt Dragons dropped premium pearls , and what about the materials to make a saber? When SOE realized everybody was crying that there were not spawning those materials they made it. I could say many things more.

isnt that InstantGratification?   Tell me then what it is supposed to be then.

lol
    Thats what NGE is.

I don’t recall skills and guns instantly popping into my inventory
    Pre-CU.

Instantly ? Aren't you forgetting the objectives that need to be completed first ?

• DelzoDelzo Member UncommonPosts: 143

lol
    Thats what NGE is.

Really ? What exactly is handed to an NGE player ?

Urm. JTL...Hyperdrive on starter ship...starter ground vehicle...Jedi...BARCs...Magical Ability to Heal...Insta-Travel...no serious death penalty...no reading...

Shall I continue?

I recognize your right to like NGE, but please don't try to say it's not way easier and simplified than Pre-CU. I've played both and it's way easier. And way boring.
  • nthnaounnthnaoun Member Posts: 1,438

yes you have to kill 500 of what ever cause game now is based on no thinking nor difficulty thats why why you have to repeat an action 1000 times to get something.
    What I meanly mean is that now when you create a character you get items that before NGE involved a time of learning and investigation ,besides money now is very easy to get and of course I wont forget those items like the portable mini starport lol. Suddenly first month of NGE all Krayt Dragons dropped premium pearls , and what about the materials to make a saber? When SOE realized everybody was crying that there were not spawning those materials they made it. I could say many things more.

You're right, it doesn't take any thought to kill whatever or to complete a quest. Well, it takes some thought if you are doing quests around your own level, but anyways. However, I played Pre-NGE and it didn't take thought to get anything at all in that game. I just did misssions with other people and gained tons of credits, which was a lot easier than I gained credits in the NGE. Than I just went to the local crafter and got whatever I needed. So there was less thought then, than there is now. But neither required any real effort to obtain the best weapons in game.

Premium Pearls are not as easy as you think they are to get. Most just use Premium Power Crystals, because those are easy to get. But Premium Pearls are slightly better, but don't drop that often. The materials to create a saber cost you 1.5 mil a pack and 1.5 mil is pretty hard to get without selling things on the forums, which I never did.

Nothing is more instant gratification now than it was Pre-NGE. Not even Jedi. Jedi isn't near as powerful as Pre-NGE Jedi were, so people who click for Jedi aren't really getting a Jedi of the Pre-NGE era. They just get a tank with a few ranged pulls, a glowing sword, a self heal, and a couple stances. Nothing compaired to Pre-NGE Jedi.

You have to work for what you get in the NGE, but the work is just different than it was Pre-NGE. Pre-NGE you grinded missions to get what you want. In the NGE you grind quests to get what you want.

Edit: Not everyone has a Instant travel vehicle either. You only got that vehicle if you were around for the 3rd year anniversary and for something else a while back. I had to hoof it around just like in the CU.

If that is the case , What has changed ? All I needed before were credits and I could have anything I wanted . No work needed to be done besides making some money killing pikets on Dant . Lets also not forget about the rampant ebayers who rather than do missions for credits , Went to ebay for them.

I was under the impression there were no premiums being dropped after NGE . Hence why so many NGE jedi complained daily about it .

I still fail to see where your point is , Pre-cu you killed for credits . NGE you kill more so for items just like every game out there .

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

I started with a CDEF, the clothes on my back...and a melion.

Back when terminals gave out 50-200c a mission... you know, like all the NPC's used to (if you didnt know, thats why).

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

Im going to tell you something that hope it explains everything.

When Nge came ,after 2 months all my guild was gone. There were just 7 ones left. Those 7 were good friends but talking in terms of skill in the game lets say they were unskilled at most of the things.(with all my respect)

When I resubbed after 3 months just to see how the game was:

1--They were rich------(Before NGE no money)

2--They had LOTS of Premium Perls

3--They had TONS of materials needed to make a saber and with very good quality.

4- In other words ''They had everything'

Besides They said 'Now they were good at PvP when I never saw them win not even once'

5-They had all ships vehicles  etc etc..........

DONT YOU THINK SOMETHING GHANGED?

Originally posted by Delzo

lol
    Thats what NGE is.

Urm. JTL...Hyperdrive on starter ship...starter ground vehicle...Jedi...BARCs...Magical Ability to Heal...Insta-Travel...no serious death penalty...no reading...

Shall I continue?

I recognize your right to like NGE, but please don't try to say it's not way easier and simplified than Pre-CU. I've played both and it's way easier. And way boring.

Barcs handed to people ? Anyone who bought the total experience was handed a barc   anyone who bought a stim pack pre-cu could heal .

If I liked NGE I would be playing it , Yet I did play it and still fail to see where I was handed anything .

Now if we are talking about risk vs. reward a lot has changed . But easier is subjective and in no way fact .  There was more to learn Pre-cu , Out of game . If you wanted to do well , Now you are walked through it all in the earlier stages of the game .

But instant gratification could be had in either sytem , Aside from jedi . Nothing was "hard" to obtain . It just took grinding for credits . The difference here is where you get your items , Not how you get them . Before to get an "UBER" Item you had to see a crafter , Now you get them as a reward .
    There are little risks in the game now and a big reason I don't like it,  nothing feels earned . Everything is a grind now and rather boring . But instant gratification is a term used by an idiot who has no idea or concept of what an MMO is . That would be a Famous LA stooge , WHo used such babble . Not someone who actually developed the game .

I started with a CDEF, the clothes on my back...and a melion.

Back when terminals gave out 50-200c a mission... you know, like all the NPC's used to (if you didnt know, thats why).

I started when there were no mounts , Player shuttles (because no major citys had them yet ) No vehicles . You had to do corpse runs , Believe me I know how hard the "ORIGINAL" game was .

lol
    Thats what NGE is.

Shall I continue?

Barcs handed to people ? Anyone who bought the total experience was handed a barc   anyone who bought a stim pack pre-cu could heal .

If I liked NGE I would be playing it , Yet I did play it and still fail to see where I was handed anything .

Now if we are talking about risk vs. reward a lot has changed . But easier is subjective and in no way fact .  There was more to learn Pre-cu , Out of game . If you wanted to do well , Now you are walked through it all in the earlier stages of the game .

But instant gratification could be had in either sytem , Aside from jedi . Nothing was "hard" to obtain . It just took grinding for credits . The difference here is where you get your items , Not how you get them . Before to get an "UBER" Item you had to see a crafter , Now you get them as a reward .
    There are little risks in the game now and a big reason I don't like it,  nothing feels earned . Everything is a grind now and rather boring . But instant gratification is a term used by an idiot who has no idea or concept of what an MMO is . That would be a Famous LA stooge , WHo used such babble . Not someone who actually developed the game .

Shall I continue?

I played since Beta and just the fact of Having in my inventory something more than a melon since char creation  is Instant Gratification for me. I also know what an MMO is.

Care your language and  dont call idiot to someone cause of using a term that perhaps its you who cant  understand.  

I played since Beta and just the fact of Having in my inventory something more than a melon since char creation  is Instant Gratification for me. I also know what an MMO is.

Care your language and  dont call idiot to someone cause of using a term that perhaps its you who cant  understand.  

• hargravehargrave Member Posts: 329

Funny how you claim nothing is given and then blow off the jedi point lol. Even though jedi sucks ass now it still given to players at start and that is why SWG is basically jedi power battles now online and you say my post are lame lol next time dont say nge doesnt give u anything free then blow off the jedi issue...

lol
    Thats what NGE is.Really ? What exactly is handed to an NGE player ? If anything they have to go through a lot more BS of a grind to get anything now . Lets look at the difference , Pre-cu to get what was considered top of the line . All I had to do was run solo missions for a few hours and I would be set in credits  . Now You have to kill 500 of what ever NPC to get a lame  medal , Rinse and repeat until you have what is it like 800 medals? for one gun , Or one piece of armor ? Unless we are talking about jedi , If that's the case who gives a **** ? To hell with JEdi .

We're sitting in our offices thinking of ways to upset our paying customers. I think were on track to meet that goal.

John Smedley

• haxxjoohaxxjoo Member Posts: 924

Originally posted by hargrave

Where the bloody hell is my star destroyer!!! Blasts you soe blasts you!!!!

It comes on the next expansion along with full mando, firesprays, eder buffs and crystals, atpt's.

NGE is full of awesome quests! I love kill 5 thugs return repeat. 

Allow me to do a professional comparison.  I just played this lame arse microsoft Dungeon Siege II game.  It had an expertise skill system, lame forced quests, loot based.  It was a graphical downgrade.  You know what I thought? OMG this is what they based the NGE off of?

Pick up dungeon siege.  It is craptaculor.  It is the NGE without lightsabers.

LOL u know there actually making a family guy game. I saw it on spike tv that game show its gonna be for xbox and ps2 they showed stewie u can be him with some gun that controls people lol it has there actual voices from the show as well looks good and funny as hell

John Smedley

lol
    Thats what NGE is.

Shall I continue?

Shall I continue?

I was talking about Nancy whatever her last name is from LA. Reading isn't your thing is it ?

Originally posted by hargrave

Funny how you claim nothing is given and then blow off the jedi point lol. Even though jedi sucks ass now it still given to players at start and that is why SWG is basically jedi power battles now online and you say my post are lame lol next time dont say nge doesnt give u anything free then blow off the jedi issue...

I excluded jedi as I did , For two reasons . Jedi is now as you put it ,instant gratification . Two I hate jedi and any debate to do with them .

sorry english is not my native language
  • Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

I still fail to see where your point is , Pre-cu you killed for credits . NGE you kill more so for items just like every game out there .

1. SWG was not to be like other games
    2. you killed for credits to buy from CRAFTERS.. now you kill for items... crafters go to hell now. you dont need to buy it from then sinc eyou can loot it... so whats the point of making armoursmith or wepsmith?

as for the OP. i completely agree. gimme gimme gimme gimme.

in pre CU you started out with some rags on your back and a cheap half broken cdef weapon or some rusty sword. and never again items will magically apear in your inventory. EVER!!!

so if jedi whined that it was to hard to become/grind jedi and they got clicky, if jedi whined about ressources very hard to find for LS crafting and they got 1 month of krayt premium pearls, what if i make a clicky jedi and whine that its still to hard to level up? will we get clicky class levels?

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Crafted armour is superior to anything you'll loot or recieve as a quest reward :)  Weapons are the only things that you'll get that are better then crafted.

Good luck finding a crafter lol. Most left when NGE hit any that are left are waiting for crafer revamp to make them leave and exit all crafters

Originally posted by Obraik
    Crafted armour is superior to anything you'll loot or recieve as a quest reward :)  Weapons are the only things that you'll get that are better then crafted.

John Smedley

• TrubadurenTrubaduren Member Posts: 575
    I hope everyone undestand that the fox news screen is faked :P

Starwars Galaxies, An Empier Diveded, That's what it says on my box anyway.