Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banished?

GearboxGearbox Member UncommonPosts: 25

I feel like a smoker who has now been told to stand in front of the building. Oh well now at least it will be easier to find relevant posts I guess.::::20::

Comments

• SmurfMagicSmurfMagic Member Posts: 664
    yes, i agree but we all talk about a game that was stolen from us while they have some other abomination in its place.

• KylrathinKylrathin Member Posts: 426
    That's what we are, until the city council decides to ban all smoking everywhere, since it's bad for us and they know better.  Sorry, this is tough.  This has been a haven to us SWG refugees, a bright spot in the dark times since the NGE.  It just got darker, and I'm about to say to hell with MMOs altogether.

There's a sucker born every minute. - P.T. Barnum

• LeelLeel Member Posts: 455
    What made this forum different was the maturity level.  We did not need to be seperated.  The kids will still spam this board. 
  • AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

The forum is still here.  Now people who might enjoy the current version of the game have a place to discuss it, get game help, etc without having every topic hikacked with "SOE sucks", "SWG sucks", etc etc.

Our goal is to cater to our members, and MANY of them have been complaining that our SWG boards are overfilled with haters that are preventing any non-angry discussion from happening.

We have not silenced your voice - we just ask you to take your views about the "old" SWG to these forums and leave the other one for people who play SWG that need  place to discuss the game.

It seems fair to us

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• swiftflowswiftflow Member Posts: 239

Originally posted by Admin

The forum is still here.  Now people who might enjoy the current version of the game have a place to discuss it, get game help, etc without having every topic hikacked with "SOE sucks", "SWG sucks", etc etc.
    Our goal is to cater to our members, and MANY of them have been complaining that our SWG boards are overfilled with haters that are preventing any non-angry discussion from happening.
    We have not silenced your voice - we just ask you to take your views about the "old" SWG to these forums and leave the other one for people who play SWG that need  place to discuss the game.
    It seems fair to us

I'll interpret this ......."SOE notified us to stop the SWG vets from talking bad about their game so we caved in"

-

It seems fair to us

What about the people that were hijacking "SOE Sucks" threads?  The SOE fanbois.  The ones that don't actually play the game but like to troll.  They will still find a way to our board, because they want the attention.  It wasn't about the general discussion.  It's about the latest audience that SOE has brought into the game.

also

What about the players that still play the game, but absolutely hate it and want a rollback or classic.  Would they fall under Refugee or Current?

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Leel
    What made this forum different was the maturity level.  We did not need to be seperated.  The kids will still spam this board. 

What kids are you refering to ? I mean come on , There is no need to attack those who have a differing opinion than what you may have. As far as posters here goes , Most regulars are well spoken and keep flames to a minimal amount .

The problem I have always seen here , Is people like superkewl who come only to stir up the pot .Or those who like to make an example out of pirrg , Obraik or other current players  .

Rekrul had it right when he said in another thread, SWG vets shoot themselves in the foot more often than not .Trolling brought about these changes  , And flaming set them in motion . Yes we have all been bitter and flamed here and there , But most know when its appropriate and when its not . Sadly some people just don't get it , And ruin the stew for everyone . Flaming SOE or LA is one thing , There is reason to . But flaming someone because they play a game or have a different perception of it ,  Is totally unnecassary .

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Malickiebloo

What kids are you refering to ? I mean come on

Didn't mean to offend. 

I was talking about the spamming lately, and trolling.  There is a difference.  I just feel that the Mods, have set themselves to do double the work.  Moderating 2 boards instead of one.

What kids are you refering to ? I mean come on

Didn't mean to offend. 

I was talking about the spamming lately, and trolling.  There is a difference.  I just feel that the Mods, have set themselves to do double the work.  Moderating 2 boards instead of one.

I am not offended , I just hope you weren't refering to NGE players .

But you are probably right , It is going to be double the work or even triple . But If they feel it necassary to promote a possitive atmosphere, I won't argue with them about it . Until / If it backfires .

Originally posted by swiftflow

It seems fair to us

I'll interpret this ......."SOE notified us to stop the SWG vets from talking bad about their game so we caved in"

So, if this were the case - then why would we have this forum?  This is a forum for people to discuss their dissatisfaction with the game.  You may not want to acknowlege it, but there are still people playing SWG that have a need and right to discuss the game without being harassed by people who don't like the game...which is why they have a place to do this now.

We NEVER cave into what game companies may or may not want us to do (and for the record SOE has never contacted us about our SWG forums).  Have you not noticed the virtual currency ads on this site?  Trust me when I tell you SOE, Mythic, NCSoft, Sigil and more have asked us to take them down and we don't - we make our decisions based on our own views and those of our members.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

It seems fair to us

So, if this were the case - then why would we have this forum?  This is a forum for people to discuss their dissatisfaction with the game.  You may not want to acknowlege it, but there are still people playing SWG that have a need and right to discuss the game without being harassed by people who don't like the game...which is why they have a place to do this now.

We NEVER cave into what game companies may or may not want us to do (and for the record SOE has never contacted us about our SWG forums).  Have you not noticed the virtual currency ads on this site?  Trust me when I tell you SOE, Mythic, NCSoft, Sigil and more have asked us to take them down and we don't - we make our decisions based on our own views and those of our members.

I think that is exactly the reason why you have such a strong base of loyal posters, who bring good content to this site on a daily basis.  In addition, this board also tries to grow itself.  It's a quality we acquired through the early days of SWG, when SOE was doing nothing to grow the game. 

While I understand what and why you guys are doing what your doing, I would still like an answer to this question.

What about the players that still play the game, but absolutely hate it and want a rollback or classic.  Would they fall under Refugee or Current?

Thanks for staying up late with us as we make the transition.

While I understand what and why you guys are doing what your doing, I would still like an answer to this question.

I will leave these details up to my Community Manager and the moderator team...however, I am pretty sure this would be ok in the "Current Game" forum as long as it is limited (ie user does not post it more than once) and sincere in its appearance (ie does not appear to be blatantly trying to stop others from playing the game).

I think most people who look at our old General Discussion boards can see that things got WAAAY out of hand in there. We needed a solution and this is what Jon (our Comm. Manager) came up with.  If this split-forum system does not work then we will likely just change the SWG forums to a very strictly moderated forum with special Rules of Conduct...which I personally do not want to have to do.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Understood.

Any idea on when we can start getting some of our posts moved over from the GD?

Understood.

I am not sure this will be happening at all.  It is just too much work for the team and I think the concept here is a fresh start of sorts.

Note, new topics are not allowed in the GD boards, but replying to topics is - so old discussions can continue in the GD still (again, our goal was not to silence anyone).

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Understood.

I am not sure this will be happening at all.  It is just too much work for the team and I think the concept here is a fresh start of sorts.

Note, new topics are not allowed in the GD boards, but replying to topics is - so old discussions can continue in the GD still (again, our goal was not to silence anyone).

I have been bumping threads in the GD because of this.  Could you clarify?

Originally posted by Stradden
    Hi Guys,

With the new forums, General Discussion has become more or less obsolete, so we're going to lock up the ability to create new threads. You'll still be able to reply to current threads for the time being, but we're looking to phase it out over time. So, feel free to re-post topics in the new forums (appropriately, so long as they don't break rules, etc etc etc.) I'd also like to get some of the threads moved over to the new forum, so feel free to bump them by telling us what forum you'd like to see them in. Obviously, we won't be able to do this with all of the threads... there are a ton and it's not possible... but well do what we can.

Jon

• Darklighter1Darklighter1 Member UncommonPosts: 250

I will leave these details up to my Community Manager and the moderator team...however, I am pretty sure this would be ok in the "Current Game" forum as long as it is limited (ie user does not post it more than once) and sincere in its appearance (ie does not appear to be blatantly trying to stop others from playing the game).

I think most people who look at our old General Discussion boards can see that things got WAAAY out of hand in there. We needed a solution and this is what Jon (our Comm. Manager) came up with.  If this split-forum system does not work then we will likely just change the SWG forums to a very strictly moderated forum with special Rules of Conduct...which I personally do not want to have to do.

Just remember one thing.  People who are not happy with the current state of SWG don't want to feel this way.  $OE did that by themselves in ruining 2+ years of gametime of a lot of people.  To cave in to NGE players and seperate us is just what $OE would love to do.  Honestly I think that doing the seperation and hinting at veiled threats justs shows us that this site isn't a place to voice our concerns like we thought it was.  Are you going to stop pro-NGE people from coming in here and bashing us?  Or are you just going to stop us from going into the Pro-NGE and defending our argument?  Time will tell I guess....

I have been bumping threads in the GD because of this.  Could you clarify?

Originally posted by Stradden
    Hi Guys,

With the new forums, General Discussion has become more or less obsolete, so we're going to lock up the ability to create new threads. You'll still be able to reply to current threads for the time being, but we're looking to phase it out over time. So, feel free to re-post topics in the new forums (appropriately, so long as they don't break rules, etc etc etc.) I'd also like to get some of the threads moved over to the new forum, so feel free to bump them by telling us what forum you'd like to see them in. Obviously, we won't be able to do this with all of the threads... there are a ton and it's not possible... but well do what we can.

Jon

Doh, see this why I should have left it at "that is up to my Comm. Manager"

Follow what Stradden says, when it comes to the forums we let him make these calls.  If you have further questions you might just want to PM Jon at [email protected]

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Will do, and thanks again.
  • tjvoodootjvoodoo Member Posts: 293

It seems fair to us

The pro-NGE threads were usualy hijacked after the fanbois usualy made statements like "Game is Balanced or Population growing" these are out right lies (fact not my opinion) if you feel you have to promot this kind of blind bias opinion then going for employment as forum mod on SOE's boards is your next step.

What does it tell you about the state of the game when players can no longer get in-game or offical forum help + by seperating us from general population like SOE managed to do, you have catered to one side in this act SOE seem to have gotten away with.

You "CLAIM" you have not silenced us - but what happens when a pro-NGE player sprouts about how balanced/populated/bug-less & complete the game is ? we now have to think before posting reply (do we post in pro-NGE forum and risk ban or do we grin and bear it) seems like silenced to me.

Originally posted by tjvoodoo

It seems fair to us

The pro-NGE threads were usualy hijacked after the fanbois usualy made statements like "Game is Balanced or Population growing" these are out right lies (fact not my opinion) if you feel you have to promot this kind of blind bias opinion then going for employment as forum mod on SOE's boards is your next step.

What does it tell you about the state of the game when players can no longer get in-game or offical forum help + by seperating us from general population like SOE managed to do, you have catered to one side in this act SOE seem to have gotten away with.

You "CLAIM" you have not silenced us - but what happens when a pro-NGE player sprouts about how balanced/populated/bug-less & complete the game is ? we now have to think before posting reply (do we post in pro-NGE forum and risk ban or do we grin and bear it) seems like silenced to me.

The action of denouncing  numbers is not in anyway flaming . If you could refute such  a post with constructive feedback , Absent of flaming or insults . You are following the rules , It is also very much current game discussion . The current SWG forum scheme , Does not say Haters over here fanbois over there , Now does it ?

• haxxjoohaxxjoo Member Posts: 924
    This will be the only active forum and they will have to rename it swg general discussion.
  • tjvoodootjvoodoo Member Posts: 293

Originally posted by tjvoodoo

It seems fair to us

The action of denouncing  numbers is not in anyway flaming . If you could refute such  a post with constructive feedback , Absent of flaming or insults . You are following the rules , It is also very much current game discussion . The current SWG forum scheme , Does not say Haters over here fanbois over there , Now does it ?

Correct it does'nt say pro-NGE only in current game thread but by the actions of the mods here, when i dispute the lies "some" of the pro-NGE claim, i can almost 99% guarantee i will be labelled NGE-hater thus i bet a pro-NGE player will then report me to forum mods - every time i post the truth there i will run the risk of a forum ban.

I see this move as nothing more than a way to appease SOE and its dwindling number of customers, what makes it worse is SOE did this to me after 2 1/2 years and now MMORPG.com have followed suit - i can still post here, i can still play SWG, but is pushing me aside to cater for the NGE players the correct move, SOE dev's recent posts say it wasnt right so why has MMORPG just gone down the same road.

Its down to each persons perspective - do you feel pushed aside from this move or dont you ? i think ive made mine pretty clear and there is only 1 action left for me to take.

Welcome to the forum with a bias opinion.

• dacia72dacia72 Member Posts: 80

It seems fair to us

They think is easier to count how many ppl are against CU and NGE :)

DAKSHA - the Weaponsmith
    proud member of KDS

SWG- DAKSHA, Quietus, Decebal, Deceneu -retired
    EVE - Daksha - retired
    WOW - Daksha - retired
    COV - Daksha - retired
    EQ2- Daksha - retired
    SOR- Daksha - retired
    Vanguard - Daksha - retired
    LOTRO - Daksha - retired
    AOC - Daksha - retired
    Warhammer - Daksha - retired
    Aion - Daksha -almost retired
    Waiting for SWTOR

• BigDogofBriaBigDogofBria Member Posts: 147

It seems fair to us

I can't speak for everyone, but most of the swg vets find it EXTREMLEY difficult to trust anyone in the gaming industry anymore. Why do you think the swg forums here are so active? The majority of current and former swg players are completley dissatisfied with this game. Being shuffled into our own forum and being warned away from complaining about the game in the main forum feels like another in a long string of attempted censorship that we've been facing since before the cu.

But w/e these are your forums on your site that none of us contribute any money to, so  of course you have a right to structure them as you please. This new forum will see more activity than the main swg forum here. I for one would like the see the 'we're dissatisfied with swg' thread reposted here. There were some great posts in that thread with more posted everyday.