Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favorite All-time Profession

Simple Enough.  Post your favorite profession and why.

I loved TKM.  Out of all the professions I tried that was a lot of fun.  The martial arts moves where nice and the skill branches where nice and flushed out. 

Comments

• Unknown888Unknown888 Member Posts: 28
    COMMANDO.

I loved commando. I loved using my flamethrower. Before I left, I had a commando/combat medic, commando/bounty hunter, and commando/smuggler: but always a commando.

• spe277spe277 Member Posts: 28

Master swordsman/Ranger and or Doctor

• VastarVastar Member Posts: 176

Merchant. Mostly it was used to go with selling one's crafted goods or loot items. As a profession on it's own though, it was one of the best I've seen. Rather than your usual profession that granted +10 damage with a pistol or +1 experimentation on your new [UBER SCHEMATIC], you gained tools. Those tools had an intended purpose but your creativity, thought and dedication were really a part of what you could do with them (and how far you could go with the profession with or even without them). Merchant in a game like SWG is just unparalleled anywhere else including current SWG... or post galactic vendor search SWG for that matter.

• bigherbbigherb Member Posts: 76
    Too many combinations to list...

Swords/TKM/Brawler?

That rocked, gawd I miss those days.

• kimosabekimosabe Member Posts: 516

I was a total dabbler. Some pistoleer, some smuggler, some BH, some ranger, a little medic, a bit of SL, and novice entertainer. While I was far from uber, it was much more fun than any of my characters with mastery badges. The sheer variety of pistol skills (or skills that could be used with a pistol) I had was amazing. Multiple toolbars, and each one set up for almost any encounter. Buffing, debuffing, support, fast damage, and some DOTs were all part of my build, pretty much the only thing that kept me from being independently competitive was skill mods (as I was too poor to buy all the nice ones).

-Edited because I forgot SL. *Kicks self* "Idiot!"-

Je mettrai l'amour sur dos de moi.

• MirokataMirokata Member Posts: 107
    Weaponsmith/Commando.

The thought of creating and using my own rockets and grenades was awesome.

• UnagiUnagi Member Posts: 99
    SQUAD LEADER

Group buffs and combat enhancers rocked.  Shame we didn't get a game until Publish 24.

• DarqueLordDarqueLord Member Posts: 195

TKM / Master Swordsman

or

Master Bountyhunter / Pistoleer
  • NasedooNasedoo Member Posts: 486
    i got to say Smuggler and pistoleer

Nasedoo: You said traders would get a revamp under my supervision.

Darth Lord Blixtev: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

• Darklighter1Darklighter1 Member UncommonPosts: 250
    pre CU my fav was master doc/rifles.  Did my whole Jedi grind with that setup.  Buff myself and kick some serious ass with my T21.  Since I played at odd hours made the game soloable when I needed it to be.  Good times...
  • trigger190trigger190 Member Posts: 264
    Bio-Engineer.
    I loved sneaking up on creatures and leeching DNA from them, mostly they got killed this way, no idea why really.
    Even more fun was seeing groups of people trying to bring down fambaa's, whilst I would just sneak op on one of those huge beasts, insert the syringe and see them fall to the ground a second later

• RappletekRappletek Member Posts: 70

Bio eng

it was so individual in mmo's ... why cant there be more of this?? all i want is ingenuity...

World of Darkness its coming are you excited?

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489
    1. Bounty Hunter - My first love...
    2. TKM - Especially in the CU with Innate Armor....
    3. Jedi - Even in the CU, it was fun...
    4. Creature Handler - It was a game within itself...
    5. Pistoleer - Combined with BH, was a blast Pre-CU...
    6. Ranger - Weak, but darn fun, another game within itself...
    7. Tailor - I loved making my shop, and making custom orders... the problems came from too much business to play anything else...
    8. Fencer - It was just fun...

My Favorite All-Time Template (which is what I think you were asking):

• Desperado/Master Pistoleer/Fencer
      • 205 Dodge
      • 265 MD / 255 RD without foods
      • Eye Shot with a Mind Fire Geo Pistol
      • Pistol Whip
      • Several Posture Shots for control

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

Smuggler/Pistoleer was alot of fun

Another one I would have liked to try was Ranger/Rifleman but I just couldn't grind through the ranger tree...too boring.

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

ranger camps rocked!

smugler slicing/spices with some ability to put up a decent fight

• pasonpason Member Posts: 15

Ranger was a cool prof, a certain outlaw mentality to them, not many mastered it and if they did not many stayed MasterRanger.

It opened the doors of being social for me (by means of camping alot) considering im more a solo MMO'er. But i made incredible dough harvesting creature resources which made me curious in Armorsmith.

Armorsmith, the best prof i played in game, really really really challenging, the incredibly hard RIS cert (before it was made easy), and taken into consideration server caps etc, the 80x4 comp armor i only achieved a few times, but in getting there i realized it really wasnt necessarily the resources one had but how you xp them, truly unique crafting. AS became my SWG game, unfortunately.

If i knew CU and NGE wouldve hit i maybe wouldnt have dedicated my time so much to AS, but i did master 25-27 of the prof in game out of 3 toons i had. Never dabbled much on hybrids, Master Ranger/ Master Swordsman was a power PVE killer i rem though.

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

Originally posted by Squal'Zell

ranger camps rocked!

Until the "downer" kicked in in the middle of the fight...lol

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

Originally posted by BaronJuJu

ranger camps rocked!

Until the "downer" kicked in in the middle of the fight...lol

if done right the downer should kick in after the battle... (usually for full scale wars spices where not the best choice. (doc buffs is the idea)

spices where used as an emergencie boost in a  very short fight.

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

What I loved about Smuggler was that it was a Combat/Crafting Profession, like Ranger and a few others... I just loved that aspect of the game... this NGE "Magic" system, with no Profession Crafting is just empty...

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• ebenholtebenholt Member Posts: 312

My favorite profession was the 250 point SKILLTREES!

You all know I'm right...

"There are two kinds of spurs, my friend. Those that come in by the door; those that come in by the window"

• 0over00over0 Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Gotta be the triple master: smuggler, pistoleer, TKM.

Apply lemon juice and candle flame here to reveal secret message.

• OuchmuchOuchmuch Member Posts: 340
    Carbineer/Squadleader was my main favourite with Carbineer/Commando following close behind that, I usually just dabbled into whatever with the points I had left over most often artisan so i could help the crafters find resources.
  • MrArchyMrArchy Member Posts: 643
    Master Swordsman/Master Rifleman - mind hammer profs, loved the look of scythes and knew a WS who made them very well on Intrepid.  The occassional mind dot T-21 didn't hurt either.

SWG Veteran and Refugee, Intrepid server
    NGE free as of Nov. 22, 2005
    Now Playing: World of Warcrack
    Forum Terrorist

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Pikemen.

It was a misunderstood profession... But boy we were sexy.

Some of the best, and hardest to get weapons and components were for pikemen.

and yes, it was iconic and starwarsey... Recall the guys on the skiff of the
    sarlack pit? Or GEN.Grevious guards? The emperors guards?

Yep, all pikemen.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• vlhergvlherg Member UncommonPosts: 14

Favourite profession - Smuggler. Combat, crafting & social all rolled into one package. Feign death was also my favourite skill in the entire game.

I found tailor surprisingly enjoying as well.