Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

have heard this game is crap but not sure

glockmasterglockmaster Member Posts: 147
is this game any good i have heard from many people they have bought it has been very poo okay graphs but not good anything elsebut i want to know for myself anyone know ??????????????

Comments

• ForgefeuForgefeu Member UncommonPosts: 118
    Corea + game = mindless horrible grind

Corea + game + lack of content = RFO

GFX are nothing spectacular, characters are ok at best, everything else look more dull than eq 1.

Forget it if you really wanna play an asian grind and pay a monthly fee stay/play to lineage 2 all others are bad clone of an already poor game

• GrimReapezGrimReapez Member Posts: 463

Originally posted by Forgefeu

GFX are nothing spectacular, characters are ok at best, everything else look more dull than eq 1.

Forget it if you really wanna play an asian grind and pay a monthly fee stay/play to lineage 2 all others are bad clone of an already poor game

wow, lack of knowledge ...

-
    Do not hate it, but instead embrace the diversity.

• RappletekRappletek Member Posts: 70

i dont play anymore..(dont have time) but this game is the shizz

buy it, play it, love it

World of Darkness its coming are you excited?

• ZzenoZzeno Codemasters Community ManagerMember Posts: 15
    It's a beautiful game :D

Michael Rowland
    Producer
    Codemasters Online

• anakinsellaanakinsella Member UncommonPosts: 228
    says the Codemaster's CM :)

But on that topic, i'm gonna give the trial a try i think.

Me biased? Never ;)

Michael Rowland
    Producer
    Codemasters Online

you would never think it Z .. never....

i might start playing again, are cora still major ownage in everything, unless the maus come and fight on one front?

The Accretians are now a power house in RF, they were keeping to themselves and levelling up whilst the Cora and Bells were exchanging pleasantries.

Michael Rowland
    Producer
    Codemasters Online

oooo so its about time to go back to my cora bretherin then? that is what i like to hear. ^.^

• A0TEA0TE Member Posts: 1

The game is good.I like very much.www.intergame99.com

• kopemakopema Member Posts: 263

Originally posted by GrimReapez

Originally posted by Forgefeu

wow, lack of knowledge ...

There are like a dozen more new computer games released every week than I could possibly play if I wanted to - which, nine times out of ten, I don't.   In this day and age, even trying out well-presented demos for a game I've never heard of is a bit of a chore.  

I download the "latest" version of a game game that doesn't even have a name, just initials, then it tells me I should get a newer version - which doesn't seem to exist.  Then it takes about 4 hours to install - while it plays some crappy muzak.

Then they ask for my credit card number before I can even look at what, odds are, is yet another a computer-generated turd.

The game's Web site is a mess - which doesn't bode well for an online game.  I came here to see if I could find at least a coherent description.  And this is the best I can find:  people who hate the game, and others calling them ignorant.

But, then again, I guess that's all I really needed to hear.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    The question is, will it replace the fun I once had in SWG Pre-cu? It sucks that I judge any game I play on how much I liked that game but that's just the way things are I guess.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• RaafRaaf Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by tillamook
    The question is, will it replace the fun I once had in SWG Pre-cu? It sucks that I judge any game I play on how much I liked that game but that's just the way things are I guess.

I'm with you on that one. These days I compare every MMO out there to SWG and unfortunatly none of the games lived up to my expectations.

I've played WoW for some time only to find out the end-game content is fun for the first time, but becomes a grind-fest afterwards.
    I've played Guild Wars for some time but found it to be too isolated and single-player'ish. I've played a lot of other MMO's but none of them seemed to hook me as SWG did, right now I am waiting for the swgemu to be completed and hopefully a press release of Lucas Art that SWG2 is in the making, as long as it isn't in SOE's hands, but I am sure they won't make that mistake again.
  • OculitusOculitus Member Posts: 203
    RF Online and pre-CU/NGE SWG have nothing in common save a sci-fi setting.  I played RFO at launch, mainly due to my desire to play a sci-fi MMO as there is still relatively few available.  What I found was truely disappointing.

The most succinct way to descibe RFO is a less fun version of Lineage 2 with a sci-fi setting.  

The grind was long, dull and painful.  The PT grind was worse.  PTs are basically your skill level in ranged combat, general defense, melee combat, magic, or shield.  As these go up so do an associated attribute, like say hit points for defense or mana (called force points I think) for magic casting.  The problem with this system is that these PTs which are tied to very important attributes which every class needs do not level with your overall level.  So you have to stop xp grinding every level or so and grind your PT, which means killing lots of lower level mobs.  And God help you if you want to be a tank, as the sheild PT was easily the worst of all to increase.  The only vaguely time effecient way to level shield was to round up lots and lots of low level mobs and then watch them beat on you for a very long time.  You don't fight them, just drink a potion every so often.

The above is not the only or perhaps even the primary aspect of RFO that is flawed, it is simply an example.  So here's a quick few more:  Lack of character customization (all the Robot Accretians have to choose is their single eye's color), repetitive overly level dependent PvP (even in the first months or so anyone below level 30 was irrelevent in the Chip War, so much so as to be one-shoted well into your 20s), borked up one class only crafting system, bad translation from Korean, comically flawed quests and quest system and tredious overly simple gameplay partially due to a great lack of combat skills.

But if you have geneuine interest in RFO try the Free Trial, and decide for yourself.  Some people do like this game, obviously I'm not one of them.  If you're just asking how RF compares to SWG: It doesn't.  

Please note that I'm really not trying to bash RF on its own boards, just happened across this post asking for an opinion and decided to give mine.  Not trying to troll or start a flame war here.  I would recommend anyone to play the free trial for any game them have interest in, whether it's my most favorite game or my least.

• SceneGGSceneGG Member UncommonPosts: 97

Grind?

What grind? you can get to lvl 30 in an hr (2-3 if u wanna pt), and at 45+ u get x5 xp / pt, meaning u can get to 46 in a day

I remember the 37hrs stright i spent just getting from 42-43 before x2 pt/xp in GPt1

TBH it sometimes makes me feel that all the newbies r getting it way to easy.... and still complaining "I want to start at lvl 50 BBQ!!!!"

• Sh@rdSh@rd Member Posts: 14
    If you like to level up, mix with a good community and engage in mass PvP this game is certainly worth giving a go.  Ever since I picked up the game I have found it hard to put it down. =)
  • ElenosElenos Member UncommonPosts: 73
    How much time to get to lvl 40+ eh?
    I played the 1st month, i took me something like the whole Month!!!
    I heard there was a huge update which increased the XP and PT rate. So how much time now?

• PkylanPkylan Member Posts: 43
    the game looks very good, also nice storyline + atmosphere, but its the price that really is scaring me... apart from that i dont know much about the game

• IonNinjaIonNinja Member Posts: 4
    I played it...World of WarCraft is better RF gets boring with the quests...they are all just kill kill kill
    and the only thing you are working for is like getting the robot or summon or the big gun

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)This is Bunny, copy and past him into your signature to help him gain world domination.

• SunriderSunrider Member UncommonPosts: 527

Heh. this game was good, got the adrenilne pumping durring the chip wars... But Code's GM, tell them about Formidable; Bellato Guild on Earth... why did code have to contact us? something about the game being horrible off-balanced and we were the most poweful guild in the game? Then offering us to roll Cora to help even it out some, except not be able to give us anything more then BASIC items at the levels we had reached within the first 2 weeks of the game? yeah.

If you dont recall this i'm sure i can have it brought up on the community forums over at CM...

The games good, a lot of you are fan bois, there ARE problems with the game that have NEVER been addressed... and they probally won't be adressed seeing as the game has been out in korea about a year and a half longer then in the states prior to the states release.

It's good. Try it. Don't get your hopes up.

"And after blizzard takes over the world, they are gonna gather a bunch of lemmings, sit on their fat asses near a cliff, and watch the little fuzzy bastards suicide dive into the ground below. . . . . all just for their own entertainment."

• mbbladembblade Member Posts: 747
    i see everyone talking about grind, well in the end yes, but you have
    to spend 5 times more on getting your skills to a lvl where they will
    do anything useful.  So in other words A LOT of time spent just to
    get the char worth anything.  The weak and useless, Worthless
    casual gamers need to stay away

• mbbladembblade Member Posts: 747

the graphics are fine, but if you wanna grind for 10 hours a day for a month on just skills go for it. Then you have to do a lot of grinding on LVLs and if your a Tank you have to farm for $$ to pay for healing pots. Summoners have to Grind there pets to LVL. So pretty muich grinding cuz you have to be 35-40 to last more then a few secs at the chipwar

• likechan2likechan2 Member Posts: 4

hm..

i hope play this game..

• uncletomauncletoma Member UncommonPosts: 159
    Originally posted by IonNinja

I played it...World of WarCraft is better RF gets boring with the quests...they are all just kill kill kill

and the only thing you are working for is like getting the robot or summon or the big gun
    Fora a carebear yes.

I've three chars lvl 60 (i stopped to play WoW on 4th of july 2006 for RFO) and:

boring high-end dungeons

boring, stupid and crap PvP system

Maybe on RFO i don't need to wait hours to do  decent PvP, i don't need to do MC or other  instanced dungeons and so on.

RvRvR FTW and for teh fun :)

Only two game will be better RFO, only one is better: WAR and Granado Espada... and the incredible EVE-Online.

Only one game gave me more fun than RFO: Dark Age of Camelot.
  • dhartzdhartz Member Posts: 482
    Just a question, is the game like realy dead, or is teher still a fair amount of people to play with.