Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hmmm

I feel bad for the "Current players forum" there only gonna get about 1 post a week in there... unless of course we go in to flame them...

Comments

• StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Flaming in either of the new forums will result in strict warnings and/or bannings.

Cheers

Jon "Stradden" Wood

Cheers,
    Jon Wood
    Managing Editor
    MMORPG.com

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

Originally posted by Stradden

Flaming in either of the new forums will result in strict warnings and/or bannings.
    Cheers
    Jon "Stradden" Wood

Now see, I see that last comment as a joke and I think you do to.

So actually not a flame but merely a opinion not directed at any one person but rather a idea of what could happen.

? Am I wrong?

LOL, yes, there's a good chance that the OP was joking. Where this is one of the first topics in here, I thought I'd just point that out again for anyone who might wander in and not see it as a joke.

Jon

Cheers,
    Jon Wood
    Managing Editor
    MMORPG.com

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

LOL, yes, there's a good chance that the OP was joking. Where this is one of the first topics in here, I thought I'd just point that out again for anyone who might wander in and not see it as a joke.
    Jon

Ahh see now you have made it somewhat harder for me to tell when you do think somthing is funny though.

All you damn guys at one time were alot easier to read.

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961
    Obraik and pirrg will get bored...

• OuchmuchOuchmuch Member Posts: 340

Originally posted by Rekrul

If the NGE can't bore them NOTHING can .
  • Deleted87766Deleted87766 Member Posts: 59
    Looks like pressure on MMORPG from somewhere has found a way to try and divide and conqure the vets and the bad press they generate from these forums
  • ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by Rekrul

Who said I can't come here too?   Been playing the game as long as many of you lot :P

Originally posted by Tookah
    Looks like pressure on MMORPG from somewhere has found a way to try and divide and conqure the vets and the bad press they generate from these forums

There was no pressure put upon us by any outside force. This is a decision that I made to try to save the SWG forum community here, on both sides of this debate. I have clearly explained the reasoning behind this in a stickied thread in the general forums. Please give it a read.

Cheers,
    Jon Wood
    Managing Editor
    MMORPG.com

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961

There was no pressure put upon us by any outside force. This is a decision that I made to try to save the SWG forum community here, on both sides of this debate. I have clearly explained the reasoning behind this in a stickied thread in the general forums. Please give it a read.

Sadly, the wonderful SWG community shoots itself in the foot too many times. Just about all known reactions on these forums were purely due to member's actions, never due to some external unfluence.
  • LuRaviLuRavi Member UncommonPosts: 239

Cheers
    Jon "Stradden" Wood

Hey Stradden why don't you admit that SOE/LA got to you. Why else would you create seperate forums and so suddenly appear like you guys will moderate said forums. You didnt' before, why do it now?

Honestly, you act like a bully when you suddenly appear out of the blue and say you will enforce actions when you didnt' in the past. Nor do many of you communicate in an specific forums to begin with, I mean I could be wrong that some of you workers for this site show actual interest in discussions but I simply don't see it in the forums on this site that I lurk upon.

Do you care if this site appears to lose any credibility by doing such an action as this. When the heavy hand of god(you guys) do such swift actions like this.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

In my humble opinion SWG forum will always have a community aslong as the game SWG is alive, it is apparent that MMORPG.com want to change the community. It seems that a community often reflects the state of the game, until the game changes the community won't. This probably won't help, but good luck in helping us "always look on the bright side of life".

This is not a flame/troll/joke, I'm attempting to debate the current events in the SWG forum so please don't take offense thankyou.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• LuRaviLuRavi Member UncommonPosts: 239

I don't see how its apparent that the mmorpg.com staff wants to change the forums, simply making decrees of change...well thats acting like a dictator.

As Stradden said in another thread he has talked about this over and over, plz inform meof where you have said this.....Am I wrong in saying I never see MMORPG.com staff post in any threads in the swg forums.

Plz tell where you have shown your dislike for the general currents of feelings towards SWG.

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

These guys (MMORPG.COM) have been very kind to most posters.  Give them an opportunity to be bullies or not before rendering judgement on them.  I have seen them let a lot of really questionable posts go in my time here, so I am willing to give Stradden and crew the benefit of the doubt. 

With myself being one of the guilty, a lot of us are here to make sure the world knows SOE did us very wrong.  We will still be able to voice that opinion, and anybody who is honestly looking to see what kind of word of mouth is out there will look at BOTH forums.

But honestly, it DOES look suspicious (SOE pressure)  regardless of your true intent Stradden.  But as long as you continue to allow us freedom on "our" forum and do not impose silly bans, I can see no reason to complain.  You do a great job, and that is the reason I call this site home.  I for one am grateful you care enough to give us our own refuge despite our innate negativity.  Cheers. 

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Originally posted by LuRavi

I don't see how its apparent that the mmorpg.com staff wants to change the forums, simply making decrees of change...well thats acting like a dictator.
    As Stradden said in another thread he has talked about this over and over, plz inform meof where you have said this.....Am I wrong in saying I never see MMORPG.com staff post in any threads in the swg forums.

Plz tell where you have shown your dislike for the general currents of feelings towards SWG.

If you consider that until recently mods were not allowed to post in forums and so had to have alternate identities to make posts. How would you know what the views of the mods are ??

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• BlazinBladesBlazinBlades Member Posts: 1,214

The staff at MMORPG is great. This was more then likely easier for the guys at MMORG.COM to do then to hire a whole grew of mods to monitor the SWG forum itself, lets face it, it is the most active war zone in all of these forums. HAHAHAHAHA I can not believe we actually got separate boards LMAO, THIS IS FRIGGN FUNNY. SWG is the greatest were else do you get this kind of thing going on, and this type of action going down. LMAO. Seriously though I dont think this action had anything to do with SOE, I think it had everything to do with all of us, and thats pretty sad. Bring it on down now.

Damn byotch dat aint no friggn moon fool, dat be a friggn space station byotch.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by Razorback

Originally posted by LuRavi

If you consider that until recently mods were not allowed to post in forums and so had to have alternate identities to make posts. How would you know what the views of the mods are ??

Really?  Didn't know that...

• UnagiUnagi Member Posts: 99

Originally posted by Razorback

Ah, yes.  Because, in addition to a position of moral superiority, hatred of the NGE also grants the powers of omniscience, clairvoyance and mental telepathy.

You must be new here.

• bigherbbigherb Member Posts: 76

So if we have our area and they have theirs...

Does that mean that we can all use the General discussion as our battelgrounds.  MMORPG.com has the opprotunity to give us what SOE never could.  A place where all is fair....An enter at your own risk type thing.

Rebels vs. Imps...

SWG Vets vs. NGE fanboi's

It's an epic tale if you ask me.

Edited for my lack of typing skill...

• kimosabekimosabe Member Posts: 516

Originally posted by Obraik
    Who said I can't come here too?   Been playing the game as long as many of you lot :P

"SWG Veteran Refuge" vs. "SWG Current". If you're still playing the game, that's definately current, and if you're still playing, you don't need refuge right? Hours don't matter, opinions and subscription status do.

Anyway, I think splitting up the fanbois from the crusty old haters like myself is a good idea in that it at least tries to keep the opposing parties in opposite corners. Hopefully the flames will die down a little bit.

Je mettrai l'amour sur dos de moi.