Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about buying it

Vrael231Vrael231 Member Posts: 52
Is this game worth it, will it mess up my comp, and is it any good.

Which FF Character Are You?

The shaft of the arrow had been
feathered with one of the eagle''s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction

Comments

• PTEDPTED Member Posts: 464

Not all of us can hack or have telepathic abilities,

be best to post your specs.

• SephiriusSephirius Member Posts: 8

One of the nice things about GW is that it has relatively low system requirements yet the graphics are great none the less.  You won't be dissapointed in that department.

• SephiriusSephirius Member Posts: 8

Let me expand a bit more:

As for the game itself, I consider it a real Gem in the industry.  It's different in many ways and often people fail to consider that before comparing it to games like WoW and the like.

PvE wise, the game in my opinion is well done, especially Prophecies.  Many people are striked feeling like its a single player game, but I'd like to think that it takes what we like from single player games and makes it MMO.  All areas are instanced and at it may sour your first impression, but believe me it grows on you as you have the entire area to yourself with up to 7 of your other friends, no kill stealers, no farmers in your way, spawn camping etc.  Its all yours and you complete it at your own pace and to enjoy.  Plus there are the cutscenes which bring the story to you in a way that few other MMOs do..  Plus this isnt a half-baked quest grind, each story / quest is tied into the backstory which is made obvious from the get-go instead of grinding to get to it in other games.

PvP wise, this is where it shines.  PvP Winners are decided by Player/Team gaming skill and strategy.. NOT who has grinded longer for better gear/levels than the other which in my opinion has little to do with real gaming skill.  PvP varies from a casual arena style, larger scale alliance battles or guild vs guild.  The best thing is the Guild vs Guild latter where the top guilds actually compete for cash prizes with a $100,000 every year, and yes they actually do it, done it twice already.

Here is what you should do, this weekend has a Nightfall preview event that is open to EVERYONE even if you don't own the game.  http://www.guildwars.com for details.  This weekend you can play the upcoming expansion and see for yourself if this is the game for you.

• Vrael231Vrael231 Member Posts: 52
    Thanks il hav to try it

feathered with one of the eagle''s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction

• Vrael231Vrael231 Member Posts: 52

i think this is my comps  system

Intel® Celeron®  D Processor 330 (2.66GHz, 533MHz FSB, 256KB L2 cache)

Intel® Celeron®  D Processor 325 (2.53GHz, 533MHz FSB, 256KB L2 cache)

Intel Celeron D Processor 330 (2.66Ghz, 533MHz FSB, 256 KB L2 cache

Intel Celeron D Processor 325 (2.53 GHz, 533MHz FSB, 256KB L2 cache

will that work?

• BronxChuloBronxChulo Member Posts: 166

Originally posted by Vrael231
    Is this game worth it, will it mess up my comp, and is it any good.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srl

Goto that site.  Click the button "Can I run it?"  On the drop down menu, select Guild Wars or Guild Wars: Factions, and see if your comp can run it.

• VGJusticeVGJustice Member Posts: 640

Hey, that's a pretty cool link, BronxChulo. Good find.

--~~--
    Play Guild Wars? Go here - http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page