Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those who want to start FFXI!

Howdy fellow Final Fantasy fans!

Final fantasy XI is a very good game all around, easy to enjoy, with a very good quest base. One of the most enjoyable features is the classic appearence of old, and new classes from some of your favorite Final Fantasies! However, casual gamers beware. I will explain the highs and lows of this game, to those of you who are contemplating starting an adventure in Vana'diel.

First, you might be asking 'Well, what do you know?' I know quite a bit, but not everything, of course ^^. I do have a few high levels, and one max level character, and I did complete both the Zilart missions, and the Chains of Promathia missions. I have much experience in this game, and played for one year. I recently quit, because I no longer felt the need to play the game. It had...Served its purpose. However there are many FFXI players that have played well over three and even four years.

First, this is not a casual gaming game. About the only thing casual, is synthesis, fishing, and getting from levels 1-10. Oh, and chatting. This game, is teamwork oriented. You must be willing to work with 5 other people most of the time, and sometimes up to 17 other people, and in rare occasions, such as an event called Dynamis, up 53 other people, fighting god monsters. It is a very fun experience.

Parties are basic, there are requirements, which can sometimes, in the high levels, be obsticles that can stop a person/party from leveling all together. Such as, a party NEEDS a Whitemage(healer), however, a powerlevel (someone a much higher level than you that is helping, but not in the party) can substitute. A party also needs a Tank, Ninja, and Paladins are the prefered, because no other class can really suffice as a good tank at level 30+. This can be challenging when seeking a party, or forming a party, because tanks are rather unpopular. However, a powerlever, can substitute. Now, a powerlevel can only substitute for so high a level, about level 40 is when it gets complicated.

Hardcore grinding, yes yes, it does take a bit of a grind. But it does have its rewards. There are many fun events in final fantasy, such as the quests from 1-20, they are very enjoyable. And there are these special events, called BCNM, I am not sure the meaning, but I know the NM stands for Notorius Monster. You can start this event at level 20, with two of your friends. There is one, every ten levels. And at level 30, you can begin BALLISTA/BRENNER, which is basically PVP/MINIGAMES. Very fun things indeed. However, this is all complicated to achieve. Most everything in the game is gained through quests. And most everything needs a party/powerlevel.

Alot of things in this game take a very long time to achieve, this game takes a very long time to play, it is for the player who has more time to invest in the game. To be honnest, it isnt very human friendly, but it is still a good game for the hardcore gamer, and since this is MMORPG.com, I figure there are a few of you around. So that basically wraps up my preview, or whatever you want to call it, of FFXI, I hope you enjoy it, I did.

Don't be discouraged from this game. When you start playing, its like a whole other world. It's truly a wonderful game. It is like when Everquest first came out, people were AMAZED, and people still are at FFXI. It is an excellent game, and they keep a very good eye on the bugs in the game, and customer support is very friendly, and the GM's are extremely nice to you. Players are helpful, and few people are rude. If you want something to focus on for a while, perhaps you have something going on in your life, like school, and need something on the side to relax with, this is it.

Comments

• TelakiTelaki Member Posts: 361
    Good post, but everything you've said has already been mentioned and is on the first page. So maybe, reading through some threads before you post would be better next time.

• KaibyakuKaibyaku Member Posts: 65
    But mine is so condenced, and user friendly. And so what that i'm spinning it like crazy. Bye my product ^^.