Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No open beta this month

Looks like it got pushed back:

http://www.tcos.com/sbforum/viewtopic.php?t=6558

ah well...

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

Comments

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509
    While I completely applaud a developement team taking the time to make a game the right way and not being swayed by artificial dates, I do have to say that I am so completely bored to hell with these companies giving these BS positive spin posts/press releases.

Post should have been: Bottom Line, game needs more work. We need more time to get things right, we can't afford to take the right amount of time for open beta just yet, period.

Anyways, the delay is very much so needed. I would also expect an announcement for the official release date to be pushed back a good 6 months.

• netnomadnetnomad Member Posts: 9

I’m saddened to see the delay but I’m not surprised. They
    are only in their second beta and that was released at the end of August.  They still say Q4 but only time will tell.

• DabbleDabble Member Posts: 1,043

I'll bet you good money that it won't be release Q4.

Every game gets pushed, this one will be no different.

I will guess Q2 or Q3 of 2007 for release

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Well considering that you only get one chance at Open (much like launch day). I rather they put the best product out possible, because to be honest a Open beta test can make or break you.

Blah looks like I only have the new BF game to look forward to playing now..

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

Originally posted by Tinybina
    Well considering that you only get one chance at Open (much like launch day). I rather they put the best product out possible, because to be honest a Open beta test can make or break you.

Blah looks like I only have the new BF game to look forward to playing now..

/completely agreed.

And very well put. Have fun in BF .

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by shae
    While I completely applaud a developement team taking the time to make a game the right way and not being swayed by artificial dates, I do have to say that I am so completely bored to hell with these companies giving these BS positive spin posts/press releases.Post should have been: Bottom Line, game needs more work. We need more time to get things right, we can't afford to take the right amount of time for open beta just yet, period. Anyways, the delay is very much so needed. I would also expect an announcement for the official release date to be pushed back a good 6 months.

I couldn't help but notice that word we all love "potential" was used in the press release. Atleast he is saying they want to live up to it though and not release it with potential and try to patch up to the potential later. Was a fair press release I think.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

Originally posted by Fadeus

While I completely applaud a developement team taking the time to make a game the right way and not being swayed by artificial dates, I do have to say that I am so completely bored to hell with these companies giving these BS positive spin posts/press releases.Post should have been: Bottom Line, game needs more work. We need more time to get things right, we can't afford to take the right amount of time for open beta just yet, period. Anyways, the delay is very much so needed. I would also expect an announcement for the official release date to be pushed back a good 6 months.

I couldn't help but notice that word we all love "potential" was used in the press release. Atleast he is saying they want to live up to it though and not release it with potential and try to patch up to the potential later. Was a fair press release I think.

True enough and I think we're all tired of saying: "This game had so much potentail, if only..."

Your right Fad, it's nice to see a dev say they want to attain that before we have to. Guess I'm just getting jaded with the extent of PR getting put into these releases. Not a good sign huh?

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

True enough and I think we're all tired of saying: "This game had so much potentail, if only..."
    Your right Fad, it's nice to see a dev say they want to attain that before we have to. Guess I'm just getting jaded with the extent of PR getting put into these releases. Not a good sign huh?

After reading some of SOE and Turbine's press releases that one seemed pretty dam straight up to me. I guess I just have very low expectations anymore with the MMO market.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659

Originally posted by Fadeus

It was, but this same month they promised they would not postpone release. That was a lie. So what to think about everything else they say? Mmorpg are all the same in this respect.

--
    Delanor

• Xbuster231Xbuster231 Member Posts: 39

Um, i really doubt they are going to relase this game in Q2 + , if they are already on the virge of releasing open beta then that means the testing is almost over and would not take 6+ months...this isent SOE, my bet is December or January

But anyway a game called Phantasy Star Universe is releasing, its a online action rpg and would probably be pretty good to help train you for Spellborn, the combat is sort of action rpg based like Spellborn 9$ a month tho...

• mbbladembblade Member Posts: 747
    there will be peeps what will complain but if they feel its not up to par then move it back