Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth it or not?

I played wow for about a year and a half. 1-59 it was fun the first time. now its just work and at 60 its just a grind.

I was considering playing FFXI. Can I get some info on how it is, is it fun, any pvp at all..etc...

Thanks

Comments

• Tasos4Tasos4 Member Posts: 14

It's more of a community game than WoW is. You need to level with 5 other people with every job except Beastmaster. Goals take a long time to accomplish and you'll most likely need help from people who have nothing to gain from helping you. Gil (money) takes time to acquire and good equipment is expensive. Ballista is our PvP and they are releasing Colliseum in a coming patch but there isn't much info on it yet.

Now that I read that over it sounds like a shitty game. It's fun if you like challenging games that require a lot of time and effort to "beat".

• ShijukiShijuki Member UncommonPosts: 318
    This isn't the right game for you since obviously your looking for a game thats more casual friendly than wow which doesn't exist. Or just get GW, just my two cents.

• KaibyakuKaibyaku Member Posts: 65
    Compared to World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy will seem like HELL to you. I have a level 75 monk, and it took me 9 months to get there. Simply because, it takes forever to get a party, and leveling takes hours. I wouldn't reccomend it for a non hardcore gamer.

Caitsith server - Akashiro
    75 - monk
    50 - warrior
    50 - puppetmaster
    48 - darkknight
    37 - ninja
    37 - thief
    (the rest below 20)