Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you are hanging at the play game window like ravenmyst and me...

StalinfalconStalinfalcon Member Posts: 77

...I seem to have fixed the matter. I am not sure WHICH thing I did was the fix though, so lets go from least painful to most.

First, try logging into G&G in the fashion the Webmaster recently suggested in order to more reliably access the G&G main server (this was a work-around for the 'Blocked by webmaster' issue ppl were having trying to post on G&G forums).

So, to be explicit: when you first open up G&G, look to the top and click on the word 'Log In'. Don't log in from any other links or other sections of the site. Log in specifically from that word at the top right of the screen.

Once you are registered as logged on, surf over to the cabalonline page of G&G. Scroll down to the bottom, see the little green button saying 'Go' next to the URL cabalonline.net? Click that button.

Now, at the CO webpage, DON'T CLICK PLAY. Look at the top, where it says stuff like 'Korean' and 'Log In'. You guessed it, click that up there. It should automatically log you on without asking you to type your ID/PW.

Now click playgame.

This may or may not fix the issue, however it doesn't hurt to try this roundabout way of logging on before going to the headache fix.

Headache fix is, of course, re-install. I re-installed. This is how I did it.

I removed CO:GSP via add/remove programs.

I also trashed the Cabal GSP set-up file that was in program files>cabaltemp. It was a blue icon next to the same-looking icon for the cabaldownloader.exe. DON'T TRASH THE DOWNLOADER. Just the old setup file, which I am convinced is corrupted for whatever reason, so it extracted bad and won't access the servers.

Then I clicked on the downloader icon to start a fresh download. I was NOT logged onto Cabalonline when I clicked the downloader, so don't worry about that. Just execute it, and grab a beer or three and be busy for 2 hours. LET ME MAKE ONE ASSUMPTION! That you originally downloaded the GSP client 'legitiimatly' via cabalonline.net, and not via some 3rd party bittorrent. If you did, I can't help you.

The download via the cabalonline downloader is a hair shredding 2 hours, true, but at least it works. When the d/l finishes, make sure to click the 'install' button right there. Don't close out the window and then try to install it later. This MIGHT have been why my issue happened. I had closed the window, and then clicked the Cabalsetup icon in Cabaltemp folder, the first time I installed the game two weeks ago. I'll bet anything that this somehow corrupted things. Install directly from the download window once it reaches 100%.

Anyways, you should have a functioning game now. I would have done a full re-install TWO WEEKS ago, if I had been told 'The game is running just fine, pal, the prob is on your end.'

Instead, all we ever got was silence. ravenmyst can confirm this lack of communication. I for one am very displeased with G&G (who could only cleverly answer every question with: 'you have to have an e-mail invitation to play this closed beta.' um, DUH~) and with the lack of a Developer-hosted Cabalonline:GSP Forum where this sort of issue would have been hashed out WEEKS ago.

Comments

• ravenmystravenmyst Member UncommonPosts: 55

thank you for this post man i will be re-dling the game here shortly and hopfully playing sometime tonight or tomarrow

well i cant dl it again for some reason i clicked on the play cabal link to re download it but it didnt start the dl again and i dont know where else to go to get cause i cant get it from the site or from gng

oh well and i already deleted all the folders and everything

Space available for rent.

• StalinfalconStalinfalcon Member Posts: 77

That's why I said in my write-up not to delete the downloader.exe which was in program files > cabaltemp. I launched the download from that icon. There were 2 folders in program files. cabaltemp and cabalGSP. the GSP folder was deleted if you did add/remove programs, but cabaltemp should still be there. In cabaltemp i deleted the cabalsetup, not the downloader.

That all said, this fookin game is acting up again. I was in game for an hour or so earlier. Now several hours later, it's the same goddam routine with the bogus re-direct to the cabalonline/download/popup window. And subsequent hang. And there is NO NA forum aside from G&G to try and sort this out. And G&G forums are primarily frequented by illiterates.

W/e~ this new thing with importing Korean MMOs instead of spending the time/$$$s to develop original IPs is a nasty disease anyhow. KMMOs all share some commonalities: broken graphics engines (your camera ALWAYS shoots into the trees, through walls, hell even INSIDE your character). They all refuse to implement Auction Houses, instead insisting on on-line-and-logged-in AFK-Player-Shops to do business. They all continue to use Diablo UIs which were fine back in the day of isometric-view static-cam games, like RTSes and Diablo and Lineage 1. They all insist on using point&click mouse&keyboard, whilst any veteran of FFXI, and far more tellingly: DDO, will tell you that gamepad is the way to go. At the very least, we want the OPTION to gamepad here in the 21st century, but all your KMMOs have ths clever device called a Hackshield.

Fine, I'll deal with the headache as long as it is F2P. But, now we have ArchLord coming along which is P2P AND Gameshop together. I highly doubt that they modernised the game. That would cost dev $$$s. And in this light, I am sceptical about 2Moons as well. Dekaron is just another cookie-cutter KMMO. Unless David Perry has some big plans to modernise the UI and economy systems that I am unaware of, then I see just another Rap Song Sampling An Old Dead Tune For Maximal Profits With Minimal Unique Intellectual Property Development.

from the way its sounding cabal is more of a hassle than its worth

as for 2moons and the other games only time will tell with them lets hope that they start paying attention to what gamers r saying and start bringing things in to the 21st century otherwise it may be a long time before i go and try any new games and there r some that look promising but for the most part im thinking that untill the game devs start reading what we post then all we will get for the most part r rehashed ideas and slightly changed and partly translated games from korea 

• timmy12timmy12 Member UncommonPosts: 390
    are u guys Europens?
    no we r both americans

• MaradiusMaradius Member Posts: 23

Ok.. finally got inth the game but now I have another challange in front of me... LOGIN and PASSWORD.... I can't believe that this game is so user unfriendly for just a sake of starting it! I have my game ID created and try using it and get the message 'Account Name or Password do not match. Please try again.' - And I know that my Account name and password are correct because I didn't tried it once and made sure that everything is inserted as it should. I'm from Canada and using NA version in order to log into the site we are using our e-mail adress but that cannot work as a login into the game because it is too long.... I created game ID on the www.cabalonline.com site and this should wor but it DOESN'T.... damn.. I really hope that this game is worth all these troubles. Whoever from NA is playing this game - can you tell me if you had to create some different game ID on the other site? And yes - I got my acceptance letter for beta testing.. it's not like I forgot about it

Oi Maradius and welcome. I'm an expat from Leeds, living in America now. My family left Blighty in disgust never to return when Leeds United lost their dominance never to regain it since.

Cabalonline.COM is the Beta forum cum main website for the Euro game. I was a part of that game till an IP ban was set up and all the NA beta testers got rejected, in the name of Market Models. You will notice that Cabalonline.NET is sadly lacking in a beta forum. G&G is the supposed forum, but the lack of literacy over there boggles my frightfully delicate English senses. Your Canadian senses, I trust, would be as mortified.

During the approximate 2 hours that I actually was able to play this bloody git of a game, yesterday, before it put it's chastity belt back on and tossed out the key barring me from further access, I had found that if I logged onto G&G first, thus doing all my ID/PW typing in G&G, and then surfing my way to cabalonline.com via a series of clicks (as opposed to typing the url in the browser is what I mean), a series of clicks by following the Link Road from G&G, and then by clicking on the phrase: 'Log In' when I finally arrived at cabalonline.net, it immediately logged me in, BYPASSING the ID/PW window in that site.

The path I explained in my first post in this thread should work this way. Realise that, since then, a spanner got back in the works and 1) the god-forsaken cabalonline.net/DownLoad/PopDown.aspx issue that raven and I have had for the past fortnight resurrected itself, and 2) the path for log-in that I described is once again popping up a PW/ID log-in window at cabalonline.net (which it isn't supposed to do; it is supposed to recognise that you surfed over from G&G, notice that you ae logged in over there, and bypass the log-in demand. That was the whole design theory behind this very-dodgy-at-best SSO system.)

Maradius, if you should attempt to post anything on the G&G Forum (Gods know why, as 90% of the users over there would shame a pre-Neanderthal with their brainlessness), be prepared to have to type your post 2-3 times over. Your posts have a good 80+% chance of getting 'Blocked by Webmaster'. When you click 'submit' (or w/e term they gave the button there) the page refreshes itself  before trying to access the server. So, when your access gets invariably denied, you are looking at a big white screen, when you browse back to your post you will see that all you typed is gone. Being of sturdy Russian descent, I see conspiracies everywhere and I personally think G&G do not WANT people submitting posts longer than one short sentence long. If one must spam one's post and pray it gets through, one will most likely not write essays, eh?

• MaradiusMaradius Member Posts: 23

Hi Stalinfalcon and thanx for the answer! I tried few different things and finally I got into the game!!! I guess the night shift was not helping me to grasp the idea of entering through www.gamengame.com site that you mentioned in your first post and I was assuming that this is a main site for the CO  - MY FAULT but this time I went with your pointers and I was playing it up to level 6  leaving some more game time for tommorow after work...

So far it looks like a graet game [and YES it is a grinding game as well, but if you are still here that means that you have to like that type of MMORPG - it WILL include GRINDING!] - graphics are pretty good, nice and smooth movement, I'm still trying to learn as much as I can and just feel sorry that I cannot play from work. Hahaha... Very nice tutorial so far... And looks like game has more options for character building then Silkroad and Hero. Lets see what will be a charge for it after trial period?

Anyways.. my IGN ingame is Cerval and I play blader with double katanas going for that dex; speed and accuracy... If you want to add me to buddy list - go ahead I would enjoy exchanging info on the game and gladly accept tips from higher lvl players plus it is much better to get or give some ingame help when someone needs it.

Good job getting in, glad you like it ^^ You won't be seeing my Wizard anytime soon as I am back at square one again. The play button is redirecting to the goddam cabalonline.net/DownLoad/PopDown.apsx window and hanging. Same as it ever was.
  • NeoEnigmaNeoEnigma Member Posts: 14
    When I first downloaded cabal, i left the window open and went right into patching.  After it was 100% finished, I tried playing.  That didnt work.

Then I did the suggestion where you go to the game&game website, log in, and do all that stuff.  Didnt work.

Then i found out that I had to disable my virus scanner (all processes relating to it).  I restarted my computer.  I went to the game&game website again, logged in, clicked ont he cabal website link, logged in at the top of the screen on the cabal website (it logged me in automatically), i clicked play, and everything worked fine.

I found out that my virus scanner wasnt letting the gameguard thing work properly. 

Now IM level 11 and kicking butt.  I love it :)

... can I just go shoot myself with an Uzi Paintball Gun now? I basically walked away from CO after my last comment of renewed trouble... I never looked at this response till now... REBOOT AFTER TURNING OFF VIRUS SCANNER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Needless to say I'm still level 3 and now 1st CB is over and 2nd CB is still on the way. I'm gonna pummel myself in the head and sing HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY now...