Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Community ruins the game

TheAnomalyTheAnomaly Member Posts: 42
I started playing Runescape back in 2003 when having 30,000 people online at the same time was a big deal. The community was much smaller then and a lot friendlier. I decided to give the game a go the other day. I'm a member with full zamorak armor so I usually attract a couple of people asking me to give it to them or something. I was at the coal mines and had 1 rock that I would mine over and over. There were a couple of other guys there and we all agreed to just let me have that one rock. Another guy showed up not too long after and asked me to sell him my armor. I politely said no and he decided to follow me aroudn for the next 2 hours and take every piece of coal I tried to mine. He also called me a "noob" and told me how big of a jerk I was.

Instances like this happen over and over in this game. Runescape really isn't that bad of a game but the community definately ruins it.

Comments

• iampiemaniampieman Member Posts: 38
    I dont think that the community RUINS the game thats too far but yeah it doesnt help to have people say (mainly on free worlds) H3y ub3r n00b  giv3 m3 phr33 st0f pl0x i actually hear that when i go to a free world for business operations

piepiepiepie i is master of pies!

• Shrimp10Shrimp10 Member Posts: 275

Originally posted by TheAnomaly
    I started playing Runescape back in 2003 when having 30,000 people online at the same time was a big deal. The community was much smaller then and a lot friendlier. I decided to give the game a go the other day. I'm a member with full zamorak armor so I usually attract a couple of people asking me to give it to them or something. I was at the coal mines and had 1 rock that I would mine over and over. There were a couple of other guys there and we all agreed to just let me have that one rock. Another guy showed up not too long after and asked me to sell him my armor. I politely said no and he decided to follow me aroudn for the next 2 hours and take every piece of coal I tried to mine. He also called me a "noob" and told me how big of a jerk I was.

Instances like this happen over and over in this game. Runescape really isn't that bad of a game but the community definately ruins it.

I agree with the above poster in saying the community doesn't really ruin the game, it just drags it down a bit.  

Best MMOs - RuneScape and WoW
    Crappiest MMOs - Hero Online, SWG, DDO
    MMO's played - RS, WoW, GW, EVE, AO, PlanetSide, Jumpgate, Face of Mankind, MapleStory, SO, Liniege 1 & 2, City of Villains, Flyff, Realm Online, SWG, Seed, Sims Online, City of Heroes.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    ----

• HomiesliceHomieslice Member Posts: 156

R u guys okay in the head? Community ruins this game the most. nevermind the graphics or the horrid sound and the repetivness. I had no life in the summer and I had all day to grind my ass of in Runescape. so it was okay. But the community ruins it. I spent 2 hours trying to buy a addy scrimmy. I had like 20 different ppl try to scam me. Also me and this dude agreed to fight to the death with no food. I got him to like 10HP and wat does he do, eat. wtf he's a dumbass. Also you got ppl calling each other noobsl,Choobs or watever the fuck. Community def. ruins the game. Place for immature 10 year old kids, Scammerz, ppl with no lives.

BOOOM

Ya heard

• sparky7483sparky7483 Member Posts: 159

I, being an RS hater, think the community is about the 2nd worst thing on the game. But the 1 thing I h8 the most is the repetetiveness(spelled right?). U just click and click and click and click and click and click and click and click and click and hopefully within a few hours u go up a lvl. That and the lack of WASD.

Life is full of choices--dont make RS one of em
    ----------
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117
    This forum is a good example.

Originally posted by BobCrazyton

Of what?

MMO's played - RS, WoW, GW, EVE, AO, PlanetSide, Jumpgate, Face of Mankind, MapleStory, SO, Liniege 1 & 2, City of Villains, Flyff, Realm Online, SWG, Seed, Sims Online, City of Heroes.

----

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Originally posted by Shrimp10

Of what?

*Hand on forhead guy*

Originally posted by Shrimp10

Of what?

*Hand on forhead guy*

*Throws question marks at BobCrazyton*

----